Chi: 2 cops shot by rifle in area where spanish mobs are using more high powered rifles

Quiet-Q
godfather

Chi: 2 cops shot by rifle in area where spanish mobs are using more high powered rifles

Post by Quiet-Q » May 3rd, 2017, 11:17 pm

2 Chicago cops shot by rifle in area where gangs increasingly using military-style guns
Police dispatch audio from night of 2 cops shot

The two plainclothes officers wounded in the Back of the Yards were shot with a high-powered rifle in an area where gangs have been increasingly using military-style weapons, Chicago police said Wednesday.

Investigators have seized a rifle believed used in the attack in the 4300 block of South Ashland Avenue, along with a handgun. They also arrested three people and were searching for others, according to chief police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

One officer was hit in the arm and hip, the other in the back. They were taken to Stroger Hospital and initially listed in serious condition. Both were released from the hospital Wednesday and were "recovering at home," Guglielmi said.

Names of the Deering District officers have not been released, but one of them is the son of a high-ranking Chicago police official, sources said.

They had been riding in an unmarked van, following up an earlier investigation, police said. Around 9 p.m., "two vehicles pulled up and the occupants began firing shots indiscriminately in the direction of the officers," the department said in a statement.

The officers returned fire but they apparently didn't hit anyone, the department said. Their van was riddled with bullet holes, Guglielmi said.

The other two vehicles sped off. One was found near 37th Street and Racine Avenue, less than two miles away, according to a source citing preliminary information.

It was not clear where the rifle was recovered. Gulglielmi said ballistics tests were being expedited.

In February, the Chicago Tribune reported that rifles were being increasingly used by gangs in Back of the Yards.

At the time, more than 30 shootings believed to have been tied to semi-automatic rifles occurred there and in neighboring Brighton Park over nine months. At least 46 people were shot in those attacks, 13 fatally.

Police said this was the only area of the city where rifles styled after AR-15s and AK-47s were regularly used, a menacing new development in the gang fights.

It's unclear how many of the high-powered rifles have been used in the shootings, but police suspect they are being around by members of four Hispanic gangs in the Deering police district, which covers Back of the Yards and Brighton Park.

Two of the gangs — La Raza near 47th and Loomis streets and the Almighty Saints near 45th and Wood streets — have been fighting for decades. But the conflict has expanded to the Satan Disciples and Gangster Two-Sixes in neighboring Brighton Park, where violence is less frequent.

Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Tuesday night's shooting "is just another example of how dangerous this job is."

"Listen, if they will fire at police officers like that, they they have no thought process in terms of firing at other citizens of this great city," he added. "So we are going to get them."

At the scene of the shooting, Thomas Murdock, 51, stood in a small crowd watching investigators work. He was in a Dunkin' Donuts when he heard gunfire and saw paramedics tending to two officers, one of them on a stretcher.

"It was like whack, whack, whack. Big guns. Next thing I know, I find out police got shot," Murdock said. "The Dunkin' Donuts lady was like, 'What the (expletive) are they shooting for?' My mind was like, 'Holy s---! I hope they don't run in.’ ’’

Minutes later, a procession of police vehicles raced north.

In its statement on Tuesday's shooting, the police department asked anyone with information to contact Cook County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-535-STOP (7867). Information can also be emailed to CPDTIP.com.

Three in custody, others sought after 2 Chicago police officers shot in Back of the Yards

Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower, police say

_brolic_
superior

Re: Chi: 2 cops shot by rifle in area where spanish mobs are using more high powered rifles

Post by _brolic_ » May 4th, 2017, 4:10 am

:cmon: When has this sh*t ended positively for any mob? I can understand if they didn't know they were police, but for any other reason this is just stupid. BOTY gonna be full of squad cars tomorrow

Trap$tar ™
og

Re: Chi: 2 cops shot by rifle in area where spanish mobs are using more high powered rifles

Post by Trap$tar ™ » May 4th, 2017, 4:18 am

no wonder all the chi profiles on here was skard of them boys, they the only ones who kan use sticks on a regular :lmao: :shoot: and they white/latino so they get more leverage with the laws n they community --- the saints :umhm: not even the top 7 biggest mobs in the chi but got all of em scard disciples, stones, kings, lords,26's n all :lmao:
/|\ gangst3rs Killa TALL Insanek die Kkrowns ][][]['s

