Muslims More Likely Than Americans Overall To See Discrimination Against Black People

The Chosen One
ooog

Muslims More Likely Than Americans Overall To See Discrimination Against Black People

Post by The Chosen One » September 20th, 2017, 7:50 pm

f*ck OUT OF HERE :foh: .. MUSLIM IS A RELIGION WHILE BEING BLACK WE HAVE NO CONTROL OF.. AND BACK TO THE TOPIC WE ARE STILL WAY MORE DISCRIMINATED THAN MUSLIMS

Students at New York University participate in a rally for immigrants who study, live, and work at New York University to make their campus a #SanctuaryCampus as part of the movement to establish public spaces of resistance and protection for our country's most vulnerable people - including undocumented immigrants, Muslims, Black people, Queer people, and all people of color. (Pacific Press via Getty Images)
More
Muslims are more likely than Americans overall to acknowledge the discrimination that black Americans face in the country, a Pew Research Center study suggests.

Most American Muslims (67 percent) said the country needs to continue making changes to give blacks equal rights, Pew reports. Overall, 57 percent of Americans in general said the same.

In addition, Muslims were more likely to say that there is a lot of discrimination in the U.S. today against black people (71 percent). Fifty-nine percent of the general public agreed.

These attitudes toward discrimination and racial justice could be linked to the demographic makeup of the American Muslim community. Pew’s research, pulled from a broader study on American Muslim life conducted earlier this year, found that a significant portion of the community identifies as black alone (20 percent). In contrast, only about 12 percent of the general U.S. population identifies as black alone.

Many black Muslim families have been in the country for decades ― more than half of Muslims whose families have been in America for at least three generations are black (51 percent).

A group of women pray at the end of a public mixed-gender Muslim prayer service that was held in New York City, March 18, 2005. (Reuters Photographer / Reuters)
More
The researchers also looked at how the results would change if the responses of individuals who identify solely as black are excluded. Even with this lens, Muslims were more likely than the general public to say more changes were needed for black people to have equal rights with whites (66 percent vs. 53 percent) and to say there is a lot of discrimination against blacks (66 percent vs 56 percent).

Margari Hill is the co-founder and co-director of the Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative, an organization that focuses on addressing institutional and intra-Muslim racism. Hill told HuffPost that the results of the study seem “promising.”

“We’ve seen a shift over the past few years, such as increased support for the Movement for Black Lives, and more nuanced analysis of social issues on social media and beyond,” she told HuffPost in an email.

As part of a study that MuslimARC published in 2015, more than 80 percent of respondents self-reported that they experienced racial, ethnic, or religious discrimination from society at-large. For Hill, that signals that they are more likely to believe reports of racial inequity among black Americans.

American mosques also tend to be more racially integrated than churches or other worship communities, which means non-black Muslims have more opportunities to interact with African American Muslims, Hill said.

In addition, she said many Muslims born in the United States have drawn from the legacy of Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, and Jamil El Amin who are celebrated for their courage in critiquing white supremacy.

However, Muslims’ views on how the future will be for black Americans searching for equal rights tend to be more pessimistic than the general public. Pew asked the Muslims who believed the country needs to continue making changes toward equal rights whether they think America will eventually make those changes. About 57 percent of Muslims believed that the needed change would come one day, while 69 percent of the general public said the same.

Hill believes it’s vital for American Muslims to think about how racism will be addressed in the future.

“While I am encouraged that they are aware of discrimination, I’m more interested in how our community envisions its role in addressing discrimination and systemic oppression,” she said.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

BluntedUp
ooog

Re: Muslims More Likely Than Americans Overall To See Discrimination Against Black People

Post by BluntedUp » September 20th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Yea in alot of cases its still hard bein black but we also do sh*t that keep us f*cked up. These immigrant groups be on they ps and qs and dont gotta deal with alot of the bullshit like police/education system/street sh*t/etc yet they still gotta worry about being targeted. On the news out here its not abnormal to here a muslim get attacked and honestly its usually spanish and black kids doin it. Jewish spots get attacked alot out here too. U dont hear racial sh*t happening to blacks unles its police related.

On top of that ive had white people come to me kn some racial sh*t bout mexicans and muslims sh*t was weird. And my last point them groups dont have a voice like jews and blacks do. Say somethin bout a black or a jew and u not a cop u f*cked lol. Trump won on keeping out mexicans and muslims but notice he tip toe around black issues.

They got they issues and us ours. Fundementally it stem from not being white but its blacks and spanish heads who attack muslims/mexicans too. This from my standpoint bein in ny. Cant speak on the rest of the natiom

BluntedUp
ooog

Re: Muslims More Likely Than Americans Overall To See Discrimination Against Black People

Post by BluntedUp » September 20th, 2017, 8:16 pm

While i certainly think they got white peoples attention more and its easier to hide your hate when it comes to mexicans(immigrants) and muslims (religion) for a core amount of people blacks and sometimes jews will always be the most hated. Mexicans and muslims just so happen to be groups with voices not as loud has jpthe adl and naacp. Once whites realise they cant do nothin to stop mexicans or muslims theyll either go back tk us or find a new boogeyman.

The Chosen One
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » September 20th, 2017, 9:53 pm

BluntedUp wrote:
September 20th, 2017, 8:16 pm
While i certainly think they got white peoples attention more and its easier to hide your hate when it comes to mexicans(immigrants) and muslims (religion) for a core amount of people blacks and sometimes jews will always be the most hated. Mexicans and muslims just so happen to be groups with voices not as loud has jpthe adl and naacp. Once whites realise they cant do nothin to stop mexicans or muslims theyll either go back tk us or find a new boogeyman.

HOW MUSLIMS GOT WHITES ATTENTION MORE THAN BLACKS DO? I NEED SOME SOURCES. MUSLIMS IN THE MIDDLE EAST IS BLOWING sh*t UP AND TAKING INNOCENT PEOPLE OUT, WHILE BLACKS OUT HERE IS KILLING EACH OTHER AND MINDING OUR OWN BUSINESS AND THEY STILL HARASSING US AND CALLING US THE SCUM OF THE EARTH

PLUS US BLACKS GO IN THEM MUSLIMS COUNTRIES WE GONNA BE MISTREATED BY THEY ASSES TOO. THEY STILL HAVE BLACK SLAVES IN THEM COUNTRIES.
THEM CURSES!! :ohlawd: :ohlawd:

superior

Post by 123 » September 21st, 2017, 12:20 am

BluntedUp wrote:
September 20th, 2017, 8:16 pm
:2cents:

true we don't have a voice but, culturally they see Mexicans as more formidable opponents. Thats why they talk about 'losing their culture and taking back their country.' :cmon: They can mold and control blacks and jews. They cannot control Mexicans or even muslims. They have everybody so brainwashed, that u don't even consider Mexicans as Americans--and yet our blood is mostly Native American. The 1 thing they can't ever do is give Mexicans/Natives a 'place at the table' because if they do they would be forced to confront their ghosts: that this is Native land and the USA was built on evil--which goes against white supremacy. So, it's easier to take away our voice.

HarlemWorldATL
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » September 21st, 2017, 1:30 am

Chili didn't read the article.n chili never heard of 9/11

The Chosen One
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » September 21st, 2017, 1:36 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 1:30 am
:facepalm: 9/11 was a inside job n*gga

HarlemWorldATL
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » September 21st, 2017, 1:38 am

The Chosen One wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 1:36 am
HarlemWorldATL wrote:
:facepalm: here we go with this sh*t

The Chosen One
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » September 21st, 2017, 1:46 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 1:38 am
The Chosen One wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 1:36 am
HarlemWorldATL wrote:
:facepalm: here we go with this sh*t

:respek: :respek:

HarlemWorldATL
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » September 21st, 2017, 2:03 am

😂😂😂 I bet u also believe that tupac is alive n living in Cuba right?

Goddamn conspiracy theorists.hate y'all.n here u go posting videos but can't speak in your own words why u believe in the things u do

Just like u posted videos saying herbs n spices can cure all diseases but couldn't name not one person u know who got cured from their diseases with these herbs and spices

Like I said 9/11 made Arabs, Indians, Islamic ppl a target in the N.Y.streets hours after it took place n till this day.although sh*t calmed down since then they have forever been typecast with terrorism n the events of 9/11

The Chosen One
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » September 21st, 2017, 2:19 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 2:03 am
😂😂😂 I bet u also believe that tupac is alive n living in Cuba right?

Goddamn conspiracy theorists.hate y'all.n here u go posting videos but can't speak in your own words why u believe in the things u do

Just like u posted videos saying herbs n spices can cure all diseases but couldn't name not one person u know who got cured from their diseases with these herbs and spices

Like I said 9/11 made Arabs, Indians, Islamic ppl a target in the N.Y.streets hours after it took place n till this day.although sh*t calmed down since then they have forever been typecast with terrorism n the events of 9/11
this is why i say u n*ggas is dry bones!! yall believe everything yall see on TV and all this bullshit a$$ american history being pushed and brainwashed on our people from the Jews who is controlling the narrative of the media and u n*ggas eat it up..

Arabs, indians was a target in NY streets for a couple weeks, then it was back to the blacks Eric Garner said that :redmike: :foh:

HarlemWorldATL
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » September 21st, 2017, 2:23 am

And u believe everything that you watch on YouTube about conspiracy theories and sh*t that don't make sense

U prolly one of them Facebook investigators making up all kinds of wild theories bout that Chicago girl that died in the freezer

U prolly got conspiracy theories as to y an orange is called an orange 😂😂😂 and YOU STILL CAN'T PROVE that any of these conspiracy theories that you believe in are 100% facts

The Chosen One
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » September 21st, 2017, 2:48 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 2:23 am
And u believe everything that you watch on YouTube about conspiracy theories and sh*t that don't make sense

U prolly one of them Facebook investigators making up all kinds of wild theories bout that Chicago girl that died in the freezer

U prolly got conspiracy theories as to y an orange is called an orange 😂😂😂 and YOU STILL CAN'T PROVE that any of these conspiracy theories that you believe in are 100% facts
NO n*gga IM NOT ONE OF THEM CONSPIRACY THEORIST.. NOW U TALKIN sh*t BOUT THEM BUT UR ALWAYS PUSHING AND COSIGNING THE BLACK GAY AGENDA.. I COSIGN THAT TOO CUZ I GO BY FACTS!!

HAARP IS FACTS AND THEM JEWS CONTROLING THE MEDIA AND BRAINWASHING n*ggas LIKE YOU IS ALSO FACTS :yeahright:

OH THAT CHICAGO GIRL IN THE FREEZER U MEAN THE SAME THREAD THAT YOU WAS POSTING IN

HarlemWorldATL
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » September 21st, 2017, 3:09 am

I don't co sign the black gay agenda, but being in the industry that I'm in,I know that what I speak on is FACTS.all u can do is show videos and that's it :lmao:

N yea I commented on the Chicago girl thread, proving the conspiracy theories WRONG :yeyes:

SuperSweet
superior

Post by SuperSweet » September 21st, 2017, 4:25 am

:naswin: I make sure I discriminate against black people at least once a day.

The Chosen One
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » September 21st, 2017, 5:51 am

SuperSweet wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 4:25 am
:naswin: I make sure I discriminate against black people at least once a day.

:rosssip: AND ANOTHER THING STORMFRONT IS TALKING sh*t BOUT BLACKS NOT MUSLIMS

The Chosen One
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » September 21st, 2017, 6:02 am

YO OHNO LIKE I SAID I DEAL WITH FACTS

:tea:

HarlemWorldATL
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » September 21st, 2017, 6:41 am

U think it's facts but can u give facts from your own experiences? Can you prove that 9/11 was a inside job from ppl in your own circle or ppl that you personally know of and dealt with? Has ppl shown u paperwork or blueprints and real proof of 9/11 being an inside job? Have you seen with your own eyes herbs n spices curing ppl of diseases such as aids, cancer, sickle cell? Or do u pretty much base your "facts" on YouTube videos, and hearsay?

I say the latter because u yourself have no tangible facts, proof or real life experiences to back up these conspiracy theories that you believe in

The Chosen One
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » September 21st, 2017, 7:18 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 6:41 am
U think it's facts but can u give facts from your own experiences? Can you prove that 9/11 was a inside job from ppl in your own circle or ppl that you personally know of and dealt with? Has ppl shown u paperwork or blueprints and real proof of 9/11 being an inside job? Have you seen with your own eyes herbs n spices curing ppl of diseases such as aids, cancer, sickle cell? Or do u pretty much base your "facts" on YouTube videos, and hearsay?

I say the latter because u yourself have no tangible facts, proof or real life experiences to back up these conspiracy theories that you believe in
:rosssip: OHNO I DONT SEE UR POINT.. YO DUSTY a$$ n*ggas DONT HAVE PROOF THAT 9/11 WAS OR WASNT AN INSIDE JOB.

YOU STILL ON THE HERBS AND SPICES sh*t.. I GAVE U MANY DOCUMENTS. U CAN BELIEVE THE sh*t OR DONT.. IF U ARE SUFFERING FROM PAIN OR HAD A HEADACHE WILL SMOKING WEED WHICH IS A HERB TAKE SOME OF THAT PAIN AWAY? IF UR SUFFERING FROM ANXIETY WILL SMOKING WEED WHICH IS A HERB RELAX YOU?

DONT MAKE ME sh*t ON YOU AGAIN

AND YES I KNOW A GANG OF PEOPLE WHO SUFFER FROM THINGS AND USING CERTAIN TYPES OF HERBS HELPED CURE THEM..ITS SIMPLE SCIENCE.. GO INTO ANY HEAL FOOD STORE THATS OWNED BY WHITES, ARABS OR BLACKS AND ASK THEM... IN ORDER FOR UR BODY TO RUN IN TIP TOP SHAPE U SUPPOSE TO BE EATTING HEALTHY THINGS AND HERBS IN ORDER TO PREVENT CANCERS AND DIABIETES AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURES FROM EVEN OCCURRING.. WHEN U BUY THEM OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS THAN LOOK AT THE INGREDIENTS THAN RESEARCH THE sh*t

HarlemWorldATL
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » September 21st, 2017, 7:44 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Foh chili u never shitted on me in the first place so how u gonna sh*t on me again?

N u don't have proof that 9/11 was a inside job.u wasn't out here in NYC the morning the towers fell.I was.I was in the midst of the tragic chaos at 17 years old as well as other nyc posters on here.did George Bush give u proof himself that the gov't set it up? No.u only believe the inside job thing because nutjob conspiracy theorists told u it was on a YouTube video u watched :lmao:

N now all of a sudden u know mad ppl that herbs n spices helped.but when the topic was brought up the first time u kept avoiding my question.n besides u said cure.u don't know anyone who was cured of their ailments just from taking herbs n spices.

N I have an ailment, bout to have my 8th surgery n I be going thru it.weed n other herbs don't fucking help my body when it comes to pain.them shits don't even touch the surface.over the counter and strong prescription drugs do.n herbs n spices ain't curing what I have.if it was a real cure to diseases I would b good right now.alot of ppl would b cured.prescription drugs are bad don't get me wrong but when I'm sick those will help me out quick before any herbs n spices would