Miami in 1998?

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » April 27th, 2015, 4:02 pm

Wonderin what yall can tell me bout how life was like in Miami in 1998 :ohhh:

workin on doin a project for GTA Vice City and trying to bring it up to 1998... :shrug:




colonel
colonel
User avatar
Posts: 659
Joined: December 8th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Location: No Limits
Region: South
Affiliation: FTP

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby SGDz » April 28th, 2015, 12:37 am

EvanJellyDonut wrote:Wonderin what yall can tell me bout how life was like in Miami in 1998 :ohhh:

workin on doin a project for GTA Vice City and trying to bring it up to 1998... :shrug:


What exactly do you want to know?

prospect
Posts: 60
Joined: March 28th, 2015, 3:08 am
Region: West
Affiliation: Neutral

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby 1234554321 » April 28th, 2015, 1:29 am

EvanJellyDonut wrote:Damn, K-Loc fakin the funk :ohhh:

we should make a topic of all the fakes on this site just so niggas know not to associate with em...

suckersider619er

HeadSucker4

Pedo-Loc

DREAD

jordan harri$
:2cents:

Image :ohhh:

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » April 28th, 2015, 5:00 pm

SGDZ wrote:
EvanJellyDonut wrote:Wonderin what yall can tell me bout how life was like in Miami in 1998 :ohhh:

workin on doin a project for GTA Vice City and trying to bring it up to 1998... :shrug:


What exactly do you want to know?

just how things were, from both sides... how the ghettos were and how the club shit was...

:shrug:

colonel
colonel
User avatar
Posts: 659
Joined: December 8th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Location: No Limits
Region: South
Affiliation: FTP

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby SGDz » April 30th, 2015, 1:03 am

EvanJellyDonut wrote:
SGDZ wrote:
EvanJellyDonut wrote:Wonderin what yall can tell me bout how life was like in Miami in 1998 :ohhh:

workin on doin a project for GTA Vice City and trying to bring it up to 1998... :shrug:


What exactly do you want to know?

just how things were, from both sides... how the ghettos were and how the club shit was...

:shrug:


It was definitely more live than it is now. Not live as in violence (even though its always been violent) but just all around more energy and things to get into. I never been a club-goer so I can't speak on that too much but as far as the ghettos they've really changed a lot as far as who's running what and where and why.

You're going to have to be specific on what you want to know though. Miami's not that big of a city but there's a lot going on.

major
major
Posts: 575
Joined: September 18th, 2014, 8:40 am
Region: South
Affiliation: Neutral

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby SolidT15th » April 30th, 2015, 8:45 am

Say homie ...I fucc with that cat Gunplay...I'm feelin some of his music ......saw a pic of him showing all his tats on his bacc.....saw that giant swastika....he a SD or some shit? I forgot which ones use that symbol

colonel
colonel
User avatar
Posts: 659
Joined: December 8th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Location: No Limits
Region: South
Affiliation: FTP

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby SGDz » May 1st, 2015, 12:26 am

SolidT15th wrote:Say homie ...I fucc with that cat Gunplay...I'm feelin some of his music ......saw a pic of him showing all his tats on his bacc.....saw that giant swastika....he a SD or some shit? I forgot which ones use that symbol


I don't know if Gunplay bangs but MLDs use the swastika.

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » May 1st, 2015, 10:47 pm

SGDZ wrote:
EvanJellyDonut wrote:
SGDZ wrote:
EvanJellyDonut wrote:Wonderin what yall can tell me bout how life was like in Miami in 1998 :ohhh:

workin on doin a project for GTA Vice City and trying to bring it up to 1998... :shrug:


What exactly do you want to know?

just how things were, from both sides... how the ghettos were and how the club shit was...

:shrug:


It was definitely more live than it is now. Not live as in violence (even though its always been violent) but just all around more energy and things to get into. I never been a club-goer so I can't speak on that too much but as far as the ghettos they've really changed a lot as far as who's running what and where and why.

You're going to have to be specific on what you want to know though. Miami's not that big of a city but there's a lot going on.


Well Ima be using this map so if you can tell me about anything with the districts that would be good :tiphat:

Like popular club spots and stores and hoods and what gangs was out back then...

Image

Heres the map rendered in the program im using...

Image

im usin the old GTA 1 Vice City map since it was more based on miami than GTA Vice Citys map :shrug:

colonel
colonel
User avatar
Posts: 659
Joined: December 8th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Location: No Limits
Region: South
Affiliation: FTP

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby SGDz » May 4th, 2015, 11:57 pm

EvanJellyDonut wrote:
SGDZ wrote:
EvanJellyDonut wrote:
SGDZ wrote:
EvanJellyDonut wrote:Wonderin what yall can tell me bout how life was like in Miami in 1998 :ohhh:

workin on doin a project for GTA Vice City and trying to bring it up to 1998... :shrug:


What exactly do you want to know?

just how things were, from both sides... how the ghettos were and how the club shit was...

:shrug:


It was definitely more live than it is now. Not live as in violence (even though its always been violent) but just all around more energy and things to get into. I never been a club-goer so I can't speak on that too much but as far as the ghettos they've really changed a lot as far as who's running what and where and why.

You're going to have to be specific on what you want to know though. Miami's not that big of a city but there's a lot going on.


Well Ima be using this map so if you can tell me about anything with the districts that would be good :tiphat:

Like popular club spots and stores and hoods and what gangs was out back then...

Image

Heres the map rendered in the program im using...

Image

im usin the old GTA 1 Vice City map since it was more based on miami than GTA Vice Citys map :shrug:


That's pretty interesting but in those days Cloud Nine, Zoe Pound, IP, and Boobie Boys/John Does were doing their thing big time. There are a few more who are/were more organized or had more weight but those need not be mentioned since they've never made any headlines. Boobies were just sick, Zoe Pound...nuff said, Cloud Nine (mainly out of Broward) were heavyweighters, and IP did their thing but nowhere on the level of the others. There are so many others who do their thing on the daily. Back in those days you coucould've gotten robbed shot at etc and not have the slightest clue as to who was responsible. South Florida esp Miami is ran by cliques and neighborhoods more than anything else.

A lot of those club spots are gone now but for corner stores a lot of them don't even have names so we'd call them by the owners name. For a standard corner store it's either Kwik Stop or hood ass Farm Store or ya basic 711.

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » May 5th, 2015, 1:21 am

:lol: alright, I know some dude did a few zoe character models a while back so ima use them. tho what does IP stand for?


Image


Image



also what can ya tell me bout the music?

I mean I did a few playlists to give it that sunny every day a good day vibe that miami had back then...

Florida Bass Station - A Contemporary Hip Hop station mostly composed of the "Miami Bass" Genre that was popular in the 80s and 90s... The name is reference to both the Genre Miami Bass and A club in Miami called "The Bass Station" which was popular in the 80s and 90s and played Miami Bass...


:shrug2:

wonderin what else I should include...

colonel
colonel
User avatar
Posts: 659
Joined: December 8th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Location: No Limits
Region: South
Affiliation: FTP

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby SGDz » May 5th, 2015, 3:12 pm

INP/IP is the International Posse. They've been around for what seems like forever. There's many other groups out here though. Mad Haitian, American black, and Cuban crews/cartels aound here. I like those characters btw.

Music-wise you can't bring up 90s Miami music without mentioning Trick Daddy, Deuce Papi, Uncle Luke, and the whole Slip-N-Slide crew (Trina, Rick Ross, etc). We also hear Haitian kompa and Latin salsa on a daily basis here.

Aside from the above we have our local music guys but asidr from those mentioned above we listen to lots of borderline commercial and underground stuff like 90s Three Six Mafia, UGK, Goodie Mob, Field Mob, and 8ball and MJG. Some of the other fellas that actually live in Miami could probably help you with more unknown artists that are local.

Is this something you do as a hobby or will you release to the public what you create? What else do you want to know?

If you're going to create a Miami based game then I'd say definitely include Carol City, Opa Locka, Lil Haiti, Liberty City, Overtown, North Miami, Allapattah, Hialeah, and Lil Havana.

superior
superior
User avatar
Posts: 4638
Joined: April 29th, 2015, 3:35 pm
Location: Murda Mass
Region: North East
Affiliation: Cats Are Fucking Cute and Adorable Gang :)

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 8th, 2015, 2:38 am

SolidT15th wrote:Say homie ...I fucc with that cat Gunplay...I'm feelin some of his music ......saw a pic of him showing all his tats on his bacc.....saw that giant swastika....he a SD or some shit? I forgot which ones use that symbol

probably GDN

captain
captain
Posts: 484
Joined: October 16th, 2013, 6:21 pm
Location: Under My Crown
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: 360...no more no less :•:

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby AllidoisFIN » May 9th, 2015, 6:41 am

Gunplay was on some hood shit until rap then hopped on UBN dick like Ross because of Torch. But to the gang part, Zoe was just coming up in the late 90s. Back then if you want names of OT mobs you have LK, Latin Souls, SD, MLD, SGD, LRZ, but to be honest only a few of those were known outside of a 50 mile radius. But still you could use those if you needed a lot of groups out of owners would recognize since you are making all that other shit.

superior
superior
Posts: 4573
Joined: February 28th, 2015, 12:46 am
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Money

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby 441 » May 14th, 2015, 10:34 am

:lol:

colonel
colonel
User avatar
Posts: 693
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 11:30 pm
Region: South
Affiliation: Neutral

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby Cheech » May 14th, 2015, 1:22 pm

the grove and south beach was the hangout spot for gang bangers from all over dade. this obviously led to a lot of fighting and shooting even tho its a tourist/rich people spot. that is probably why all that shit got shut down in the late 90s and gangs have never been the same since.

superior
superior
Posts: 4573
Joined: February 28th, 2015, 12:46 am
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Money

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby 441 » May 15th, 2015, 12:16 am

Yo my ex is from Miami.. Florida hands down in my opinion got the best bitches.. I miss her fine ass I fucced it all up when I moved to Ohio to get this job.. So yeah I picced money over my bitch. She grew up in Souf Cacc tho but was originally from Miami.. I went down there for a week with her and her family and that shit was blutiful I mean that FL was on point. Didn't really pay attention to the hoods or gangs out there cause I was too busy eating her ass lol but I fuccs with Florida just because of her.

superior
superior
Posts: 4573
Joined: February 28th, 2015, 12:46 am
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Money

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby 441 » May 16th, 2015, 2:49 am

I'm out for presidents to represent me.. Say what?? I'm out for presidents to represent me. Say what?? I'm out for DEAD PRESIDENTS to represent me........

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » May 16th, 2015, 4:09 am

SGDZ wrote:INP/IP is the International Posse. They've been around for what seems like forever. There's many other groups out here though. Mad Haitian, American black, and Cuban crews/cartels aound here. I like those characters btw.

Music-wise you can't bring up 90s Miami music without mentioning Trick Daddy, Deuce Papi, Uncle Luke, and the whole Slip-N-Slide crew (Trina, Rick Ross, etc). We also hear Haitian kompa and Latin salsa on a daily basis here.

Aside from the above we have our local music guys but asidr from those mentioned above we listen to lots of borderline commercial and underground stuff like 90s Three Six Mafia, UGK, Goodie Mob, Field Mob, and 8ball and MJG. Some of the other fellas that actually live in Miami could probably help you with more unknown artists that are local.

Is this something you do as a hobby or will you release to the public what you create? What else do you want to know?

If you're going to create a Miami based game then I'd say definitely include Carol City, Opa Locka, Lil Haiti, Liberty City, Overtown, North Miami, Allapattah, Hialeah, and Lil Havana.


yea I usually do stuff like this as a hobby, but right now Im also doing it for my advanced projects class in college. gotta show some progress for my final...

also, even tho I aint doing it to make money or nothin, alot of game companys be looking through what people make and hiring em off that, even other kinds of companys be doin that too. I want to get some voice acting gig or maybe a job workin on games or somethin

:tiphat:

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » May 16th, 2015, 4:10 am

and yea Ima release it to the public, tho its gonna require you have GTA San Andreas for PC or somethin so that way I dont get sued out my ass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

superior
superior
Posts: 4573
Joined: February 28th, 2015, 12:46 am
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Money

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby 441 » May 16th, 2015, 4:18 am

Yo stop mentioning Miami.. Frfr got me thinking about my ex.

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » June 2nd, 2015, 7:52 pm

Im also trying to get the map from the scarface game that came out on PS2 and do a better 1980s Miami for GTA IV...


:ohhh: shits bout to be hella real when I get it too...



:salute:

The 80s in Miami was the shit

also Im doin a modern Miami using the Driver 3 map (Bout to extract it right now actually)

so expect to see that on GTA IV too

boss
boss
Posts: 2646
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 6:02 pm
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Neutral

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby HoodProphet » June 3rd, 2015, 6:04 pm

mami vice

superior
superior
Posts: 4573
Joined: February 28th, 2015, 12:46 am
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Money

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby 441 » June 12th, 2015, 5:16 am

Prime example of why this site is getting lame asf

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » June 23rd, 2015, 7:15 pm

Sin-Loc wrote:Prime example of why this site is getting lame asf

:shrug:

Miami is Miami...


Image Image

getting some progress done on a more modern miami setting... the 90s one is on hold for a min...

:salute:

underboss
underboss
User avatar
Posts: 1529
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 8:17 am
Location: Must all who were born of Adam return to Adam? Even at the cost of destroying humanity?
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: Lillim

Re: Miami in 1998?

Postby EvanJellyDonut » June 23rd, 2015, 8:45 pm

Boobie Boy #1 is in the game

Image

Next

Return to South

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests