Jersey: ex crip testifies at bloods trial (speaks on being mad when he got shot & nobody retialiated 4 him)

Quiet-Q
godfather
godfather
Region: North East
Affiliation: Avoiding nonsense

Jersey: ex crip testifies at bloods trial (speaks on being mad when he got shot & nobody retialiated 4 him)

Post by Quiet-Q » July 8th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Ex-gang member testifies he expected associates to kill man who shot him

Updated on July 6, 2017 at 5:09 PM
Posted on July 6, 2017 at 3:44 PM
Gallery: Opening statements in Asbury Park 'Operaton Dead End' trial
BY MARYANN SPOTO
mspoto@njadvancemedia.com,
NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
FREEHOLD -- A former Crips street gang member told jurors on Thursday he expected his friends, on trial for racketeering conspiracy, would retaliate against the man who shot him and that he became upset when they didn't.

Pedro Rosario said he called James Fair to complain that no one had tried to kill the man who shot him in December 2013, and that Fair had tried to reassure him that plans were in the works.

In the fourth week of their racketeering conspiracy trial against alleged gang members in Asbury Park and a city police officer accused of helping them, prosecutors offered the testimony of Rosario to try to show that Fair and his co-defendant Haneef Walker were deeply involved in drugs and shootings in the city in late 2013.

Former Asbury Park cop tipped off street gang that terrorized city, prosecutors allege
Former Asbury Park cop tipped off street gang that terrorized city, prosecutors allege

Defense attorneys, in turn, tried to portray Rosario as angry that his friends didn't come to his aid and as someone willing to lie to get a better deal with prosecutors.

Rosario, now 24, said Kenneth Bailey, a member of a rival Bloods street gang, shot him on Dec. 10, 2013, as he was leaving a house on Sewall Avenue in Asbury Park.

He said he didn't initially tell police who shot him because he wanted retaliation and because he feared for the safety of his mother if he had snitched.

But, he said, he told his associates the alleged gunman's name with the expectation that one of them would shoot Bailey.

When nine days passed and there was no word on the street of Bailey's shooting, Rosario said, he called Fair.

"I been shot. Nobody die yet?" Rosario said he asked Fair.

In that telephone conversation recorded secretly by police and played for the jury on Thursday, Fair told Rosario, "They's doing the best they can."

Fair also told Rosario "people get shot every day" as a way to downplay the seriousness of the shooting, Rosario said.

Rosario, who went by the street name "Tadow," said Walker was in the room with Fair as they had that conversation.

Although they were members of different gangs, Rosario, Fair and Walker still associated with each other, as did other gang members, Rosario said.

Rosario said Fair, who goes by the street name "Dough Boy," and Walker, who goes by the name "Nutty," had rankings high enough in the organization to carry guns and to dole out the weapons to those who needed them.

He described Walker as a friend who cared about him and said Fair was Walker's "right-hand man."

In the four weeks of the trial in Freehold, Assistant Monmouth County prosecutors Matthew Bogner and Joseph Cummings have tried to convince jurors Fair, 29, was a leader of a sect of the Bloods street gang responsible for a rash of shootings and drug dealing in Asbury Park in late 2013.

They allege Walker, 25, was nearly as deeply involved in criminal activity in the city at that time and that Keith German, an Asbury Park police officer at the time, tipped them off to investigations.

Fair's defense attorney has contended that while his client dealt drugs in the city, he wasn't a leader of an organized criminal organization. Walker's attorney has said jurors won't have enough evidence to convict his client of conspiracy.

In their cross-examination of Rosario the defense attorneys suggested he was fabricating a story to fit the prosecutors' case in order to get leniency.

Rosario was arrested in March 2014 and pleaded guilty in September 2014 to racketeering conspiracy, conspiracy to commit aggravated assault and drug possession. Under that plea deal, his 30-year potential prison sentence could be reduced to seven years. But under a cooperation agreement with the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office, that could be reduced even further to probation.

Fair's attorney, Jeff Coughlin, asked Rosario whether he was still angry that his friends hadn't exacted revenge.

"I wasn't angry with them, sir," Rosario replied.

"Angry because they didn't retaliate?" Coughlin pushed.

"I was mad, but I wasn't angry," he said.

Rosario told Cummings he later learned that there were shootings in response to the attack on him.

"They was out shooting people, but nobody every got shot. Nobody ever died," Rosario said.

Rosario was not an original suspect in Operation Dead End but came to the attention of authorities a month later when his friend, was shot behind a liquor store in Neptune Township. He said it was after that incident when he decided to tell authorities all he knew, even if it meant implicating friends he's known since elementary school.

"I gave them everything. At first I didn't want to do it because it was Haneef Walker -- I didn't want to do it to him," he said.

German, 48, is being tried along with Fair and Walker, but he fled to North Carolina two weeks into the trial. He was apprehended last week outside of Raleigh, NC, and is awaiting extradition to New Jersey.

Fair faces 118 counts. He is charged, among other offenses, with racketeering conspiracy and promoting organized street crime.

Walker faces 53 counts, including racketeering conspiracy, armed robbery and weapons offenses.

German, a 16-year veteran before he was fired, faces nine counts, including official misconduct and unauthorized access of a computer database.

They were arrested in February 2014 along with more than four dozen others as part of Operation Dead End, an investigation into drug and gun violence in Asbury Park.

The case, before Superior Court Judge Joseph Oxley, is expected to resume July 18 after a week's break for a previously scheduled vacation for one of the defense attorneys.

Southwarddevil
underboss
underboss
Affiliation: ABG/EBK

Re: Jersey: ex crip testifies at bloods trial (speaks on being mad when he got shot & nobody retialiated 4 him)

Post by Southwarddevil » July 8th, 2017, 9:12 pm

:lmao:

angermanegment
superior
superior
Affiliation: Neutral

Re: Jersey: ex crip testifies at bloods trial (speaks on being mad when he got shot & nobody retialiated 4 him)

Post by angermanegment » July 8th, 2017, 9:35 pm

:lmao: :sike:

HarlemWorldATL
oog
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » July 8th, 2017, 9:58 pm

Niggas need to ride for they homies especially if they acting like they like that.then shit like this wouldn't happen lol

I feel son pain cuz my niggas who were both bloods and crips didn't ride for me when I got jumped even tho they was acting like they was built like that n told me if anything happened to me they would handle it cuz they got my back etc etc.I wouldn't snitch on them niggas tho lol

Southwarddevil
underboss
underboss
Affiliation: ABG/EBK

Post by Southwarddevil » July 8th, 2017, 10:12 pm

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
July 8th, 2017, 9:58 pm
Niggas need to ride for they homies especially if they acting like they like that.then shit like this wouldn't happen lol

I feel son pain cuz my niggas who were both bloods and crips didn't ride for me when I got jumped even tho they was acting like they was built like that n told me if anything happened to me they would handle it cuz they got my back etc etc.I wouldn't snitch on them niggas tho lol
true :lol:

but who knows he probably did something to deserve it :lol:

360 Degrees
foot soldier
foot soldier
Region: Nationwide

Post by 360 Degrees » July 12th, 2017, 2:40 am

If I had a dollar for every time I heard a story about a nigga getting killed and his gang or click not getting revenge...I'd have a bag or two fa sho!

Family > Gang/Click

angermanegment
superior
superior

Post by angermanegment » July 12th, 2017, 2:42 am

360 Degrees wrote:
July 12th, 2017, 2:40 am
If I had a dollar for every time I heard a story about a nigga getting killed and his gang or click not getting revenge...I'd have a bag or two fa sho!

Family > Gang/Click

:lmao: