401k's/IRA's

murksiderock
boss
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: North Sacramento to VAxNC...

401k's/IRA's

Unread post by murksiderock » April 8th, 2018, 10:29 am

I opened my first 401k two weeks ago. Has anybody ever flipped that into an IRA account or does anybody have any advice on using 401k or IRA?

HarlemWorldATL
ooog
Region: North East
Affiliation: I get money with my Crip niggas n bitches

Unread post by HarlemWorldATL » April 16th, 2018, 6:06 pm

The more u put in the more u get out.that's basically all there is to it.

2wo-G
king
Region: South
Affiliation: Liberation

Unread post by 2wo-G » April 28th, 2018, 3:40 pm

It's not a whole lot of deepness to a 401k, I would just talk to whoever is in charge of it to get a little deeper info on the types of plans available. Usually there's a 'conservative' 'moderate' and 'higher risk' 401k plans of investment, the higher risk ones you have more to gain but also more to lose, but 401k is gonna be lasting you personally til retirement age so it's a lot of years to make a comeback if it goes down a bit.

Honestly if you're looking for retirement plans...idk if you or your girl has an established employment or trade but you should join a union. Plenty of unions are able to give you not only better wages and benefits but a pension plan. If any of yall are trying to work in a trade, service or city/government job then unions are the way to go. Black/brown folks especially women are the driving force of unions today and they're the only true way to give workers power against bosses that want to pay you as little as possible.

Pensions are dying in the US outside of unions and social security is getting cut more and more as conservatives get power and Democrats get focused on businesses over people so you gotta secure retirement somehow unless capitalism in America is ended sometime before we retire :lol:

2wo-G
king
Region: South
Affiliation: Liberation

Unread post by 2wo-G » April 28th, 2018, 3:41 pm

But yeah like ol boy said ^^ just be sure to put in the max amount you're comfortable with. Again it depends on if you're getting a steady paycheck or not to be able to dedicate X percentage to your 401k but you have to be consistent with putting in it.

HANDSOMEHUSTLER44
superior
Region: North East

Unread post by HANDSOMEHUSTLER44 » May 7th, 2018, 1:24 am

murksiderock wrote:
April 8th, 2018, 10:29 am
I opened my first 401k two weeks ago. Has anybody ever flipped that into an IRA account or does anybody have any advice on using 401k or IRA?
You can open up your own shit or it has to be thru your job/ employer?

murksiderock
boss
Affiliation: North Sacramento to VAxNC...

Unread post by murksiderock » May 7th, 2018, 1:06 pm

HANDSOMEHUSTLER44 wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 1:24 am
murksiderock wrote:
Most are through an employer. I'm liking it right now, it expands my money more. I turn 30 next year, the start of my Decade of Greatness. I'm basically using my 401k towards an investment portfolio, more or less. It's a smart look!

Bronx Nyuricans
oog
Affiliation: Viva Los Nyuricans
Location: In the subways with the rest of the carnales beating on son nem fa sneakaz

Unread post by Bronx Nyuricans » June 22nd, 2018, 5:54 pm

murksiderock wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 1:06 pm
HANDSOMEHUSTLER44 wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 1:24 am
murksiderock wrote:
Most are through an employer. I'm liking it right now, it expands my money more. I turn 30 next year, the start of my Decade of Greatness. I'm basically using my 401k towards an investment portfolio, more or less. It's a smart look!
go into debt of it for ya boi... I'm back on threads like this . so you using your 401k in bigger plans to expand your investments ?
/|\ gangst3rs Killa TALL Insanek die Kkrowns ][][]['s