"im a real og now"-41yo Macon,ga gd brags on social media after killing 39yo crip

K Dogg
prince
Region: West
Affiliation: Real Nigga Nation

Re: "im a real og now"-41yo Macon,ga gd brags on social media after killing 39yo crip

Unread post by K Dogg » August 10th, 2018, 8:54 am

5star-Barnone wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 10:41 pm
This clown :lol:

Didnt i see a picture of you in some highway patrol aviators and a baggy a$$ button up looking like the family dope fiend at the funeral.

5 up and wise up nigga the higher self is the only self.

5:27
The Azian is bacc cuhz

K Dogg
prince

Unread post by K Dogg » August 10th, 2018, 8:56 am

K Dogg wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 8:54 am
5star-Barnone wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 10:41 pm
This clown :lol:

Didnt i see a picture of you in some highway patrol aviators and a baggy a$$ button up looking like the family dope fiend at the funeral.

5 up and wise up nigga the higher self is the only self.

5:27
The Azian is bacc cuhz

SolidT15th
underboss
Region: South
Affiliation: Neutral

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 9:13 am

i never understood why street niggas would feel the need to hide anything bout poppin some pills or snortin some powder....I could understand hiding that you a rock head or you bang dope but I mean sh*t you man enough to do the sh*t then man up to the fact you do it.....long as it don’t control your life that is....my Chief was cool with most sh*t other than doin dope or smokin rocks long as it wasnt causing problems for the mob n making us look bad ...before we’d go out on weekends or to a party we’d be at the honeycomb hideout passing a plate around w lines on it treatin our nose lol

5star-Barnone
associate
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: B.B.G

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 10th, 2018, 10:09 am

Doin dope is violation in the 20s. You will get your a$$ BEAT

Again, that sh*t isnt our nature :lol:

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 10th, 2018, 10:13 am

I dont judge tho

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 10th, 2018, 10:16 am

HTIC wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 12:13 am
5star-Barnone wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 10:01 pm
my BBG is Barnone Blood Gang. A car specifically for 5 riding damus outside of New York structure
:lol:
The 5 is different for bloods here. Theres no peoples or folks there like that.

BluntedUp
ooog
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: I-95

Unread post by BluntedUp » August 10th, 2018, 10:20 am

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 9:13 am
i never understood why street niggas would feel the need to hide anything bout poppin some pills or snortin some powder....I could understand hiding that you a rock head or you bang dope but I mean sh*t you man enough to do the sh*t then man up to the fact you do it.....long as it don’t control your life that is....my Chief was cool with most sh*t other than doin dope or smokin rocks long as it wasnt causing problems for the mob n making us look bad ...before we’d go out on weekends or to a party we’d be at the honeycomb hideout passing a plate around w lines on it treatin our nose lol
I aint even gon hold yall i like turnin up and have done coke a couple times. The only part about cocaine i like is u can be assed out drunk about to call it a night niff a line and it resets u right back at square 1 u ready to turn up again.

Outside of that sh*t is wack. I couldn't justify paying for that sh*t or having a habit of doing it. Last couple times i did it i had the mean stuffy nose for a minute too so im pretty much done with that.

But yo Alot of people do coke. Most obviously aint gon put that on front street but it is a drug u can function on easily if u keep ya life together.

BluntedUp
ooog

Unread post by BluntedUp » August 10th, 2018, 10:27 am

Honestly pill heads i seen are worse off than the coke heads. The cokeheads be f*cked up too but moreless cuz of other sh*t they got goin on the coke just adds to it.

Pills tho muhfuckas be good than get hooked on pills and u can see the point in which they not comin back from. Nah buddy ill stick to my trees.

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 10:43 am

@5 Star ........I don’t know how no Damu ‘s that ride the 5 function but they ain’t Peoples n yeah doin dope(heroin) is supposed to be a automatic V in the mob but on some rns,minor stuff does get overlooked ......I couldn’t never justify throwing money away behind that girl but in the past yeah if my dogs bust down a 8ball n offered I was down .......too many nights I’m at the bar /club f*cked up n I done had a b*tch ready to go ...I couldn’t drive n she’d take me to the whip n hit some key bumps I’m good as new lol