BarefaceBlaine
superior

Post by BarefaceBlaine » May 4th, 2017, 4:25 am

Dis-L gang wrote:no wonder all the chi profiles on here was skard of them boys, they the only ones who kan use sticks on a regular :lmao: :shoot: and they white/latino so they get more leverage with the laws n they community --- the saints :umhm: not even the top 7 biggest mobs in the chi but got all of em scard disciples, stones, kings, lords,26's n all :lmao:
:lmao: blacks n hispanics only beef up north goofyt while yo a$$ trynna get involved chi politics as if you lived there :lmao: :lmao:
#GANG KNOWN TA' CHANNEL TWO sh*t

YOUNG n*gga IN THE FIELD KNOWN FOR WACKIN GOOFIES #RIPNOAH

5100 SCAN BLOCC DEMONS

40 OZ
foot soldier

Post by 40 OZ » May 4th, 2017, 5:29 am

Saints barely have any whites 20. They're almost all mexicans. And most black mobs from nearby barely even give a f*ck about them, and likewise. You act like theres some kinda black vs latino war up here but it aint like that. Real mfers from Chi tell done told you that many times, and I just told you again. but you obviously don't care to listen.

JerseyCity201
boss

Post by JerseyCity201 » May 4th, 2017, 5:35 am

Question for those from Chicago, is Back of the Yards a mixed hood? I only ask cause of that show Shameless, most the characters white. So they just trying to white wash that area for the show or is there really a decent amount of whites there?

40 OZ
foot soldier

Post by 40 OZ » May 4th, 2017, 5:59 am

JerseyCity201 wrote:Question for those from Chicago, is Back of the Yards a mixed hood? I only ask cause of that show Shameless, most the characters white. So they just trying to white wash that area for the show or is there really a decent amount of whites there?
The overall area is actually referred to as New City. BOTY is a big hood within New City. Its majority Hispanic but theres whites mixed in and a solid grip of blacks mostly south/ southeast. I don't really watch tv so I don't know anything about that show, but it sounds like they're portraying a false ethnic demographic. BTW I don't know how we got hung up on the saints. Theres a good chance they don't have sh*t to do with this shooting.

BarefaceBlaine
superior

Post by BarefaceBlaine » May 4th, 2017, 6:02 am

40 OZ wrote:
JerseyCity201 wrote:Question for those from Chicago, is Back of the Yards a mixed hood? I only ask cause of that show Shameless, most the characters white. So they just trying to white wash that area for the show or is there really a decent amount of whites there?
The overall area is actually referred to as New City. BOTY is a big hood within New City. Its majority Hispanic but theres whites mixed in and a solid grip of blacks mostly south/ southeast. I don't really watch tv so I don't know anything about that show, but it sounds like they're portraying a false ethnic demographic. BTW I don't know how we got hung up on the saints. Theres a good chance they don't have sh*t to do with this shooting.
are there still a lot of 4s? snypa'z in particular? what cliques they got?

5100 SCAN BLOCC DEMONS

40 OZ
foot soldier

Post by 40 OZ » May 4th, 2017, 6:11 am

not really sure. Im from the NWS so I don't pay attention because I don't really care. But I doubt theres any 4ch. Mostly GD's, Moes, and there were VLs a while back but Im not sure they're still around that hood.

Cryptik1
underboss

Post by Cryptik1 » May 4th, 2017, 2:19 pm

Back of the yards mixed mainly black latino
That show sbameless take place on 21 spaulding i think
Thats lil vill neighborhood
They be all over the city lol

Trap$tar ™
og

Post by Trap$tar ™ » May 5th, 2017, 12:20 am

WestsideBlaine wrote:
Dis-L gang wrote:no wonder all the chi profiles on here was skard of them boys, they the only ones who kan use sticks on a regular :lmao: :shoot: and they white/latino so they get more leverage with the laws n they community --- the saints :umhm: not even the top 7 biggest mobs in the chi but got all of em scard disciples, stones, kings, lords,26's n all :lmao:
:lmao: blacks n hispanics only beef up north goofyt while yo a$$ trynna get involved chi politics as if you lived there :lmao: :lmao:
don't u comment on here everyday and report when a bd get shot ?????? :wtf2: :cmon: do u live in Chicago ?? the wrong n*gga telling me or anybody this, u only make gang topics and questions asking whats synpa foes at and is they still active :lmao: look u and errbody else on here who hates me and wanna fight me, shoot me ,come to MACON NOT ATLANTA.... MACON NAPIER AVENUE NEAR TRIANGLE LIQUOR STORE ERRDAY MY n*gga ... ALL THIS FOLLOWING ME ON THE NET sh*t IS ONLY SOMETHING A TEENAGER WOULD DO ,, which I KNOW YU IS.. u still ain't posted no 10 mile piru bidnezz tho :ohhh:

JerseyCity201
boss

Post by JerseyCity201 » May 5th, 2017, 1:38 am

Cryptik1 wrote:
So it's like a smaller section within​ a hood? Or they don't really live where they say in the show?

Quiet-Q
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » May 5th, 2017, 2:23 am

Chicago Police: La Raza Gang Members Shot Officers With AR-Style Rifle
WILL RACKE
12:33 PM 05/04/2017

Chicago Police believe members of the notorious Mexican street gang La Raza used an AR-style rifle to carry out a brazen attack on Tuesday that left two plainclothes officers wounded and touched off a citywide manhunt.

Gunmen shot up an unmarked police van with a handgun and a .223 caliber rifle, most likely an AR-15, department sources told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Police say both officers were shot with a “high-powered weapon” — one in the hip and arm and the other in the back. The officers were released from Stroger Hospital on Wednesday after receiving treatment for non-life threatening wounds.

“It’s a miracle the officers are still alive,” said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

The pair were investigating a prior gang-related shooting in the city’s Back of The Yards neighborhood on Tuesday night when two cars pulled up alongside the police van, according to police. Without warning, occupants of those vehicles fired “indiscriminately” into the van before speeding away.

The shooting sparked a frantic search for the assailants, believed to be La Raza members prowling in rival gang territory. Police recovered a rifle and a handgun from an abandoned Chrysler minivan thought to be one of the vehicles used in the attack, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Investigators are currently questioning three “persons of interest” and are searching for two additional suspects. It is unclear whether the officers were the target of a planned attack or randomly targeted.

“It’s just another example of how dangerous this job is,” Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said at a press conference on Wednesday. “And I think people take it for granted that when police officers come to work every day, they put their lives on the line every single day they get in their car.”

Warring Hispanic gangs in the violent Back of the Yards neighborhood are increasingly making rifles their weapon of choice, reports the Tribune. Between the summer of 2016 and February, more than 30 shootings using semi-automatic rifles occurred there and in neighboring Brighton Park

At least 46 people were shot in those attacks, 13 fatally.

Trap$tar ™
og

Post by Trap$tar ™ » May 5th, 2017, 2:26 am

WestsideBlaine wrote:
40 OZ wrote:
are there still a lot of 4s? snypa'z in particular? what cliques they got?
stop quoting my posts , and coming back asking more questions on Chicago sh*t u fake a$$ 10 mile piru :lmao: will u flip to a finball mob already , u wanna learn more about foes and Chicago mobs than your own piru sh*t :lmao: :lmao:

BarefaceBlaine
superior

Post by BarefaceBlaine » May 5th, 2017, 2:30 am

Dis-L gang wrote:
WestsideBlaine wrote:
don't u comment on here everyday and report when a bd get shot ?????? :wtf2: :cmon: do u live in Chicago ?? the wrong n*gga telling me or anybody this, u only make gang topics and questions asking whats synpa foes at and is they still active :lmao: look u and errbody else on here who hates me and wanna fight me, shoot me ,come to MACON NOT ATLANTA.... MACON NAPIER AVENUE NEAR TRIANGLE LIQUOR STORE ERRDAY MY n*gga ... ALL THIS FOLLOWING ME ON THE NET sh*t IS ONLY SOMETHING A TEENAGER WOULD DO ,, which I KNOW YU IS.. u still ain't posted no 10 mile piru bidnezz tho :ohhh:
b*tch f*ck memphis im cklaimin my own city :cmon: im posted in da JVL my HOOD looney mob sh*t #WOLFPACK #WOLFPACK free da block kaptain Wolfpack Kris :naswin: aint no piru bidnezz b*tch this BRIMSIDE :ohhh:

5100 SCAN BLOCC DEMONS

40 OZ
foot soldier

Post by 40 OZ » May 5th, 2017, 3:22 am

Them LRZ's f*cked up! CPD is gonna go at em hard n cripple them like they did the Pilsen Ambrose back in 01 when that officer got murked.

Trap$tar ™
og

Post by Trap$tar ™ » May 5th, 2017, 3:40 am

on topic too.. a .223 considered a high powered rifle I can understand 30 calibers :fleece:

Cryptik1
underboss

Post by Cryptik1 » May 5th, 2017, 4:15 am

JerseyCity201 wrote:
Cryptik1 wrote:
So it's like a smaller section within​ a hood? Or they don't really live where they say in the show?
I think there suppose to stay in bridgeport
But the house they use on the show right by the green line by 21st

DaSuperSavage
underboss

Post by DaSuperSavage » May 5th, 2017, 7:49 am

La Razas!!!!! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: