ESCONDIDO RACE WAR

CLICK HERE TO SEE EXCLUSIVE HOOD HOES HACKED & EXPOSED!!!

official contributor
My Region: West Coast
My Affiliation: Neutral

ESCONDIDO RACE WAR

Postby mayugastank » May 28th, 2012, 2:43 am

61°

EXCLUSIVE: Mexican Mafia member ordered gangs to target blacks, police say

April 14, 2012 6:00 pm • By BRANDON LOWREY blowrey@nctimes.com

A local leader of the Mexican Mafia prison gang ordered Escondido's rival Latino street gangs to stop fighting among themselves and target black people instead, leading to a surge in such attacks, say gang members and authorities.

According to court testimony last week by Erik Witholt, an Escondido Police Department gang detective, the order focused on "getting blacks out of Escondido."

Witholt didn't name the leader, but federal authorities have said that Rudy Espudo was the Mexican Mafia member who directed street gang activity in inland North County. Espudo was arrested in January and indicted, with 118 other people, for a range of crimes, including racketeering and drug dealing.

Attacks by Latino gang members on black people ---- who, police say, have generally had nothing to do with gang activity ---- increased sharply after the Mexican Mafia's order was handed down, about two years ago, Witholt said.

Gang members and experts reached by the North County Times say the order probably stemmed from turf feuds and long-running rivalries in prison between black and Latino gangs, and are not an indication that a local race war was heating up.

Police say one of the most brazen examples of Latino-on-black violence occurred Feb. 6 in Escondido. A black man, with his girlfriend and her child, was waiting for a pizza in a car at Rose Street and East Valley Parkway when seven Latinos armed with knives surrounded them. Someone stabbed the black man, nearly to death.

A suspect in the stabbing, Ulysses Ocampo, 22, of Escondido eluded police for about a week. Police said the gang member was arrested after hurling racial slurs and attacking a second black man who was moving into an Escondido apartment complex. Before the attack, Ocampo said, "We don't want no n----s in our 'hood," the victim testified.

Serious attacks by Latino gang members against black people have not been limited to Escondido ---- such attacks in the past two years include a fatal stabbing in Carlsbad and a rash of assaults in Oceanside.

In the Carlsbad incident last year, police say Juan Rocha, 21, fatally stabbed Devin Allen, 27, a black man with no known ties to gangs, outside a popular bar. Last week, Rocha was in jail awaiting trial on a murder charge.

Carlsbad police Detective Bryan Hargett testified at a preliminary hearing last year that Rocha belonged to a Carlsbad gang that had committed several racially motivated attacks against blacks, including a 2007 stabbing that led to an attempted-murder conviction.

In Oceanside, black gangs have a strong presence. Federal authorities last year said they broke up a major prostitution ring run by three of Oceanside's mostly black gangs.

Some territories claimed by Latino and black gangs overlap, leading to rivalries.

Last year, five Latino gang members and associates were charged with hate crimes against black men in the Crown Heights neighborhood.

Also last year, several black gang members were charged with murdering two Latino teens who weren't gang-affiliated in Libby Lake Park. Prosecutors said the slayings occurred soon after one of the black gang members was attacked by Latino rivals.

But Latino gangs have battled each other at least as fiercely.

Using the race card

The Mexican Mafia order to unite rival Latino street gangs against a perceived common enemy may have been a commonly used tactic by the prison-based syndicate's leadership to stop infighting and increase profitability, said retired Sgt. Richard Valdemar, who spent much of his career investigating the Mexican Mafia as a gang detective with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

"Because they can play the race card to motivate their soldiers on the street, that's what they do," he said.

Minor racial tensions turned into a cycle of violence during the Los Angeles riots in 1992, Valdemar said.

Damian "Football" Williams, a young black gang member who famously beat white truck driver Reginald Denny on live television during the riots, similarly attacked drivers of other races. When footage aired of him attacking a Latino man, Latinos began attacking blacks in prison and jail, Valdemar said.

The Mexican Mafia put out an order to kill Williams, and later, to go to war with black gangs, he said. Williams was not killed, and is currently serving a state prison sentence for an unrelated crime.

Mostly Latino gangs that included black members were ordered to purge them from their ranks.

Prison politics

But Mexican Mafia leaders' motivation for stoking racial tensions had little to do with actual racism. Instead, they were based on profitability ---- they wanted to take over drug-dealing operations in South Central Los Angeles, where black gangs thrived on crack dealing, Valdemar said.

"It's all about money and power," he said.

The Mexican Mafia originated in California's prison system, which remains its home turf and the center of its power. Some Mexican Mafia members direct activity from behind bars, and when they get out, they bring their prison rivalries with them.

Prison rivalries are mostly drawn along racial lines, said Michael Ruff, special agent in charge with the California Department of Corrections' Special Service Unit, which investigates prison gangs.

But that doesn't always mean feuds have much to do with racial hatred, he said.

"Most incidents are not racially motivated ---- they're gang-motivated," he said. "It's usually over a drug debt or a disrespect issue or a power play."

That may have been the case in Escondido.

A North County Latino gang member familiar with the order to attack black people in Escondido said it was one of the first commands issued by Espudo, the man accused by federal authorities of being a Mexican Mafia member who directed some local Latino street gangs.

"When he first got out (of prison), that's one of the first things he did," said the gang member, who spoke to the North County Times on condition of anonymity. "He saw how things have changed, from when he went in to when he came out, so he made that 'green light.'" A "green light" is a gang term for permission from the Mexican Mafia to beat or kill someone or a group.

"But he also declared a peace treaty" between the two major Latino street gangs in Escondido, the gang member said. "He basically said he didn't want to see any more violence between those gangs, and to (instead) be racist, basically."

The gang member's account was echoed in federal indictments, in which authorities said Espudo extracted "taxes" from street gangs, and forbade graffiti in San Marcos and Escondido, in order to increase profits and reduce conflict and police attention.

Black gangs from Oceanside and elsewhere had been moving into prostitution in Escondido and nearby cities, the gang member said, a point made by federal and local police.

"It wasn't so much race-based, but when you have that sort of activity, you get more police presence," he said. "And probably because they (the Mexican Mafia-controlled gangs) aren't making a buck off of it, either."

Related Stories
OCEANSIDE: Gang members, associates arrested in rash of anti-black hate crimes
REGION: Hate crimes increase in county, state says
OCEANSIDE: Teens killed by revenge-seeking gang member, witnesses say
ESCONDIDO: Gang member faces trial for stabbing outside pizza shop
EXCLUSIVE: Gang bust gives rare glimpse of Mexican Mafia's grip on North County
REGION: Gang crackdown nets 104 arrests, authorities say
CARLSBAD: Alleged gang member faces murder trial
OCEANSIDE: Man injured in Crown Heights shooting
OCEANSIDE: Trio in court for possible gang retaliation killing
OCEANSIDE: Police seek help after string of shootings
CARLSBAD: Five gang members arrested during sweep

More Escondido stories
ESCONDIDO: With finances stabilized, arts center leaders seek more money
HEALTH: Palomar Health, USD to collaborate on nursing research
ESCONDIDO: Joint tasting room part of city's wine ambitions
ESCONDIDO: Heritage cars
POLITICS: Supervisor candidate Q&As
POLITICS: Supervisor candidates discuss backcountry growth, fire protection
ESCONDIDO: Students learn of WWII veterans' sacrifice in Memorial Day talk
REGION: County's $4.77B budget would boost safety, welfare services

News

Cities

Sports

Opinion

Entertainment

Crime

Topics

Obits
Classifieds

Cars

Jobs

Real Estate

Get It!

.Top of Page
Home
Full Site
© Copyright 2012, North County Times, 207 E. Pennsylvania Ave. Escondido, CA 92025

official contributor
My Affiliation: anybodyKay

Re: ESCONDIDO RACE WAR

Postby ShadyWayz1 » May 28th, 2012, 4:38 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Get this shit out of here La eme wouldn't waste time and kites to call a bogus ass shot in fucking ESCONDIDO!! smh :smh: They don't even get respect out there from the big wigs :facepalm: :facepalm:

fresh meat
My Region: Down South
My Affiliation: ★Texas Slum★

Postby trilld » May 28th, 2012, 5:11 am

This is why I hate Mexicans

fresh meat

Postby jkrusa » May 28th, 2012, 6:28 am

you're an idiot this is why you should hate the mexican mafia not mexicans.

official contributor
My Affiliation: W3ST S1D3 HAkNDSXM3 BkLAkZE GAkNG

Postby ACE2 » May 28th, 2012, 2:00 pm

ESCODINDO IS FUCKIN PUSSYY!!!!! :lmao: dont even mention escondido on here

official contributor
My Affiliation: WPxOCT Unidos Crip TX

Postby TintoVeracruz » May 28th, 2012, 2:01 pm

trilld wrote:This is why I hate Mexicans

Nigga shut yo dumb ass up. You know you love us.

