Bmore: 13 shot,5 killed in weekend shootings (76 homicides)

Quiet-Q
godfather
Region: North East
Affiliation: Avoiding nonsense

Bmore: 13 shot,5 killed in weekend shootings (76 homicides)

Unread post by Quiet-Q » April 16th, 2018, 10:27 am

13 shot, 5 dead from shootings in three day period in Baltimore
by Micarie Kemp

BALTIMORE, Md (WBFF) — As temperatures rise, so does the violence in the city.

According to police, 13 people were shot throughout Baltimore City, leaving five dead, from Friday through Sunday afternoon.

Officials responded just before 11:30 to a double fatal shooting Saturday night in the area of West Mulberry near West Franklin Street.

On scene, police found a 65-year-old woman and a 22-year-old man both suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.

Both victims were pronounced dead at the hospital.

Almost ten minutes later, police in southeast Baltimore responded to the area of Noble Street and Highland Ave for a report of a shooting.

At that location, police found a 37-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the arm.

He is listed in stable condition. Police believe the victim was shot while attempting to run away from a robber.

Baltimore Police also say that a man has died after a shooting on Normandy Avenue, on Sunday.

Detectives responded at 1:45 p.m. on the 500 block where they found a 25-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds to the head and upper body.

Medics transported the victim to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Homicide detectives are asking anyone with information to call them at 410-396-2100, Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP or text a tip to 443-902-4824.

Nine people were shot, two were killed, including an 18-year-old woman in Baltimore City on Friday, bringing the weekend total of shooting victims to 13 by Sunday afternoon.

Quiet-Q
godfather

Unread post by Quiet-Q » April 16th, 2018, 10:28 am

CBS Baltimore

3 Homicides In Less Than 24 Hours In Baltimore Neighborhood

Author: Devin Bartolotta
April 15, 2018

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Three killings in just 15 hours. One Baltimore neighborhood is anxious Sunday night after two shootings just blocks apart claimed three lives this weekend.

Baltimore police have not released much information, but neighbors fear these three events could be related.

A bloody weekend in Allendale, where the shock of three lives taken by gun violence has neighbors hesitant to go on camera.

“Two days of heat, and you had three murders within less than 24 hours. And that’s just in April,” one neighbor said.

Bullets started flying on Mulberry Street at 11:30 p.m. Saturday, killing a 22-year-old man and a 65-year-old grandmother sitting on her porch.

Then, just before 2 p.m. Sunday, a 25-year-old man was shot in the head just two blocks away on Normandy Ave.

Baltimore homicide numbers 74, 75, and 76, all tallied in the same neighborhood on the same weekend.

“It’s like every other day I’m hearing gunshots. Every other day,” said Tasha Jerkins.

Neighbors like Jerkins are fed up with the violence, asking for more police on the streets to put a lid on out-of-control violence.

“I could have been sending my son to get a loaf of bread, because I live two, not even a half a block away from where this is happening,” she said.

Her cry for help echoed by others whose Saturday evenings were marked by gunfire.

A neighborhood on edge as police investigate three homicides.

Police haven’t released the names of the three victims, and haven’t reported having anyone in custody.

RELATED: Police Investigate Double Fatal Shooting In Southwest Baltimore

Police are asking anyone with information about these homicides to call them at (410) 396-2100, Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7lockup or text a tip 443-902-4824.

Ace.202.
soldier
Affiliation: Neutral

Unread post by Ace.202. » April 16th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Bmore the Only city who got worst from the 90s you ever peeped that Q. New York DC philly LA New Orleans all got significantly better in the 2000s while bmore got worst shit is crazy slim.

Quiet-Q
godfather

Unread post by Quiet-Q » April 16th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Nah i never looked at it like that...sht was wild some years in the 2000s but I wouldn't put it on 90s level(but then again I was still in ny in the 90s)..but the last few years since Freddy gray riot sht been beyond wild now

Quiet-Q
godfather

Unread post by Quiet-Q » April 16th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Man and woman killed in East Baltimore shooting

Christina TkacikContact Reporter
The Baltimore Sun

Two people were shot dead in East Baltimore on Monday afternoon, according to Baltimore Police.

Police spokesman T.J. Smith arrived to the scene shortly after it occurred at 4 p.m. Homicide detectives had blocked off the area.

The shooting took place in a house across the street from a vacant and boarded up day care center in the 1700 block of E. Federal St. The majority of the homes on the surrounding few blocks were also vacant.

The victims, a man and a woman, were taken to an area hospital where they died from their wounds, police said.

A block away from the shooting, Will Richards walked slowly up the block holding a microphone in one hand and his smartphone in the other. Richards, a grassroots journalist who grew up nearby, said violence has grown worse in recent years.

“We always had people selling drugs and shootings, but nothing like the shootings what’s going on right now,” he said. “It used to be a code of honor on the street where you don’t shoot women, children or old people.”

Neighbor Wanda Law said she had heard the shots from her house and had stayed inside. “I’m not coming out when I hear shots,” she said.

Law said she was angry that police weren’t able to prevent such brazen acts of violence. “How somebody get killed in broad daylight?” she said.

Homicide detectives are investigating this incident. Police ask that anyone with information call 410-396-2100 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 866-7Lockup. You can also text tips to 443-902-4824.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180416-193853.png
Screenshot_20180416-193853.png (228.23 KiB) Viewed 41 times