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 10:50 am

I know drugs a huge problem everywhere but i promise you that down here in N.O it’s on some whole other sh*t bruh.....niggas been popping pills heavy since the late 90’s.......we never used to trip off niggas poppin some basic sh*t but I remember when they started doin Oxycotton n them fuckin waefers....both them sh*t was just like doin dope ....think it was made to help dopefiends kick but it had a worse affect ....a couple niggas we rocked w got V’d behind doin waefers...they’d be loaded off that sh*t for hours n throwing up every 45 minutes I hated seeing people like that bruh

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 10th, 2018, 11:03 am

I understand how its different in New Orleans. that dope is down there. but you have some chicago born V.Ls feel a certain way to non chicago V.Ls as if they arent brothers when infact there's no difference at all and just as connected. In LA you have the city stones right in the 20s with the neighborhoods and OLS, been there since early 70s so there's no mystery of the neighborhood finding its way back in the Midwest.

We didnt put the 5 on it until early 90s but no matter who do or dont consider us people we connected, share same adversaries and even some symbols midwest to the West and back again.

5x = *

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 10th, 2018, 11:12 am

The 5 riders of the neighborhood are the Midwest natives only.

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 11:16 am

Bruh I’m sure it is Chicago born Lords that have an opinion about out of towners in the nation but I guarantee you I’ve never lost a minute of sleep behind it nor has anyone I rotated with .....I done rotated w Lords from Chicago n everywhere else n I’m white n within a 2 minute convo it was blatantly obvious that I’m more than proper n I ain’t never had none of that sh*t even come up in convo to me besides online

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 11:18 am

On the 20’s n Stones being tight ,that’s wassup .....I watched that doc called “Slippin “ n it showed them city stones n 20’s was close n also at times not so close lol .....

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 10th, 2018, 11:22 am

Lil bro, big bro relationship. But its local politics thats all i keep getting brothers to try and keep in mind, its been nothing but live with 64s. I've met few CVLs and they were righteous.

To the west and back again.

HarlemWorldATL
ooog
Region: North East
Affiliation: I get money with my Crip niggas n bitches

Unread post by HarlemWorldATL » August 10th, 2018, 11:27 am

My experience wit coke came when I was bout 7-8 years old.My pops was fucking with that sh*t in the 80s-early 90s(which explained his violent behavior during those times).on two occasions I found some under the couch in a folded up dollar bill.I showed my mom's cuz I didn't know wtf it was n she ain't say nothing.the second time I found it I tasted it n it tasted like Tylenol to me.I am scared to f*ck with that sh*t now cuz I hear once u try it a few times it becomes a real expensive habit.I know ppl who lost cars n cribs cuz they were doing coke.They say it's similar to adderall tho and if that's true, then I wouldn't f*ck with it no way cuz I hate adderall

As far as percs n sh*t go,I get them prescribed to me cuz of my illness.the first time was in 09 after I got out the hospital.got prescribed 120 of the 5mg joints but I didn't take em.They were giving me scripts every month n I wouldn't fill some of them.at this same time I linked up with a big homie n he put me onto the pill game

It wasn't until 2010 when I almost died in the hospital n the docs had me on all types of painkillers in pill form b n intravenously.I'm talking about oxycontin 80 mg, perc 5mg, morphine thru the IV, dilaudid 4mg thru the IV and when I got home I had scripts for perc 5s and Vicodin norcos 10mg that I was popping daily cuz I was in serious pain.that's when the trouble started slowly occurring

Also at the same time it was a Cuban dude in my building n once he found out I had them he started copping off me a whole lot

It wasn't until 2014 when my real troubles began.I got introduced to perc 10s(bananas)n it made me feel so good.I also was angry n upset that these industry ppl prevented me from making money as a songwriter n wanted me to start rapping which I was against.then a royalty check had came n I was depending on some good money from it but the sh*t was stupid low.all of that took a toll on me n I felt life wasn't going right at all

By 2015 I started popping like crazy cuz I was stressed the f*ck out.getting scripts n instead of getting money I took them all.My money was really f*cked up n I started lashing out at ppl.I knew I was addicted but them withdrawal symptoms n cravings when u don't have any in your system is hell.I had to figure out how to get off them shits.

I found an everyday otc medicine that pretty much kills your withdrawal symptoms if u don't have no more opiates in ya system.so in 2016 slowly but surely I got off them shits, money started rolling in, I started to fix my relationships with family, and denounced that rap bullshit by 2017.

Nowadays I get prescribed 30s, bananas but I only take if I'm really in pain.life is much better now n u gotta have the willpower to leave that sh*t alone.Ppl usually end up going to heroin when pills ain't available or cost too much for them.also them percs n oxys will make u upset n angry when u don't have any.I noticed that sh*t with me.n it also kills your sexual appetite after long periods of time.that's a damn no no for me I love sex lolol

So yea ppl b embarrassed n act like they don't pop pills cuz they don't want ppl talking about them.them same ppl pop pills them damn selves.But yea when u hear about this opiate epidemic out here now n doctors getting locked up for prescribing them to ppl, ppl end up getting addicted thru no fault of their own.They usually get hurt n go thru serious health issues(me)n get prescribed these percs n they get hooked cuz it really helps the pain, makes u feel good n u gonna want more.I got caught up cuz of my illness.f*cked up but it is what it is I overcame it

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 11:38 am

@5 Star where you live at blood ??? Ohio ?

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 11:46 am

Before Katrina n right after ...so like 02-07 it was these small a$$ Dr offices n pharmacies that would pop up outta nowhere n word would get out extra quick that when you walk through the door they know why ur there.....they’d give you an X-ray ,find whatever slight issue they can n they will prescribe sh*t to you based on that ....they say a Dr can find slight problems on anyone through a X-ray so it was impossible to be turned away ......they cracked down on it heavy by 2010 n them cats got major time

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 10th, 2018, 11:52 am

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 11:38 am
@5 Star where you live at blood ??? Ohio ?
Wtf?? KC.

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 12:04 pm

My bad ,it’s just I’ve never known of no VL activity like talking about in Midwest besides Indiana n Ohio ...n I guess E St Louis.....KC always comes off as str8 B n C action

Neutron Nation
superior

Unread post by Neutron Nation » August 10th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Vice Lords thick as hell in Wisconsin, Minnesota and parts of Michigan

SouthernKali-L™
oog
Affiliation: receiving L's on the half of southern kali
Location: Look at this gay avi here, as you can see all in a another man's face smh

Unread post by SouthernKali-L™ » August 10th, 2018, 12:33 pm

yeah .. like I have niggas who sober heads and do nothing but lift weights, go to work and exercise.. I have friends who do drugs and try to robb other niggas all the time for it.. some even tried to slimeball me.. but I sell pills not soft/hard or heroin like I want to .. so it's gonna be hard for a custy to take my pills from me without being a transaction and handing me some money back :lol:

like bluntedup said I don't judge plus I just sold 50 beans out my lil ex bong right here to some females.. I know they fina hit the klubs show they a$$ and attract niggas so I be giving deals to hoes so they kan bring me more custies n clientel :lol:
skittles.jpg
/|\ gangst3rs Killa TALL Insanek die Kkrowns ][][]['s

SouthernKali-L™
oog
Location: Look at this gay avi here, as you can see all in a another man's face smh

Unread post by SouthernKali-L™ » August 10th, 2018, 12:36 pm

BluntedUp wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 2:43 am
K Dogg wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 7:29 pm
I’m the type of nigga that’s competitive and got heart.. so if I joined I woulda been strivin to get a name Bodyin sh*t etc on a competitive level
:comeon: okay khmer
:facepalm: he lies soo much the whole hoodup just ignore him outside of me and you who always kalling him out on his lies :lmao: chili let off of Khmer and they kool now so I guess chili believes Khmer really is crip and running around blacks in long beach shooting sh*t :lmao:

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 10th, 2018, 12:41 pm

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 12:04 pm
My bad ,it’s just I’ve never known of no VL activity like talking about in Midwest besides Indiana n Ohio ...n I guess E St Louis.....KC always comes off as str8 B n C action
Lot of crips, bloods, GDs

Few VLs

K Dogg
prince

Unread post by K Dogg » August 10th, 2018, 12:49 pm

SouthernKali-L™ wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 12:33 pm
yeah .. like I have niggas who sober heads and do nothing but lift weights, go to work and exercise.. I have friends who do drugs and try to robb other niggas all the time for it.. some even tried to slimeball me.. but I sell pills not soft/hard or heroin like I want to .. so it's gonna be hard for a custy to take my pills from me without being a transaction and handing me some money back :lol:

like bluntedup said I don't judge plus I just sold 50 beans out my lil ex bong right here to some females.. I know they fina hit the klubs show they a$$ and attract niggas so I be giving deals to hoes so they kan bring me more custies n clientel :lol:

skittles.jpg
The Azian is bacc cuhz

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 12:57 pm

@Neutron yeah bruh I’m trippin ....I know about the Oso’s in Milwaukee.....Detroit got numerous decks ..flint also

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 10th, 2018, 12:59 pm

@twenty it looks like you just posted a bag of lucky charms bruh lol

HarlemWorldATL
ooog
Affiliation: I get money with my Crip niggas n bitches

Unread post by HarlemWorldATL » August 10th, 2018, 2:22 pm

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 11:46 am
Before Katrina n right after ...so like 02-07 it was these small a$$ Dr offices n pharmacies that would pop up outta nowhere n word would get out extra quick that when you walk through the door they know why ur there.....they’d give you an X-ray ,find whatever slight issue they can n they will prescribe sh*t to you based on that ....they say a Dr can find slight problems on anyone through a X-ray so it was impossible to be turned away ......they cracked down on it heavy by 2010 n them cats got major time
Yup it b the private doctors that ppl b running to to get their scripts.They eventually get raided after awhile cuz dumb niggas hear about it n send ppl who really don't need them n they end up making sh*t hot

SouthernKali-L™
oog

Unread post by SouthernKali-L™ » August 10th, 2018, 2:31 pm

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 12:59 pm
I posted these before n the video ima try to make it public on facebook so it kan show on here :lol: these real beans errthing I post on here is real from my money I posted, guns n etc even the vests I posted in 2015 on here :lmao:

K Dogg
prince

Unread post by K Dogg » August 10th, 2018, 3:40 pm

SouthernKali-L™ wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 2:31 pm
SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 12:59 pm
I posted these before n the video ima try to make it public on facebook so it kan show on here :lol: these real beans errthing I post on here is real from my money I posted, guns n etc even the vests I posted in 2015 on here :lmao:

Boa you weigh a buck 55 come to Long Beach and I’ll knock the lucky charms out yo funky lil a$$ you mark
The Azian is bacc cuhz

SouthernKali-L™
oog

Unread post by SouthernKali-L™ » August 10th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Khmer fam.....weight ain't got sh*t to do with it 50% of the time , it's heart and mind :lol: and you didn't wanna meet old English you think ima fly all the way out there and not air you and any Asian I see out :lmao: better think again witco gay a$$ probably saved them pics showing them to your friends again :wtf: :321: :smh:

SouthernKali-L™
oog

Unread post by SouthernKali-L™ » August 10th, 2018, 3:43 pm

still waiting on you since 2015 to post a video of you in your hood and around niggas :lol: or by yourself...

K Dogg
prince

Unread post by K Dogg » August 10th, 2018, 3:43 pm

The Azian is bacc cuhz

K Dogg
prince

Unread post by K Dogg » August 10th, 2018, 3:49 pm

If you ain’t clapped them niggaz who told you they was finna f*ck yo mom in yo face why you go clap me a nigga on the internet. U ain’t clapping sh*t. Them niggaz herbed you. Nigga u pull yo strap on me you liable to get done like bankroll nigga
The Azian is bacc cuhz

K Dogg
prince

Unread post by K Dogg » August 10th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Why you wanna clap the kid tho?

The Azian is bacc cuhz

KOM
og
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: $

Unread post by KOM » August 11th, 2018, 10:38 am

5star-Barnone wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 8:20 pm
SolidT15th wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 3:52 pm
You Mighty or Stone?
Neither. Im a 5 ridin Neighborhood 20 Blood. Connected to the 7 but alot of my fam are 64.
:whaat: :dafuq: :lmao:

.X.
major

Unread post by .X. » August 11th, 2018, 11:07 am

I claim any knowledgable man or woman at the age of 30+ a OG. It's not status to me just G' respect from how I understand it because like with 000's there's status like 5 star, but anybody can be a star G' from YG to OOOG if they put in work in a major way like that.

BluntedUp
ooog

Unread post by BluntedUp » August 11th, 2018, 11:15 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 2:22 pm
SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 11:46 am
Yup it b the private doctors that ppl b running to to get their scripts.They eventually get raided after awhile cuz dumb niggas hear about it n send ppl who really don't need them n they end up making sh*t hot
Yea them damn pill mills. Know a chick who woukd have to go all the way out to queens to get whatever she needed. SI to queens aint a quick lil drive lol.

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 11th, 2018, 2:38 pm

KOM wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 10:38 am
5star-Barnone wrote:
SolidT15th wrote:
You Mighty or Stone?
Neither. Im a 5 ridin Neighborhood 20 Blood. Connected to the 7 but alot of my fam are 64.

Talk crazy damus AND lords pull up to discipline. Bow down to that 5 : rejoice:

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 11th, 2018, 2:41 pm

.X. wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 11:07 am
I claim any knowledgable man or woman at the age of 30+ a OG. It's not status to me just G' respect from how I understand it because like with 000's there's status like 5 star, but anybody can be a star G' from YG to OOOG if they put in work in a major way like that.

Thats why we never got into rank structure and kept it by generation. It becomes an ego thing. A YG could be in his 30s but dont trip on being a YG because the OGs are the OGs, the originals.

YayArea
underboss
Affiliation: Northern Cali

Unread post by YayArea » August 11th, 2018, 2:42 pm

SolidT15th wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 9:13 am

KOM
og
Affiliation: $

Unread post by KOM » August 11th, 2018, 2:47 pm

5star-Barnone wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 2:38 pm
KOM wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 10:38 am
5star-Barnone wrote:
SolidT15th wrote:
You Mighty or Stone?

Talk crazy damus AND lords pull up to discipline. Bow down to that 5 : rejoice:
:nplease: :foh:

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 11th, 2018, 3:03 pm

Stick a rake in it lil half a brick :lol:

5x

SouthernKali-L™
oog

Unread post by SouthernKali-L™ » August 11th, 2018, 7:46 pm

:stoned: L'ss up , ABK upside down 5 sh*t :shoot: bg Ronald never meant for his sh*t to spread from watts and s.c :lmao:

my makon loc muzik :dance: :stoned:

damn :ohlawd: gangsta dre got killed by a gangsta disciple n pookie locc by a "fake 5-15" Atlanta zone6 blood with no real damu connections and lit :wtf2: :wtf: :smh: :facepalm:

5star-Barnone
associate

Unread post by 5star-Barnone » August 11th, 2018, 8:47 pm

:lol: this kali guy straight out a comic book.

Big 5 big B's b*tch

SouthernKali-L™
oog

Unread post by SouthernKali-L™ » August 11th, 2018, 9:34 pm

:stoned: u-B-n the fukk upk :shoot: real slime sh*t not kali sh*t :stoned:

SolidT15th
underboss

Unread post by SolidT15th » August 11th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Bruh any of y’all know what SLIME actually supposed to mean or stand for ??? It’s supposed to be some SMM lingo or it’s str8 UBN across the board that use the term ???

Quiet-Q
godfather
Affiliation: Avoiding nonsense

Unread post by Quiet-Q » August 12th, 2018, 7:20 pm

CRIME
Death of a gangster: Trial offers glimpse of life and death on crime-shaken streets

BY JOE KOVAC JR.
[email protected]
August 12, 2018 12:00 AM
MACON, GA

Early on a gray April afternoon last year, a 40-year-old man named Calvin “Cut” Stapleton darted from behind a trash dumpster and shot rival gang leader Andre “Gangster Dre” Taylor in the back of the head.

Taylor, who died the next day, had been a top dog in the 500-strong Westside Gangster Crips, authorities said.

According to cops who knew him, Taylor, at age 39, was so at home — you might even say revered — on his turf below Montpelier Avenue near the old Colonial bakery, that he was rarely known to carry a gun. Others close to him, who had guns, had his back.

Then again, guns and convicted felons do not mix. Get caught with a pistol and back to jail you go. Since 1994 when Taylor was in his mid-teens, he had been arrested 16 times in Bibb County for a variety of reasons, alleged drug dealing especially. He spent four years in state prison in the early 2000s for aggravated assault and cocaine trafficking.

A retired Macon gang cop and former expert on the city’s vice scene, Carl Fletcher, who came to know Taylor in the middle 1990s, described Taylor’s crew as a “dope-selling enterprise.”

“He thought he could get away with everything,” Fletcher told The Telegraph recently, “that the law couldn’t touch him. But we touched him several times. … He loved the fact that he was the man. He liked his notoriety.”

Andre Jamar Taylor
Taylor and his associates defended territory in parts of Unionville to the west of Pio Nono Avenue. They were watchful of rivals passing through along Montpelier, where Taylor and a few fellow Crips were hanging out at M&M Grocery the day Taylor was killed.

Montpelier runs westerly across central Macon from the northern tip of Mercer University’s campus. The street loosely serves as a line of demarcation. Mafia gangsters keep mostly to the north toward Napier Avenue, while Crips hang to the south.

Keeping an eye out for trouble there makes sense. The place where Taylor was killed, the corner of Pansy and Montpelier avenues, is a hotbed for violent crime.

In the past four and a half years, 25 homicides have happened within a 1.2-mile radius of that spot. Though not all of them have been gang-related, the killings account for roughly a fifth of the county’s slayings since January 2014.

The gang mix around Unionville also includes some of Stapleton’s boys, the Gangster Disciples — a 300-or-so-member Folk crowd, who have also taken root in other parts of town.

Members of Macon gangs, in their day to day travels, do not necessarily stick to strict geographical bounds. Stapleton was staying at his mother’s place on Bailey Avenue, just north of Montpelier and a few blocks west of the M&M. He once lived on Lowe Street toward the bottom end of Unionville. His place there was raided in 2002 during a cocaine bust. Cops found $2,555 cash and about three times that much worth of crack.

On April 2, 2017, the night before he shot and killed Taylor, Stapleton visited a dive on Blossom Avenue in the heart of Unionville’s north side. Taylor, who had known Stapleton since they were teens, was also there.

At Stapleton’s murder trial last week, where he was convicted of murder and sentenced to life without parole, varying accounts emerged about what happened at that neighborhood bootleg house.

Stapleton took the stand and said Taylor and his crew got mad and beat Stapleton with a stick, possibly part of a tree branch, when Stapleton tried to buy a beer and was 50 cents short. Word on the street, however, was that the fuss was over an insult aimed at Stapleton’s girlfriend.

Whatever the reason, Stapleton went to the hospital for a broken arm.

By noon the next day, investigators would later learn, Stapleton was set on revenge, on the prowl, hunting Taylor.

Taylor saw Stapleton first.

It was a little past noon on April 3.

Taylor had gone to M&M Grocery and was drinking coffee. He and some of his guys caught wind that Stapleton was coming for Taylor.

Taylor spotted the Stapleton plodding up Montpelier past the old bakery. Stapleton was also known on the street as “Turtle,” a nickname that may refer to his slouched posture and sad-eyed, sleepy face.

The corner of Montpelier and Pansy avenues in Macon’s Unionville neighborhood where Calvin Stapleton shot and killed Andre Taylor in April 2017.
Joe Kovac Jr. [email protected]
Surveillance footage from the M&M that was played for jurors showed Taylor hustle out toward Stapleton to shoo him off. Taylor apparently didn’t know whether Stapleton was armed.

For the next few minutes, the two jostled across the M&M parking lot, a slow dance of adversaries, shuffling past the gas pumps toward the corner where Pansy Avenue intersects Montpelier. No weapons could be seen. (One of Taylor’s fellow Crips testified at Stapleton’s trial and said Taylor “always tried to keep it peaceful.”)

The two men then disappeared behind a trash dumpster at the corner of the lot. Soon a silver Honda Civic wheeled up, and Taylor walked over to greet it, turning his back on Stapleton who was still by the dumpster.

Before long, Taylor walked back toward Stapleton and then returned to the car, leaning in the passenger’s window.

Stapleton pounced.

Gun drawn, he slipped up behind Taylor, whose back was still turned, and shot him in the back of the head with a 9mm pistol.

Taylor, mortally wounded with $1,800 cash in his pockets, collapsed at the edge of Pansy.

Stapleton dashed away across Montpelier. He turned himself in that night.

On the witness stand in court on Wednesday, Stapleton testified that Taylor had threatened him, that “I feared for my life,” and that Taylor had told someone in the Honda that day to run over Stapleton if Stapleton tried to leave.

Stapleton has run afoul of the law for much of his life. His troubled ties to the neighborhood date back to the early 1980s.

In 1983, his late father, James, was caught selling marijuana to an undercover cop on Pansy Avenue.

Stapleton himself has been jailed here 23 times since 1995.

After his 2002 arrest for dealing crack, he was convicted of armed robbery and sent to prison until 2011.

Stapleton was married briefly in 2015. His ex-wife wrote in a divorce filing that he walked out after three months, that his “lies, deceit, pain, threats (and) death threats” were too much to bear.

Calvin Stapleton at his murder trial on Wednesday.
Jason Vorhees [email protected]
Stapleton’s stepdad was in court as a spectator the first day of his trial. When asked by a reporter why his stepson, Stapleton, had gone astray, why Stapleton had clung to gang life, the stepfather replied, “I don’t know that culture.”

To some degree, Stapleton and the man he murdered, Taylor, were outliers in the local gang scene. They were on the cusp of middle age with seemingly few prospects.

“Some outgrow it in their 30s and 40s,” Fletcher, the retired gang cop, said. “At some point they realize they haven’t gotten anything out of the past 15 years of their lives. They realize it’s time to get out, that ‘I’ve got no job, no savings, no house.’ But what kind of job can they get?”

Taylor did, however, have a successful son, Quintez Cephus, a standout athlete at Stratford Academy who earned a football scholarship to the University of Wisconsin where he was turning heads as a wide receiver.

In an interview a few months after his father’s death, Cephus told the Wisconsin State Journal newspaper that he recalled “a lot of bad situations” when he was growing up. Cephus said his earliest memories of his dad were from visiting him in prison.

“But when he came home, (my siblings and I) spent a lot of time with him,” Cephus told the newspaper. “We were with him almost every day. He was a person who loved to be with his kids.”

Cephus described Taylor as “powerful,” someone who “taught me the way to live.”

In Macon, he said, “it’s life on the edges.”

“My father always had the mirrors in his car adjusted so he could see behind him, see everywhere around him,” Cephus went on, “because he always knew if somebody had a chance, somebody would do what they did to him. He always told me he could be here today and gone tomorrow.”

Taylor’s prison stint had stemmed from his involvement in a drug-trafficking ring, which was busted in a Drug Enforcement Administration-led sting in August 2001. More than 10 people were arrested. Cops said the group controlled as much as half the crack and powder cocaine that flowed into a large swath of central Macon.

The late Charles Dudley, a Macon city councilman at the time, told The Telegraph, naively perhaps, that the bust was “tremendous … progress” toward cleaning up the streets.

In the moments before Stapleton was sentenced on Wednesday, he spoke briefly on his own behalf.

Calvin Stapleton during a break in his murder trial last week in Bibb County Superior Court.
Joe Kovac Jr. [email protected]
Prosecutor John Regan had just argued that Stapleton deserved to be sent away forever for his “cold-blooded execution” of Taylor.

Stapleton, both hands jammed in his pockets, turned and glanced at some of Taylor’s relatives seated behind him in court.

“First of all, I apologize to the family. … As far as for the charge,” he said, turning back to the judge, “I did feel in danger, sir.”

Life without parole, Stapleton said, was “too harsh.”

Judge Bryant Culpepper said, no, that “the brutality” of Taylor’s death merited such punishment.

“I could sit here and talk all day long about gangs and about the destruction of gangs … how it’s killed not only people, but killed this community in so many different ways,” Culpepper said.

“There’s no easy answer to try to fix all this. All I can do is say to those who would follow after you to look at you as an example of what can happen to somebody. … I’m sorry for you. I’m sorry for your family.”

The judge wasn’t done. He offered a solution, admittedly a remedy too late for Stapleton and Taylor, but advice nonetheless to others — should they choose to heed it.

“You did this,” the judge went on, “you chose to handle this in a horrible way. That guy grew up with you. You knew him. Y’all could have been friends. Y’all could have turned this thing around. You could have gone back to your crowd and said, ‘Look, we’re tired of all this mess. Let’s get along with each other.’ He could have done the same thing. He’s no angel. … But nobody deserves to die like he did.”

‘She was just scared to wake up to see a Hyundai hanging in her window,’ trooper says
Macon burglary suspect was bearded in surveillance video. Shaving didn’t help him hide
Attachments
Screenshot_20180812-191513.png
Screenshot_20180812-191513.png (85.39 KiB) Viewed 122 times