-fat trel (sluttyboyz ) jail interview / (cracks on charleston,sc & charlotte,nc women)

Quiet-Q
godfather

-fat trel (sluttyboyz ) jail interview / (cracks on charleston,sc & charlotte,nc women)

Post by Quiet-Q » April 21st, 2017, 10:05 pm

Attachments
Screenshot_2017-04-21-15-57-51.png
Screenshot_2017-04-21-15-57-51.png (269.42 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Screenshot_2017-04-21-15-58-01.png
Screenshot_2017-04-21-15-58-01.png (270.68 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Screenshot_2017-04-21-16-01-35.png
Screenshot_2017-04-21-16-01-35.png (154.64 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Screenshot_2017-04-21-16-01-44.png
Screenshot_2017-04-21-16-01-44.png (192.66 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Screenshot_2017-04-21-16-01-57.png
Screenshot_2017-04-21-16-01-57.png (195.85 KiB) Viewed 598 times

BEDSTUYFLY
underboss

Re: -fat trel (sluttyboyz ) jail interview / (cracks on charleston,sc & charlotte,nc women)

Post by BEDSTUYFLY » April 22nd, 2017, 12:48 am

Yo Q I know u spend time in Naryland but how many rappers are actually from D.C. Cause it seems like everytime a rapper pop up from there the first insult or thing that fly outta n*ggas mouths is that a n*gga from Maryland or Virginia. I seen the same shot with Shy glizzy and Wale.

Quiet-Q
godfather

Re: -fat trel (sluttyboyz ) jail interview / (cracks on charleston,sc & charlotte,nc women)

Post by Quiet-Q » April 22nd, 2017, 1:06 am

Honestly all the rappers i bump from d.c none are mainstream (outside of shy & thats been questioned)& it seems dc really dont have a real mainstream rapper...all the n*ggahs thats mainstream that claim dc ( shy , wale & treL) all have had claims of not being actual dc n*ggahs like you said....all 3 of them n*ggahs said was from the maryland suburbs outside of dc...i guess n*ggahs felt it was benefecial for their careers to rep the sh*t...its wack though

Goes back to what i was tryna explain before...that "dmv" sh*t was pushed by wale to feel like its 1 big thing...the "dmv " was something for suburban heads heads in surrounding areas outside of dc (northern virginia & southern maryland...specifically. Montgomery & prince george county)..so that was they lil thing of feeling "apart of dc"....dc & baltimore n*ggahs never really fuked with that whole "dmv" sh*t

Its like a n*ggah saying im from ny...then you be like oh aight what borough or like alotta outta towners ask me "what part"...& a n*ggah tell somebody "long island or upstate"..its like "oh aight"...not a knock ..but that sh*t aint the city its the surrounding area but n*ggahs tellinf you out the gate they from ny you thinking city offtop

murksiderock
boss

Post by murksiderock » April 22nd, 2017, 1:31 am

I never even heard the phrase "DMV" til I was around 18-19 or so...and in prison in North Carolina (dude asked me oh you from the DMV?)...that was not something n*ggas was saying in my age group, or the circle of cats I was around....

It's the era right after mine that really took to claiming that DMV title, people born after '94 or so that grew up listening to people like Wale who popularized the term. Wale is a little older than me, but he didn't pop til I was grown, so nothing people like him said influenced my group, he the sane age as us, he couldn't influence us...

To this day I can't tell you one person I went to school with or know in any capacity from Virginia who says "I'm from the DMV", nobody 25+ is saying that I know personally. I do know there's all sorts of connections between The District, VA and Maryland and I know plenty of brothers and sisters who competed for the DMV hip hop awards and events:

http://www.dmvlife.com/info.html

That's the strongest, most connected hip hop community in the area, they support and hold functions and push people from all over VA, Maryland and DC, and anybody connected with music or doing shows anywhere out here knows about DMVLife. But even that page tells you they struck up in '10, that was only 7 years ago. So this is not a phrase or title that anybody been using, and that includes even in the suburbs of MD and VA. The youth who grew up in this era (2010s decade) identify more with "DMV" as a title, and people who hold weight in fashion and music, etc may use the phrase as a promotional or familial thing...

But you go to any of the cities: DC, Baltimore, Rich, Norfolk...people are very loyal to they city and outside of the sh*t I just named, nobody says "I'm from the DMV"...

murksiderock
boss

Post by murksiderock » April 22nd, 2017, 1:40 am

That said, I told brothers before when I first came to the East Coast from Cali, the very first place I lived out here as a kid was SW DC. For about 2 months, then we hit VA. But there's always been inter-connectivity. The Metro subway runs from Fairfax into The District, the NE Amtrak goes down to Richmond. Most people out here got family in another part of the "DMV". It's nothing to be in Maryland all day bit you really from VA, and vice-versa. I said this sh*t before but as far as location on the East Coast, the DC-Bmore area operates like a East Coast Bay Area. They don't look alike, it's way more blacks out here, way more Asians out there, different weather and styles, but it's a large populated area where millions of people freely move from one city to the other all the time, every day....

