NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – A gangster was convicted Monday by a federal jury on charges of racketeering conspiracy, including acts of murder, attempted murder, robbery, obstruction of justice, murder in aid of racketeering, conspiracy and attempted murder in aid of racketeering, and other charges.
According to court documents and evidence presented at trial, 39-year-old Michael Hopson, (aka “Hop” aka “Big Homie”) was the founding member and leader of the P-Stones, also referred to as the P-Stone Bloods and Cobra Stones, that operate primarily in the Denbigh area of Newport News.
The P-Stones engage in violent crimes including murders, illegal drug trafficking, obstruction of justice and robberies that often target narcotics dealers and use stolen currency and inventory to purchase firearms and fund gang members’ court dues.
According to evidence presented at trial, as the leader, Hopson planned, directed and participated in recruitment of members, including minors, collected monthly gang dues, carried out and ordered violations, ordered and presided over meetings, and organized other firearm and marijuana distribution.
Hopson also served as a security officer at Denbigh High School, in which he used his security officer position to further the Black P-Stones gang by recruiting minors and selling narcotics to high school students.
According to evidence presented at trial, Hopson personally ordered multiple shootings and murders between October 2007 and June 2009, including:
– On Oct. 31, 2007, Hopson ordered P-Stone members to murder A.J., a member of the rival Thugs Relations street gang. At Hopson’s direction, the P-Stones members attempted to lure A.J. from the home while armed. A.J. did not come out of the house and the P-Stone members left.
– On Nov. 6, 2007, a P-Stone, acting on Hopson’s orders lured E.S., a 17-year-old P-Stone member, to a location in Newport News to kill him. Hopson had previously given him the “green light” for the killing of E.S. for his relations with Thug Relations. Once E.S. arrived he was shot and killed, and Hopson rewarded the P-Stone member with a promotion.
– On Dec. 10, 2008 Hopson authorized the murder of J.W., a Crip who was disrespectful to members of the P-Stones. Acting on those orders, two P-Stone members went to the home of J.W. and fired multiple rounds into the home. J.W.’s father, who was sitting in the living room when the assault occurred, was hit with debris from the bullet shrapnel and suffered injury to his eye.
– On March 9, 2009, Hopson ordered the murder of two members of 10-1 Mafia Crips, rivals of the P-Stones, for the beating of a P-Stone member. Acting on Hopson’s orders, two P-Stone members shot multiple times into the home of the two 10-1 Mafia Crips.
– On April 17, 2009, Hopson ordered two P-Stones to fire multiple rounds into a home he knew to be occupied because the individuals inside the home were disrespectful to him.
– On June 12, 2009, Hopson ordered the murder of A.J., a Thug Relations member who was responsible for the murder of a P-Stone member. A P-Stone member acting on Hopson’s orders shot and wounded A.J.
http://wtkr.com/2016/12/05/former-denbi ... r-charges/
1 post • Page 1 of 1