Quiet-Q
godfather

-street gangs giving white collar criminals a run for their money

Post by Quiet-Q » March 8th, 2016, 10:08 am

!
NEWS
Street Gangs Giving White Collar Criminals A Run For Their Money: WSJ
Mar 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Why get your hands dirty and risk blood splatter on your shoes when you can keep your khakis crisp and risk only a short stay at Club Fed?

When federal agents arrested a group of Outlaw Gangsta Crips last summer in Brooklyn, N.Y., the 38-page indictment accused nearly two dozen gang members of robbery, attempted murder and cocaine distribution. But the allegations also included an atypical charge for a street gang case: bank fraud. Prosecutors said the gang members created and deposited fake checks, and then quickly withdrew money from the accounts before the banks—including J.P. Morgan Chase and Bank of America—could identify the checks as fake. The alleged scheme reaped more than $500,000 for the group, according to the government…The case highlights a national trend, law enforcement officials say, as gangs traditionally associated with drugs and violent crimes are increasingly committing financial frauds. Gangs are getting into crimes like check fraud and identity theft because they are more lucrative, harder to detect and carry lighter prison sentences, experts say.

In related news, the “Outlaw Gangsta Crips” are not the only amazingly named organization getting into this new line of business.

In another case, 12 members of a group known as the Van Dyke Money Gang were accused last summer of defrauding banks like J.P. Morgan Chase and Bank of America out of more than $1.5 million. Manhattan federal prosecutors say the gang, mostly men in their 20s living in Brooklyn, fraudulently obtained money orders and cashed them at bank accounts along the East Coast, stretching from Washington to Boston.

And we don’t even know what the Van Buren Boys $$$ Outlaw Gansta Bloods Crips Gang have surely been up to.

superior

Re: -street gangs giving white collar criminals a run for their money

Post by 441 » March 8th, 2016, 4:10 pm

Ion know why but I like the sound of that

HarlemWorldATL
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » March 8th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Lol betcha most of them was drug dealers 8 years ago when us Harlem/bx n*ggas was getting locked up for this sh*t.drug dealers claimed that it wasn't an honorable crime n u gotta hit the block to get that paper.I'm glad n*ggas got with the program and see where the real money is at

BluntedUp
ooog

Post by BluntedUp » March 8th, 2016, 5:51 pm

Chill dont put these n*ggas on to nothin new. Love goin to the trap to get me whatever I need. Dont gotta make phone calls or wait on no re ups, im in and out that b*tch in 5 minutes or less and the customer service is A1.

Just gotta watch out for boys creepin :discust: left the bando one night like a week ago and im sittin in the V comparing bags and sh*t and all I see on my left is a blacked out caprice with a weak flash light pointed at the car. Idk if them n*ggas saw what i was doin or not but my hands was in the air when I was checkin the bags out so if they could I'd been done right there lol.

And they only did that sh*t cuz they see me pull up and pull out of that spot :lol: Other than that them low life n*ggas can continue to do them. Most n*ggas up in the trap was never gon be sh*t else anyways. :lol:

townbizzEa$T O
prince

Post by townbizzEa$T O » March 10th, 2016, 12:07 am

:ohhh: damn 500,000 :tiphat: :ohhh:

BkBarclays
og

Post by BkBarclays » March 10th, 2016, 12:28 am

It's so much money being made without sellin drugs for it's crazy.,

I talk to a lot of ot N*ggaz All over the map that this sh*t hasn't even hit yet it's crazy

FlexinOnMyCamel
underboss

Post by FlexinOnMyCamel » March 10th, 2016, 12:54 am

europeas got the white collar crime ring on lock its no use for n*ggas on tht. i been knew abt sh*t like this but i wouldnt do it cus it takes to many resources for me

Billi G
superior

Post by Billi G » March 10th, 2016, 12:59 am

Carolina Savage wrote:Ion know why but I like the sound of that

I mind of as well

Billi G
superior

Post by Billi G » March 10th, 2016, 1:01 am

TEXASOUTLAWS wrote:
Carolina Savage wrote:Ion know why but I like the sound of that