On topic, DC rappers are mostly a$$, I haven't even tried listening to DC rap in probably 7 years. I know It's widely known Fat Trel is from SSVA and Wale from MD but hip hop makes a bigger deal about that than any other genre...

Neutron Nation
underboss

Post by Neutron Nation » April 22nd, 2017, 2:06 am

Thought Carolina had some solid women?

Southwarddevil
underboss

Post by Southwarddevil » April 22nd, 2017, 3:24 am

fat trel was that n*gga i use to bump all his sh*t :stoned:

nobody touching the big slut but that beef with him and gleesh was gonna get wild real quick

BEDSTUYFLY
underboss

Post by BEDSTUYFLY » April 22nd, 2017, 3:55 am

Damn okay I get it, I guess it gives them n*ggas more noreiety. I would get pissed off too if it's someone claiming my town, block or side that's not from there even if they make good music or a good dude n*ggas need to hold pride from where they at. As for the DMV sh*t I've only heard in music, every time I hit VA all my fam is from NY down there so I mostly be with them but the areas I met people from is Richmond, Portsmouth, Newport n I think I chilled in Hampton while I was down there but mostly in Newport news n sh*t nobody be jacking that sh*t just they hood n city. N as for this n*gga Fat Trel he was on the right track when he first sign with Ross but the n*gga get into too much trouble n I think he got lazy on top of that.

Quiet-Q
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » April 23rd, 2017, 6:59 pm

1 of the jamaican spots in bmore i grab my food was promoting this yesterday for an upconing event & they was pushing that dmv sh*t for all caribbeans in the baltimore -dc tri state area..some foreigners are also people who you might catch pushing that dmv sh*t also
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-52-38.png
Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-52-38.png (496.7 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-52-47.png
Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-52-47.png (102.93 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-53-01.png
Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-53-01.png (109.56 KiB) Viewed 487 times
20170423_130112.jpg
20170423_130112.jpg (772.87 KiB) Viewed 487 times

BEDSTUYFLY
underboss

Post by BEDSTUYFLY » April 23rd, 2017, 7:31 pm

Oh sh*t it's a strong carribean presence down there ? My fam that live in VA about to move there in a countless of months you know any good spots where n*ggas can scoop bitches at/ party type sh*t

Quiet-Q
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » April 23rd, 2017, 7:38 pm

I run into alotta jamaicans & trinidad heads in bmore 1 of my car mechanics is trini from east flatbush(i was fuhkin with a chick fresh from trinidad a hot minute ago but she was outside of bmore in the middle class suburbs)...its alotta east africans threwout maryland also (kenyans & Ethiopians) ...im not gonna front like i know everything so i cant really say about the party spots questions you asked me..im still learning the area ...its a spot not to far from me thats a night lounge in northwest Baltimore. Called blue something cant remember the name but people told me Jamaicans got that spot on lock..when i find out more info of spots in maryland /dc il post it

Quiet-Q
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » August 12th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Quiet-Q wrote:
April 22nd, 2017, 1:06 am
.i guess n*ggahs felt it was benefecial for their careers to rep the sh*t...its wack though

Goes back to what i was tryna explain before...that "dmv" sh*t was pushed by wale to feel like its 1 big thing...the "dmv " was something for suburban heads heads in surrounding areas outside of dc (northern virginia & southern maryland...specifically. Montgomery & prince george county)..so that was they lil thing of feeling "apart of dc"....dc & baltimore n*ggahs never really fuked with that whole "dmv" sh*t
Dude is from area i mentioned in my post(prince george county maryland outside of dc)

Attachments
Screenshot_2017-08-12-23-53-24.png
Screenshot_2017-08-12-23-54-48.png
Screenshot_2017-08-12-23-55-20.png

CPT
superior

Post by CPT » August 13th, 2017, 1:39 am

I was wondering where that n*gga Lil Dude was from, heard him on a song with Hoodrich Pablo Juan n*gga verse was fire but I was like it sound like he from OT or sum

Ace.202.
associate

Post by Ace.202. » August 13th, 2017, 8:29 am

Glizzy originally from laurel Maryland, he had family round 37st and he would be out there sometimes. n*ggas round 37st won't stamp him thou as being from there nobody even in his clique is from 37. Trel was born in VA but moved to DC for a lil bit started fucking with E street n*ggas then he moved out upper Marlboro Maryland. His situation weird but n*ggas from E street vouch for him they said he put in a lot of work for that block so that's when he started claiming it.

Quiet-Q
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » August 13th, 2017, 9:14 am

Ace.202. wrote:
August 13th, 2017, 8:29 am
Glizzy originally from laurel Maryland, he had family round 37st and he would be out there sometimes. n*ggas round 37st won't stamp him thou as being from there nobody even in his clique is from 37. Trel was born in VA but moved to DC for a lil bit started fucking with E street n*ggas then he moved out upper Marlboro Maryland. His situation weird but n*ggas from E street vouch for him they said he put in a lot of work for that block so that's when he started claiming it.

Dont forget about wale...i always say he really started that whole "dmv" wave when he came on thr scene. I believe his sh*t to grt him jumpstarted was nike boots song...dam near everybody & they moms say he was from moco