godfather
Region: North East
Affiliation: Avoiding nonsense

New Orleans : drugs involved in most shootings,homicides -dea

Unread post by Quiet-Q » August 10th, 2018, 9:42 am

☰MENU

LOCAL
DRUGS INVOLVED IN MOST SHOOTINGS, HOMICIDES, STATISTICS SHOW

Overall DEA agents are seeing the deadly, powerful opioid called fentanyl more and more in the New Orleans area.

Author: Meg Farris
Published: 07/30/18
There are some hard numbers to report, when it comes to what's behind the gun violence.

A local group of concerned citizens, doctors and law enforcement, have been looking into the problem in order to find the best solutions.

Back in 2010 when the GNO Drug Demand Reduction Coalition was formed, there was thought that the lack of conflict resolution skills was driving the local gun violence, but now the group says its research points to the drug trade.

If you fill the Smoothie King Center nearly four times, that's how many people in the New Orleans area are addicted to drugs, 67,371 to be exact. College age young adults 18 to 25 alone would nearly fill the center once, which is 15,931. And it's that huge, public health crisis that supplies steady customers for the drug trade.

Seton Smith Jenkins is a member of the GNO Drug Demand Reduction Coalition. Its goal is to gather hard evidence and numbers so funds and solutions will go to where prevention, treatment and enforcement are really needed. Now the group is releasing the hard data and tough reality.

First: Per capita, you are more likely to be the victim of gun violence in New Orleans than Chicago. Law enforcement says drugs are involved in 90 percent of the cases of gun violence and the coroner finds drugs in most of the victims.

"Their idea is we can't arrest ourselves out of this problem. We can't jail people who are sick people," said Jenkins about the opinion of law enforcement officers.

"I'm not surprised because the majority of the cases that we work, they're violent drug traffickers," said Debbie Webber, a DEA Special Agent who is the Public Information Officer in the New Orleans Field Division.

Because of ongoing law enforcement partnerships, the DEA is involved in the investigation of this weekend's mass shooting, though there is no confirmation at this time if drugs were involved. But overall, agents are seeing the deadly, powerful opioid called fentanyl more and more in the New Orleans area. It comes from Mexico and is being mixed with every other drug. In fact last year, 64 people died from smoking pot laced with fentanyl.

Loading ...
"Fentanyl is taking over the market because it is so cheap to make, and it's so cheap to buy," said Webber.

The Coalition's new numbers show six percent of 10th graders bring guns to school to sell drugs.

"There's not an awareness. There's not treatment. There's no adolescent treatment in our community," said Jenkins.

A few weeks ago a drug bust of fentanyl was made in Houma. The DEA says there was enough to kill 14,000 people.

Quiet-Q
godfather
Region: North East
Affiliation: Avoiding nonsense

Unread post by Quiet-Q » August 10th, 2018, 9:42 am

Dope....boy....city

Crooked$ipp
major
Region: South
Affiliation: 662

Unread post by Crooked$ipp » August 10th, 2018, 10:43 am

"First: Per capita, you are more likely to be the victim of gun violence in New Orleans than Chicago."

They forgot to add: "If your involve in these shady activities. "
Regular square ain't got much to be concerned with it except for your typical robbers & jackers.

SolidT15th
underboss
Affiliation: Neutral

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 10:58 am

If you square bare doin what ur supposed to do most people down here can lead a good productive life ....N.O has its good sides ....I really love my city n couldn’t live no where else bc ain’t no place like it around I promise ..that being said it does happen where innocent people do fall victim ..that’s just life in the big city tho......but if you are in the game n you are looking for bullshit it will find you before you can blink ......these boys in the city are just out there lit off dope lean n pills itchin to catch a body ......we used to be out clocking Bank n risking it all to get paid ......this new generation ain’t nearly as concerned with the money these niggas want the beef lol

Crooked$ipp
major

Unread post by Crooked$ipp » August 10th, 2018, 11:16 am

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 10:58 am
If you square bare doin what ur supposed to do most people down here can lead a good productive life ....N.O has its good sides ....I really love my city n couldn’t live no where else bc ain’t no place like it around I promise ..that being said it does happen where innocent people do fall victim ..that’s just life in the big city tho......but if you are in the game n you are looking for bullshit it will find you before you can blink ......these boys in the city are just out there lit off dope lean n pills itchin to catch a body ......we used to be out clocking Bank n risking it all to get paid ......this new generation ain’t nearly as concerned with the money these niggas want the beef lol
How many clicks in the N.O?

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 11:33 am

It’s no telling but the ones that ring bells are the ones uptown .....3NG(old Magnolia project area) FOTK(Front of town killas) that’s a click from where the Calliope was ....it was two parts of the projects ..Front of town n Back of town ...it’s all called Marrero Commons now tho lol......MCK Mid City Killas got a name too.......Fisher Fools well known too (15th ward).....they been talkin bout it’s a circle of UVL’s uptown that call themselves Ghost Gang also

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 11:36 am

N I ain’t gonna forget my circle WBP West Bank Playaz (TVL)but we grown men for the most......these clicks I named uptown is mostly young a$$ boys ...the top niggas are older tho

Crooked$ipp
major

Unread post by Crooked$ipp » August 10th, 2018, 12:45 pm

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 11:36 am
N I ain’t gonna forget my circle WBP West Bank Playaz (TVL)but we grown men for the most......these clicks I named uptown is mostly young a$$ boys ...the top niggas are older tho
Aight. So right now the hottest spots is around them 3NG and FOTK?

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Yeah 3nG been on the map for a minute now n them boys str8 killers......FOTK been around too .......from what I understand 3nG got actual structure

Crooked$ipp
major

Unread post by Crooked$ipp » August 12th, 2018, 1:56 am

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 12:53 pm
Yeah 3nG been on the map for a minute now n them boys str8 killers......FOTK been around too .......from what I understand 3nG got actual structure
They got structure like those crews in Baltimore? Like a boss , lieutenant, soldiers or sumthing different?