Anyway yall California Mexicans is ignorant as fucc.

official contributor

Postby ShadyWayz1 » May 28th, 2012, 4:26 pm

ACE2 wrote:ESCODINDO IS FUCKIN PUSSYY!!!!! :lmao: dont even mention escondido on here

:lmao: :2cents:

official contributor

Postby ShadyWayz1 » May 28th, 2012, 4:27 pm

TintoVeracruz wrote:
trilld wrote:This is why I hate Mexicans

Nigga shut yo dumb ass up. You know you love us.

Anyway yall California Mexicans is ignorant as fucc.

They really are and it's sad..smh

fresh meat

Postby jkrusa » May 28th, 2012, 4:44 pm

more ignorant bs not cali mexicans its surenos period

lightweight contributor

Postby LBC_Azn » May 28th, 2012, 5:27 pm

No bueno. :smh:

official contributor
My Affiliation: Pacoima

Postby mexican1 » May 29th, 2012, 12:57 am

fuck escondido and any of you lames that hate mexicans/surenos......not every sureno is a racist ...you motherfuckers read a stupid article like this then start hollering surenos are racists blah blah blah...fuck racist motherfuckers sureno or not..shit every mexican that be posting on here be using the word nigga in every sentence!........eat a dick ,especially you out of town motherfuckers that dont know what the fuck is going on out here..

official contributor
My Affiliation: U Askin 2 Many ?uestions Nigga

Postby younghogg2 » May 29th, 2012, 1:04 am

mexican1 wrote:fuck escondido and any of you lames that hate mexicans/surenos......not every sureno is a racist ...you motherfuckers read a stupid article like this then start hollering surenos are racists blah blah blah...fuck racist motherfuckers sureno or not..shit every mexican that be posting on here be using the word nigga in every sentence!........eat a dick ,especially you out of town motherfuckers that dont know what the fuck is going on out here..

:2cents:

official contributor

Postby mexican1 » May 29th, 2012, 1:35 am

hahaha damn ...i just realized who posted this silly article..mayugastank!!!!....that figures...fuck this piece of shit! :shoot:

official contributor
My Affiliation: U Askin 2 Many ?uestions Nigga

Postby younghogg2 » May 29th, 2012, 1:41 am

mexican1 wrote:hahaha damn ...i just realized who posted this silly article..mayugastank!!!!....that figures...fuck this piece of shit! :shoot:

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

lightweight contributor

Postby LBC_Azn » May 29th, 2012, 1:53 am

Tired of reading about blacks always being the victims. One thing I give props to Mexicans are that unlike Asians Mexicans in general aren't afraid of black people. Blacks target browns just as much. Blacks shoot up Mexicans when they are with their families too.

Remember that infamous video of the Chinese lady fighting the black lady on the bus in san francsico? Well a few months after that video went viral, there was a rash of attacks of black youths attacking elderly Asians. These blacks were targeting Asian people in packs of 5-8, like animals. 2 elderly Asian man were beaten to death.

Where was al sharpton and Jesse Jackson during all of this? It wasn't fair.

official contributor

Postby ShadyWayz1 » May 29th, 2012, 2:07 am

LBC_Azn wrote:Tired of reading about blacks always being the victims. One thing I give props to Mexicans are that unlike Asians Mexicans in general aren't afraid of black people. Blacks target browns just as much. Blacks shoot up Mexicans when they are with their families too.

Remember that infamous video of the Chinese lady fighting the black lady on the bus in san francsico? Well a few months after that video went viral, there was a rash of attacks of black youths attacking elderly Asians. These blacks were targeting Asian people in packs of 5-8, like animals. 2 elderly Asian man were beaten to death.

Where was al sharpton and Jesse Jackson during all of this? It wasn't fair.

Shut the fuck up and go somewhere with that shit we don't give a fuck about all that bullshit we real niggas and we saying fuck that fuck nigga shit so bye

official contributor
My Affiliation: W3ST S1D3 HAkNDSXM3 BkLAkZE GAkNG

Postby ACE2 » May 29th, 2012, 2:10 am

Okay back to the topic... first hand experience... escondido is a place where you go to git away from shit... them eses and niggas aint doin nothin there...

official contributor

Postby ShadyWayz1 » May 29th, 2012, 2:15 am

ACE2 wrote:Okay back to the topic... first hand experience... escondido is a place where you go to git away from shit... them eses and niggas aint doin nothin there...

Period

lightweight contributor
My Affiliation: SNR Xlll Sur

Postby CaliKidd13 » May 29th, 2012, 11:06 am

He said california mexicans are ignorant :lol:
tejanos get it in with the blacks sometimes to
Tango blast does
Surenos in texas do to
texas syndicate is a chicano only gang fool :shrug:

official contributor
My Affiliation: WPxOCT Unidos Crip TX

Postby TintoVeracruz » May 29th, 2012, 11:29 am

CaliKidd13 wrote:He said california mexicans are ignorant :lol:
Tango blast does
Surenos in texas do to

The hell you talkin about? I know how Tejanos is. What do you mean "get it in"?

fresh meat

Postby trilld » May 29th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Tango blast does
Surenos in texas do to

Black and Mexicans get alone here in Texas not a race war between us and Mexicans I can walk in any Mexican Latino Hood wit ezzz only war is going on is at the border of texas and mexico with the drug cartels there active killing there own people they make all u fake southern California Mexicans look like cup cakes

fresh meat

Postby trilld » May 29th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Tango blast does
Surenos in texas do to

Black and Mexicans get alone he's in Texas

lightweight contributor
My Affiliation: SNR Xlll Sur

Postby CaliKidd13 » May 29th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Yehh okay shit talker
:lmao:

fresh meat

Postby trilld » May 29th, 2012, 1:59 pm

CaliKidd13 wrote:Yehh okay shit talker

You laughing but u and I and we all know why Mexicans in southern California wanna act all like ur big and tough against blacks just because of the Mexican population yet I notice that shit don't pop off up north California blacks have a large population up there and

On the east coast, down south and Midwest here in Dallas Mexicans know not to pull that hoe pussy shit stay hated cause y'all popping those worthless kids to hate blacks cause y'all jealous of my black people fame

official contributor

Postby mexican1 » May 29th, 2012, 2:34 pm

trilld wrote:
CaliKidd13 wrote:Yehh okay shit talker

You laughing but u and I and we all know why Mexicans in southern California wanna act all like ur big and tough against blacks just because of the Mexican population yet I notice that shit don't pop off up north California blacks have a large population up there and

On the east coast, down south and Midwest here in Dallas Mexicans know not to pull that hoe pussy shit stay hated cause y'all popping those worthless kids to hate blacks cause y'all jealous of my black people fame
.........trilld you be saying the stupidest shit ever...you belong in the same boat as mayugastank and lbc azn...fuck you motherfuckers!

fresh meat

Postby SOUTHSIDEx3esk » November 15th, 2013, 8:14 pm

THATS RIGHT WASUP TO THE HOMIE SPIDER, BULLET, LIL ONE, EVIL, DOPEY ,FORCE, LUMPY, AND THE REST FROM THE BIG ESCO DIABLOS GANG MAD RESPECT FOR ESCONDIDO CRAZY ASS TOWN ANY BODY CAN GET DEALT WITH IN ESCO YOU FUCKING LAMES TALKING SHIT ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU KNOW WASSUP JUST TALKING SHIT COUSE YOU GOT JACKED Nk THIS IS VARRIO SAN MAROCS WOLFPACK GANG 13

official contributor
My Affiliation: ME

Postby MilkMan » November 15th, 2013, 8:18 pm

SOUTHSIDEx3esk wrote:THATS RIGHT WASUP TO THE HOMIE SPIDER, BULLET, LIL ONE, EVIL, DOPEY ,FORCE, LUMPY, AND THE REST FROM THE BIG ESCO DIABLOS GANG MAD RESPECT FOR ESCONDIDO CRAZY ASS TOWN ANY BODY CAN GET DEALT WITH IN ESCO YOU FUCKING LAMES TALKING SHIT ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU KNOW WASSUP JUST TALKING SHIT COUSE YOU GOT JACKED Nk THIS IS VARRIO SAN MAROCS WOLFPACK GANG 13

damn nigga, it sound like u givin a acceptance speech at an award show :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned Multi-account

Postby Locdogg » November 16th, 2013, 12:22 am

Esco is stinky cow Shiiet land lol