Almighty GayLords 712!!! History and Documentary

Greasers712
boss

Almighty GayLords 712!!! History and Documentary

Post by Greasers712 » January 30th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Almighty Gaylords In Chicago, Illinois
Years active 1950s - Today
Territory Chicago
Ethnicity European-American, Native-American, Latin-American, Asian-American, other nationalities
Allies People Nation gangs
Rivals Folk Nation gangs

The Chicago Gaylords, also known as the Almighty Gaylords, is one of the oldest Chicago thehoodup. It originated in the neighborhood of Grand and Noble. The original president of the Gaylords selected the name after reading about the Gaylords in the public library (the Gaillards, later anglicized to Gaylord, were people from Normandy who lived near the Chateau Gaillard, constructed by Richard I). They are a part of the People Nation alliance.

The Chicago Gaylords began as one of the clubs started by veterans post-World War II. The majority of the original members were Italian, Irish, Greek, and Mexican American which reflected the population at the time, as the Grand and Ogden area was known as one of Chicago's "Little Italys." There were many such clubs in Chicago during the post WWII era. Many of these social clubs had their own clubhouses and baseball teams. The Gaylord's clubhouse was on the corner of Ohio and Noble Street. At the height of the Gaylords reign,they had more than 6000 members, and was one of the most powerful gangs in Chicago, controlling large areas of the city.

During their peak period in the 1970s, the Chicago Gaylords held sets (or sections) on the North Side, West side and the South Side of Chicago. The West side sections included Ohio and Noble, Ohio and Leclaire and Monticelllo and Augusta. Their South Side sections included Back of the Yards (around 55th & Ashland, Sherman Park), Marquette Park, Pilsen (18th & Western), and Bridgeport (Throop Street). Their North Side presence included Humboldt Park (Moffat & Campbell); Logan Square (Palmer & California, Lawndale & Altgeld); Irving Park (Albany & Byron); Kilbourn Park (Roscoe & Kilbourn); Kelvyn Park (Kilbourn & Wrightwood); Dunham Park (Montrose & Narragansett); Ravenswood (Seeley & Ainslie); and Uptown (Sunnyside & Magnolia, Lawrence & Broadway). During the 1960s through the early 1980s, the Chicago Gaylords experienced tremendous growth and expansion, with sections popping up all over Chicago.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Greasers712
boss

Re: Almighty GayLords 712!!! History and Documentary

Post by Greasers712 » January 30th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Brownsville Brooklyn Gaylords

Brownsville Gaylords a Black gang who lived on Herzl Street between Sutter and Pitkin avenues. John Mile's and his Brother were the club's leaders. They used to fight against the El Badoros a P.R. gang known for taking off their big belt buckles and smacking you in the head with them like a whip. Any help with the history of this club would be greatly appreciated.

A1G'z
superior

Post by A1G'z » January 30th, 2011, 7:26 pm

damn son dats sad sh*t...yall should cee gettin sum membas cacc doe wit all da gentrification goin on :2cents:

Greasers712
boss

Post by Greasers712 » January 30th, 2011, 11:19 pm

0N_HARL3MS wrote:damn son dats sad sh*t...yall should cee gettin sum membas cacc doe wit all da gentrification goin on :2cents:
Trust me... That Documentary was done in 07 and 2 books on the GayLords has also been released since..... Numbers have been increasing ever since the books release..... In recent years gang members have left they're origianl Nations to carry on the GL name.... The books LORDS of LAWNDALE and LORDS of KILBOURNE were both on New Yorks best sellers for some time which is surprising to me because the books are based outa Chicago...... They're is also a MOVIE in the making being based off the books so it'll be interesting to see where membership is at after thats released.....

Greasers712
boss

Post by Greasers712 » January 30th, 2011, 11:21 pm

And the recent gentrification that has been going on within the city of Chicago with many working-class Americans moving BACK to Chicago has also helped recruitment out :tiphat:

A1G'z
superior

Post by A1G'z » January 30th, 2011, 11:25 pm

:tiphat: to yall movement yall was holdin dwn ya community wat we all need too cee doin :2cents:

Greasers712
boss

Post by Greasers712 » January 30th, 2011, 11:36 pm

0N_HARL3MS wrote::tiphat: to yall movement yall was holdin dwn ya community wat we all need too cee doin :2cents:
Thank you....... I posted the GL history up because they were GayLords that held it down in the BRONX and also a group of Black GayLords who held it down held it down in Brooklyn...... I dont think neither group had ties to Chicago GayLords... Possibly the ones in the Bronx but I doubt it.... They have some history on the GayLords of NY at www.gaylords712.com along with the entire history of the Chicago GayLords.....

Greasers712
boss

Post by Greasers712 » February 3rd, 2011, 5:10 pm

American n PROUD!!! 712!!!

[youtube]
[/youtube]

hiighassniigga
underboss

Post by hiighassniigga » April 4th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Greasers712 wrote:
0N_HARL3MS wrote:damn son dats sad sh*t...yall should cee gettin sum membas cacc doe wit all da gentrification goin on :2cents:
Trust me... That Documentary was done in 07 and 2 books on the GayLords has also been released since..... Numbers have been increasing ever since the books release..... In recent years gang members have left they're origianl Nations to carry on the GL name.... The books LORDS of LAWNDALE and LORDS of KILBOURNE were both on New Yorks best sellers for some time which is surprising to me because the books are based outa Chicago...... They're is also a MOVIE in the making being based off the books so it'll be interesting to see where membership is at after thats released.....
:lol: aint no F*ck*n gaylord movie

outlawdiamondz
superior

Post by outlawdiamondz » April 4th, 2015, 6:02 pm

Gotta be the stupidest gang name ever

Fake Deleted
superior

Post by Fake Deleted » April 4th, 2015, 6:23 pm

outlawdiamondz wrote:Gotta be the stupidest gang name ever
Word :lol: Who trying to jack that gang with that kinda title in this time & era :whaat: Anything with gay in it is label for fags even if it's gay meaning happy that sh*t just gay :discust: Get this bullshit out of here :lmao:

Tha7thLetta
boss

Post by Tha7thLetta » April 5th, 2015, 4:00 am

Greasers712 wrote:American n PROUD!!! 712!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wcRdW8m-Rw[/youtube]
Shouldn't u be saying ur gay & proud

3nisko2
underboss

Post by 3nisko2 » April 5th, 2015, 6:42 am

I get that they have history and all.... But if i was a leader to this sh*t i would had change the name asap