Worst Housing Project in da Chi

6horty BD
sergeant
sergeant

Worst Housing Project in da Chi

Post by 6horty BD » August 5th, 2011, 9:12 pm

I'm talkin wich was da worst overall to live in wether it be cuz of violence, being dirty as fuckk, drug problems etc. which was do worst?

and we not addin Cabrini cuz everybody thinkks it is da worst, so think of da others weteher you just heard frm stories or whatever. so which ones, i think da Ickies was cuz my auntie use to tell me how badd shit wuz :2cents:

finball_afilliate
underboss
underboss

Re: Worst Housing Project in da Chi

Post by finball_afilliate » August 5th, 2011, 9:19 pm

U kant exclude Cabrini even doe I Neva been there but it got dat rep 4 a reason :2cents: nd frm experience I'ma have to say Rockwell. I lived in dem buildings called st Stephen terrace on Jackson and my cuz used to take me ova in Rockwell alot. Shit was crazy

trapordiee
prospect

Post by trapordiee » August 5th, 2011, 9:23 pm

dis aint 92...but robert taylor homes was da worst....maybe rockwell gardens....

6horty BD
sergeant
sergeant

Post by 6horty BD » August 5th, 2011, 9:37 pm

finball_afilliate wrote:U kant exclude Cabrini even doe I Neva been there but it got dat rep 4 a reason :2cents: nd frm experience I'ma have to say Rockwell. I lived in dem buildings called st Stephen terrace on Jackson and my cuz used to take me ova in Rockwell alot. Shit was crazy
wat made dem crazy?

SIR AMBRO
boss
boss

Post by SIR AMBRO » August 6th, 2011, 2:39 am

THE MANORS...ALTGELD :tiphat:

JoBreed
fresh meat

Post by JoBreed » August 6th, 2011, 7:38 am

The Gardens for OUTWEST (although, the hornets and the vill got it in too)
The Taylors for OUTSOUTH (although, ALL them pj's on the lowend were known for getting it in :2cents: )
: The Ida B.'s, Stateway, Ickes etc
The Greens for the NORTHPOLE by a land slide (obviously WHAT competition)

Pj's are like jungles, one is not much different from another one :2cents: a nigga can get bodied in some Pj's in fucking Arkansas just like he could get bodied in some pj's on the southside of Chicago.

tucifer
general
general

Post by tucifer » August 6th, 2011, 11:18 am

They were all bad. A kid was thrown off the 14th floor in the Darrow Homes. In ONE weekend in Robert Taylor, 30 people were murdered and there were over 300 shootings. Also in the Taylors, an infant was abducted in the hallway in front of 50 witnesses and was never heard from again.

Stateway Gardens had the 'House of Pain' and Cabrini had the most publicized violence due to the fact that it is in close proximity to downtown and wealthy locales.

6horty BD
sergeant
sergeant

Post by 6horty BD » August 6th, 2011, 2:03 pm

tucifer wrote:They were all bad. A kid was thrown off the 14th floor in the Darrow Homes. In ONE weekend in Robert Taylor, 30 people were murdered and there were over 300 shootings. Also in the Taylors, an infant was abducted in the hallway in front of 50 witnesses and was never heard from again.

Stateway Gardens had the 'House of Pain' and Cabrini had the most publicized violence due to the fact that it is in close proximity to downtown and wealthy locales.
:wtf: Goddamn Chicago niggas are grimey...

tucifer
general
general

Post by tucifer » August 6th, 2011, 2:14 pm

I misquoted the info about the Taylors. 300+ shootings in one weekend, 28 murders, 26 of which were gang-related. There's a documentary about the incident at the Darrow Homes. Two kids like 12 years old or so threw a 5 year old to his death b/c he refused to steal candy w/ them.

The CHA was one of the worst things to ever happen to blacks in Chicago.

tucifer
general
general

Post by tucifer » August 6th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Eric Morse was the 5 year old dropped to his death by a 10 year old and an 11 year old boy.

http://www.viewfromtheground.com/archiv ... rt-ii.html

I'm going to compile a thread about all the infamous incidents in Chicago's projects and surrounding the gang life.

6horty BD
sergeant
sergeant

Post by 6horty BD » August 6th, 2011, 2:42 pm

tucifer wrote:I misquoted the info about the Taylors. 300+ shootings in one weekend, 28 murders, 26 of which were gang-related. There's a documentary about the incident at the Darrow Homes. Two kids like 12 years old or so threw a 5 year old to his death b/c he refused to steal candy w/ them.

and wen dey knocked dem down, is that when shit got worst for da chi?

tucifer
general
general

Post by tucifer » August 6th, 2011, 2:59 pm

6horty BD wrote:
tucifer wrote:I misquoted the info about the Taylors. 300+ shootings in one weekend, 28 murders, 26 of which were gang-related. There's a documentary about the incident at the Darrow Homes. Two kids like 12 years old or so threw a 5 year old to his death b/c he refused to steal candy w/ them.

and wen dey knocked dem down, is that when shit got worst for da chi?
2003 Chi was the murder capital, and much of that can be attributed to the displacement of thousands from the razed projects to other hoods in the city. You displace entire gangs and illegal commerce in say Cabrini Green and move them to section 8 housing spread throughout the city, some in Roseland, some in Austin etc. The gangsters and dealers are going to do what they do, sell dope...however, there are already established mobz out in those neighborhoods so of course there is going to be friction.

Tearing down the high-rise projects was a good idea, but the damage had already been done for decades. It took 40 or so years to reconsider the high-rise idea in Chicago. There may have been some poor outcomes temporarily, but now that those projects are gone, the city is safer (at least in those neighborhoods) and more economic development has occurred in the West Loop, Bronzeville, Old Town/Gold Coast (former Cabrini Green site), and Bronzeville.

GradeASheet
fresh meat

Post by GradeASheet » September 15th, 2013, 10:53 pm

/\ hee aitt lyin... theres a bunchh of new development on the low ed now all the way to bronzeville... i actually seen white ppl in the 40s n 50s last week... (the ddearbons are stll there ~theyre lowrrises but sill gutterr as uck. ) ...i digrress iits aa LOT safer ON state but thats cause itts a uuckin ghost town c.grove nn MLKs onlyy slightly bette but shiit d bbe williin to stay ovver there over washiington park o the wood in a heartbeat ... on what other dude was askin, yeah otther parts o the city dddiid get worse but like buddy above me said you brig a new crew n hustle someone elses land yyoure bound to hhave roblems... chicagos jus a iolent place.. alwas has been always will be... and the world goes round. :rip: daily n the ciity w no pity

Chi-Raq
colonel
colonel

Post by Chi-Raq » September 15th, 2013, 11:00 pm

its a different between garden homes townhouse apartments , i dont consider them projects , but they are hood

the high rises were the projects ....and to the city crimes dropped after the projects started fallen and the cameras went up in the early 2000s .our murder toll was double what it was on average today !!!!!

tucifer
general
general

Post by tucifer » September 16th, 2013, 6:22 pm

The Taylors
The Hornets
The Greens

the worst three.

STFU
underboss
underboss

Post by STFU » September 17th, 2013, 7:59 am

Add stateway

FreshBoyRico
soldier
soldier

Post by FreshBoyRico » July 29th, 2017, 2:50 pm

:yeyes:

Lilspadechoppa9
fresh meat

Post by Lilspadechoppa9 » July 29th, 2017, 5:53 pm

On folk y'all make 5$ a gram grab da turf

DaSuperSavage
underboss
underboss

Post by DaSuperSavage » July 30th, 2017, 2:21 am

Robert Taylor projects was the poorest and most dangerous in the country in its prime :2cents:

nmyownzone
foot soldier
foot soldier

Post by nmyownzone » August 12th, 2017, 6:58 pm

DaSuperSavage wrote:
July 30th, 2017, 2:21 am
Robert Taylor projects was the poorest and most dangerous in the country in its prime :2cents:
I heard a lot about the Taylors outsouth on the lowend with the GDs, BDs and MCs

But just think, outwest with the Hornets who had GDs, Vice Lords, Foes, Gangster Stones (niggas forget the BDs 2245 Lake St. extensions) ALL were operating outta DoubleH so just imagine that.......Just as grimey inside and out!!!!!

The Hornets manufactured LEGENDS:
King Moose
TFly
Lo
DoubleH BD Minister was MORE embraced outsouth and intune than "Don Dirk" FACTS!!!
RIP Folks Gnemm
:2cents: