Living up to your pops name in the hood

HarlemWorldATL
ooog
Region: North East
Affiliation: I get money with my Crip niggas n bitches

Living up to your pops name in the hood

Unread post by HarlemWorldATL » February 11th, 2018, 12:22 am

All my real hood dudes on here cept for chili knows that there are certain kids growing up who's fathers is "hood legends" in their own right.As niggas get older in their teens there are ppl in the hood who expect them to be like their pops or better.for example if yo pops killed 5 niggas in the hood, robbed banks, had the best coke, banged out with police, gave out turkeys every Thanksgiving n made it to a Fed's or Don diva magazine, everyone in that hood expects u to do the same if not more than him.

Then u know the ones who don't catch Hell.niggas will b quick to say "u a disgrace,u ain't shit like yo pops" or "yo pops was a real nigga, idk what happened to u".

How many of y'all witnessed this type of shit in the hood before?

king die
underboss
Region: West
Affiliation: ndm

Unread post by king die » February 11th, 2018, 9:37 am

MY POPS WAS A BAPTIST MINISTER NEVER A STREET BEAST SO I DON'T HAVE TO UPHOLD ANY VEIN TRADITIONS

360 Degrees
corporal
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Neutral

Unread post by 360 Degrees » February 11th, 2018, 12:29 pm

I think trying to recreate what your father did is a setup for failure in most cases.The game changed a ton since niggas fathers was in the game. Wasnt cameras and snitches everywhere...shit was wide open back in the gap. Now its mostly sowed up and the chance of being able to down a nigga and getting away with it or having a long run with an illegal hustle is super low. Some niggas feel obligated to do what they father did because its all they know or they feel thats whats expected from them...smartest shit for them to do is go learn some shit at school or get a trade. Then come back to hood and get some investors and pump up some big time legal shit....all the big timers gonna put money behind you bc your name is good and you come from a good stock. Thats my advice....

HarlemWorldATL
ooog

Unread post by HarlemWorldATL » February 11th, 2018, 1:36 pm

360 Degrees wrote:
February 11th, 2018, 12:29 pm
I think trying to recreate what your father did is a setup for failure in most cases.The game changed a ton since n*ggas fathers was in the game. Wasnt cameras and snitches everywhere...sh*t was wide open back in the gap. Now its mostly sowed up and the chance of being able to down a n*gga and getting away with it or having a long run with an illegal hustle is super low. Some n*ggas feel obligated to do what they father did because its all they know or they feel thats whats expected from them...smartest sh*t for them to do is go learn some sh*t at school or get a trade. Then come back to hood and get some investors and pump up some big time legal sh*t....all the big timers gonna put money behind you bc your name is good and you come from a good stock. Thats my advice....

I deff feel u on that but u know it's dudes who try to go the right route but u got other idiots in the hood that try to persuade or make them feel like they gotta do what they pops did or they a bitch.niggas could b going to school n working n it's a Dick head that will say "he some 9-5 square nigga he ain't no real nigga like his pops was at his age".it's like the hood will constantly remind you that u must b like your pops

Them same ppl will try to test your gangsta as well just to c if you gonna bust heads n bust ya guns like ya pops.sometimes however niggas try to use their pops rep to avoid beef and to scare others.those usually b the ones that can't fight or stand on their own two feet

I knew of one kid in the stuy I think he from Tompkins or Marcy(two pjs cross the street from each other).couple of years ago he caught a charge n snitched.niggas had his paperwork in the hood n was like he ain't nothing like his pops, his pops was a real nigga n he just disgraced his dad's name by snitching".shit b going left when u try to live up to your pops name n u fail.niggas will let u have it

Shit I can imagine Michael Jordan's son when he tried to play basketball.that nigga stopped cuz he knew he wasn't that good n he would never stop being compared to MJ

HarlemWorldATL
ooog

Unread post by HarlemWorldATL » February 11th, 2018, 1:40 pm

One of my lil cuzins was tryna emulate his pops rep in the streets n he almost lost his life getting poked up in the feds.he's paralyzed now but starting to move a lil bit n is going to rehab.think he like 24 .but yea shit b going left when the hood expects u to b like ya pops.n if u don't n u go another route that isn't "real" to these clown niggas in the hood then they gonna cut ass n try to fuck with u cuz they feel they have nothing to fear

King♚Kutthroat
prince
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: That Pressure

Unread post by King♚Kutthroat » February 11th, 2018, 2:05 pm

. Every nigga got to make their own spot at the table, even if if the realest niggas vouch for em

Aint no passes for nobody :2cents: