Insane Popes Nation (Southside)

LouieG
prospect

Insane Popes Nation (Southside)

Post by LouieG » August 13th, 2010, 11:20 am

Insane Unknowns Nation is a People/Brother Mob made up of mostly whites and latinos.

Their colors are White and Black.

Their symbols include a Grim Reaper, Cross w/2 slashes & Halo, Diamond (half White half Black), Tophat w/Cane, 5 point Star

Some of their spin off sets include the Almighty Popes.

The Insane Popes are said to have originated by a group of individuals inspired by Larry "Larkin" Morris in the mid 1970's. Larkin was the current leader of the Northside Insane Popes street gang. The group of individuals were originally members of a White neighborhood gang known as the "L-A Boys". The ethnic make-up of this group was mostly Polish with few Irish, German, and Greek members. Under the leadership of "Big John", the L-A Boys merged into the Southside chapter of Insane Popes. While the Northside Popes had the colors of Blue, Larkin granted the Southsiders request to keep their original colors of White & Black. Larkin was later killed by members of the Gaylords on the Northside in 1975. Later in the early 1980's, Mike "Conan" Hamilton, Steve "Reaper" Boggs, and John "Red" Crocker would assume leadership of the Southside Insane Popes. Under their leadership the Popes would spread their influence through-out South Chicago and Chicagoland suburbs. In any event, the Southside Popes would go on to develop independently from the Northside Insane Popes. In 1978 the Northside Insane Popes followed suit with the Simon City Royals and joined the Folks alliance. At this time, the Southside Popes were bitter enemies with various other Folks gangs, such as the Satan Disciples and Two-Six. In any event, the Southside Popes refused to join the Folks alliance and in result further carried out the splinter between the Northside and Southside Popes. Soon after the the Southside Popes started to develop a relationship with the 12th Street Players and Latin Kings street gangs. At one point the 12th Street Players and Southside Popes created a inner-alliance similar to the "Royal-Popes" on the Northside known as the "Player-Popes". This title was short-lived and eventually faded out. The Insane Popes joined the People alliance in 1980. After their emergence in the People alliance, they continued comradeship to the 12th Street Players and Morgan Latin Kings. The Insane Popes also developed a tight-knit relationship with a group of White Conservative Vice Lords known as the "South End C's" in the vicinity of 47th & Cicero. The gangs initial operations were graffiti, drug-sales, and theft. By the mid 1980's, the Popes had established a base of operations in the Archer Heights community around the vicinity of Archer Park. The gangs primary focus has centered around making money; focusing little on "gang-banging", although they are staunch enemies with the Gangster Two-Six and Satan Disciples street gangs.

In the late 1980's, Chris Hamilton, younger brother of Mike Hamilton, and Marty Lorenzo formed the Almighty Popes. The formation of the new organization was due to disagreements over the management of the Insane Popes organization. It is rumored that Mike Hamilton did not give his younger brother enough "respect" in gang decisions. The Almighty Popes grew at a tremendous pace, establishing bases in Elsdon, Central Stickney, and a strong presence in the Clearing district. However, as quickly as the Almighty Popes rose, they fell. Internal conflict, lack of cohesion, and arrests of top gang leaders led to their ultimate demise. In the early 1990's, a member of the Clearing area Almighty Popes fatally shot two teenage girls in apparent attempt to shoot rival gang members. In the eyes of law enforcement, the Almighty Popes were a subgroup of the Insane Popes. Therefore, law enforcement began to target both organizations. Several high-ranking Almighty Popes, including reputed leader Matthew Sopron and his under-boss Wayne Antusas, were arrested and then convicted in connection with the murder. As a result, police pressure intensified against the Popes, forcing them out of the Clearing area, and limiting their operation in many other area's of the city. Many members of the gang "flipped", becoming members of the Insane Popes, 12th Street Players, or Conservative Vice Lords. However, the Insane Popes continue to operate in area's of South Chicago and the Archer Heights community, although not as strong as they once were, they are known to make a nice profit from drug sells. Nevertheless, the Insane Popes have made attempts to re-establish themselves making in-roads to several other communities in South Chicago, including the Hegewisch and Beverly neighborhoods. The gangs primary criminal involvement has consisted of graffiti, drug trafficking, assault, armed robbery, theft, shootings, and murder.

AIPZ
fresh meat

Re: Insane Popes Nation (Southside)

Post by AIPZ » February 14th, 2011, 10:36 pm

ALMIGHTY INSANE POPES STILL ALIVE AND STRONG 34TH N HAMILTON HOYNE PARK PZ

ARCHER-P-
sergeant
sergeant

Post by ARCHER-P- » February 15th, 2011, 7:13 pm

LouieG wrote:Insane Unknowns Nation is a People/Brother Mob made up of mostly whites and latinos.

Their colors are White and Black.

Their symbols include a Grim Reaper, Cross w/2 slashes & Halo, Diamond (half White half Black), Tophat w/Cane, 5 point Star

Some of their spin off sets include the Almighty Popes.

The Insane Popes are said to have originated by a group of individuals inspired by Larry "Larkin" Morris in the mid 1970's. Larkin was the current leader of the Northside Insane Popes street gang. The group of individuals were originally members of a White neighborhood gang known as the "L-A Boys". The ethnic make-up of this group was mostly Polish with few Irish, German, and Greek members. Under the leadership of "Big John", the L-A Boys merged into the Southside chapter of Insane Popes. While the Northside Popes had the colors of Blue, Larkin granted the Southsiders request to keep their original colors of White & Black. Larkin was later killed by members of the Gaylords on the Northside in 1975. Later in the early 1980's, Mike "Conan" Hamilton, Steve "Reaper" Boggs, and John "Red" Crocker would assume leadership of the Southside Insane Popes. Under their leadership the Popes would spread their influence through-out South Chicago and Chicagoland suburbs. In any event, the Southside Popes would go on to develop independently from the Northside Insane Popes. In 1978 the Northside Insane Popes followed suit with the Simon City Royals and joined the Folks alliance. At this time, the Southside Popes were bitter enemies with various other Folks gangs, such as the Satan Disciples and Two-Six. In any event, the Southside Popes refused to join the Folks alliance and in result further carried out the splinter between the Northside and Southside Popes. Soon after the the Southside Popes started to develop a relationship with the 12th Street Players and Latin Kings thehoodup. At one point the 12th Street Players and Southside Popes created a inner-alliance similar to the "Royal-Popes" on the Northside known as the "Player-Popes". This title was short-lived and eventually faded out. The Insane Popes joined the People alliance in 1980. After their emergence in the People alliance, they continued comradeship to the 12th Street Players and Morgan Latin Kings. The Insane Popes also developed a tight-knit relationship with a group of White Conservative Vice Lords known as the "South End C's" in the vicinity of 47th & Cicero. The gangs initial operations were graffiti, drug-sales, and theft. By the mid 1980's, the Popes had established a base of operations in the Archer Heights community around the vicinity of Archer Park. The gangs primary focus has centered around making money; focusing little on "gang-banging", although they are staunch enemies with the Gangster Two-Six and Satan Disciples thehoodup.

In the late 1980's, Chris Hamilton, younger brother of Mike Hamilton, and Marty Lorenzo formed the Almighty Popes. The formation of the new organization was due to disagreements over the management of the Insane Popes organization. It is rumored that Mike Hamilton did not give his younger brother enough "respect" in gang decisions. The Almighty Popes grew at a tremendous pace, establishing bases in Elsdon, Central Stickney, and a strong presence in the Clearing district. However, as quickly as the Almighty Popes rose, they fell. Internal conflict, lack of cohesion, and arrests of top gang leaders led to their ultimate demise. In the early 1990's, a member of the Clearing area Almighty Popes fatally shot two teenage girls in apparent attempt to shoot rival gang members. In the eyes of law enforcement, the Almighty Popes were a subgroup of the Insane Popes. Therefore, law enforcement began to target both organizations. Several high-ranking Almighty Popes, including reputed leader Matthew Sopron and his under-boss Wayne Antusas, were arrested and then convicted in connection with the murder. As a result, police pressure intensified against the Popes, forcing them out of the Clearing area, and limiting their operation in many other area's of the city. Many members of the gang "flipped", becoming members of the Insane Popes, 12th Street Players, or Conservative Vice Lords. However, the Insane Popes continue to operate in area's of South Chicago and the Archer Heights community, although not as strong as they once were, they are known to make a nice profit from drug sells. Nevertheless, the Insane Popes have made attempts to re-establish themselves making in-roads to several other communities in South Chicago, including the Hegewisch and Beverly neighborhoods. The gangs primary criminal involvement has consisted of graffiti, drug trafficking, assault, armed robbery, theft, shootings, and murder.-----------------REAPER RIP --RED WERENT EVEN EVEN IN THEIR TEENS IN EARLY 80S -----1984 THEY WERE 10 YRS OLD -HALF THE SHT THEY WRITE ABOUT SOUTHSIDE POPES IS BS-

KING-HOLLYWOOD
oog
oog

Post by KING-HOLLYWOOD » February 16th, 2011, 9:41 pm

AIPZ wrote:ALMIGHTY INSANE POPES STILL ALIVE AND STRONG 34TH N HAMILTON HOYNE PARK PZ
AND WHAT ABOUT THA INSANE POPES???ARE THEY STILL AROUND???I KNOW THEY RYDE UNDER THA ROYAL BANNER

ARCHER-P-
sergeant
sergeant

Post by ARCHER-P- » February 17th, 2011, 10:45 pm

-POPES STARTED AS ALMIGHTY POPES ON NORTHSIDE- THEN ADDED INSANE TO IT -THE SOUTHSIDE POPES ARE ALMIGHTY INSANE POPES RIDE WITH THE 5 THE NORTHSIDE I THINK THERE SOME STILL LEFT AND DONT KNOW IF THEY STILL TIGHT WITH ROLAIDS BUT IM SURE THEY ARE -THERE WAS CONTACT BETWEEN SOUTHSIDE -NORTHSIDE BACK IN 70S BUT WHEN THEY TURNED YOLKS WE WENT SEPERATE WAY AND DO OUR OWN THING EVEN SINCE THE BEGINNING OUR COLORS WERE DIFFERENT -WERE BLACK-WHITE

KING-HOLLYWOOD
oog
oog

Post by KING-HOLLYWOOD » February 17th, 2011, 10:52 pm

ARCHER-P- wrote:-POPES STARTED AS ALMIGHTY POPES ON NORTHSIDE- THEN ADDED INSANE TO IT -THE SOUTHSIDE POPES ARE ALMIGHTY INSANE POPES RIDE WITH THE 5 THE NORTHSIDE I THINK THERE SOME STILL LEFT AND DONT KNOW IF THEY STILL TIGHT WITH ROLAIDS BUT IM SURE THEY ARE -THERE WAS CONTACT BETWEEN SOUTHSIDE -NORTHSIDE BACK IN 70S BUT WHEN THEY TURNED YOLKS WE WENT SEPERATE WAY AND DO OUR OWN THING EVEN SINCE THE BEGINNING OUR COLORS WERE DIFFERENT -WERE BLACK-WHITE
MY MAN...........THA SOUTHSIDE IS THEE ALMIGHTY POPES..............AND THA NORTHSIDE IS THEE INSANE POPES........SEE THA DIFFERENCE???.........AND THEY STILL RYDE UNDER THA ROYAL BANNER..............I'M SURPRISED YA'LL NEVER WENT UNDER THA ROYAL BANNER???

ARCHER-P-
sergeant
sergeant

Post by ARCHER-P- » February 18th, 2011, 8:34 pm

--WE ON THE SOUTHSIDE ARE INSANE POPES- JUST ALMIGHTY INSANE POPES -ALMIGHTY POPES WAS FORMED ON SOUTHSIDE CUZ OF A CIVIL WAR BETWEEN SOUTHSIDE ALMIGHTY INSANE POPES @1994 FAR AS BEING UNDER THE ROLAID BANNER MAYBE WHEN WE GOT STARTED IN 70S BUT I THINK IT WAS FOR HOT MINUTE AND IT PROBABLY WAS CUZ WE GOT STARTED FROM THE NORTHSIDE POPES AND THEN DID OUR THING WE WERE PART OF THE POPES NATION IN CHICAGO BUT WE WERE THE SOUTHSIDE BRANCH OF THE NATION WHEN NORTHSIDE TURNED YOLKS -WE DID NOT AND THEN LATER WE TURNED PEOPLE CUZ WE ALWAYS BEEN FIGHTIN DONUTS-BUNNIES AND THE REST OF THEM KIND -IM FROM AROUND MID-80S BUT LIVED IN HOOD MAJORITY MY LIFE B4 THAT SO I KNOW POPES HISTORY -AND WHEN I HOOKED UP 5-6 WAS GOIN FULL FORCE

KING-HOLLYWOOD
oog
oog

Post by KING-HOLLYWOOD » February 18th, 2011, 9:21 pm

ARCHER-P- wrote:--WE ON THE SOUTHSIDE ARE INSANE POPES- JUST ALMIGHTY INSANE POPES -ALMIGHTY POPES WAS FORMED ON SOUTHSIDE CUZ OF A CIVIL WAR BETWEEN SOUTHSIDE ALMIGHTY INSANE POPES @1994 FAR AS BEING UNDER THE ROLAID BANNER MAYBE WHEN WE GOT STARTED IN 70S BUT I THINK IT WAS FOR HOT MINUTE AND IT PROBABLY WAS CUZ WE GOT STARTED FROM THE NORTHSIDE POPES AND THEN DID OUR THING WE WERE PART OF THE POPES NATION IN CHICAGO BUT WE WERE THE SOUTHSIDE BRANCH OF THE NATION WHEN NORTHSIDE TURNED YOLKS -WE DID NOT AND THEN LATER WE TURNED PEOPLE CUZ WE ALWAYS BEEN FIGHTIN DONUTS-BUNNIES AND THE REST OF THEM KIND -IM FROM AROUND MID-80S BUT LIVED IN HOOD MAJORITY MY LIFE B4 THAT SO I KNOW POPES HISTORY -AND WHEN I HOOKED UP 5-6 WAS GOIN FULL FORCE
I SEE..............SO YA'LL HAVE NO CONNECTIONS WITH THA ROYALS OR THA INSANE POPES???

ARCHER-P-
sergeant
sergeant

Post by ARCHER-P- » February 19th, 2011, 7:12 am

NONE

southboi
captain
captain

Post by southboi » February 19th, 2011, 11:48 am

ya'll use to go at it with them 26 on 79th and lawndale, do any of yall still be over on 83rd by that park or no

KING-HOLLYWOOD
oog
oog

Post by KING-HOLLYWOOD » February 19th, 2011, 4:15 pm

ARCHER-P- wrote:NONE
WELL HAVE YA'LL TRY TO AT LEAST MAKE SUM CONTACTS WITH YOUR LOST BROTHAS???I MEAN YA'LL SHARE THA SAME NAMES FOR PETE SAKE???

ARCHER-P-
sergeant
sergeant

Post by ARCHER-P- » February 19th, 2011, 5:51 pm

JUST LIKE YOU LOOK AT THE MILWAUKEE KINGS THEY ARE KINGS JUST LIKE YOUS ARE KINGS -KNO WHAT IM SAYIN----THERES SITLL SOME BROS FROM 83RD NOT AS VISIBLE AS B4 ---THERE STILL IS POPES IN DIFFERENT HOODS JUST NOT AS DEEP AS WE WERE -ITS A CRIME IN IT SELF TO BE IN A MAJORITY WHITE GANG NOWADAYS -LOL-THE NORTHSIDE CAME WITH SOME YAKS TO PULL A HIT ON VITTUM PARK EARLY 90S -ILL JUST SAY THEY PICKED THE WRONG NIGHT -LOL-

Chippo
boss
boss

Post by Chippo » February 19th, 2011, 6:47 pm

ARCHER-P- wrote:JUST LIKE YOU LOOK AT THE MILWAUKEE KINGS THEY ARE KINGS JUST LIKE YOUS ARE KINGS -KNO WHAT IM SAYIN----THERES SITLL SOME BROS FROM 83RD NOT AS VISIBLE AS B4 ---THERE STILL IS POPES IN DIFFERENT HOODS JUST NOT AS DEEP AS WE WERE -ITS A CRIME IN IT SELF TO BE IN A MAJORITY WHITE GANG NOWADAYS -LOL-THE NORTHSIDE CAME WITH SOME YAKS TO PULL A HIT ON VITTUM PARK EARLY 90S -ILL JUST SAY THEY PICKED THE WRONG NIGHT -LOL-
i heard yall be goin at it hard with the other popes, yall still bangin on eachother out there, or you gonna bring them boys home finball?

KING-HOLLYWOOD
oog
oog

Post by KING-HOLLYWOOD » February 19th, 2011, 10:29 pm

ARCHER-P- wrote:JUST LIKE YOU LOOK AT THE MILWAUKEE KINGS THEY ARE KINGS JUST LIKE YOUS ARE KINGS -KNO WHAT IM SAYIN----THERES SITLL SOME BROS FROM 83RD NOT AS VISIBLE AS B4 ---THERE STILL IS POPES IN DIFFERENT HOODS JUST NOT AS DEEP AS WE WERE -ITS A CRIME IN IT SELF TO BE IN A MAJORITY WHITE GANG NOWADAYS -LOL-THE NORTHSIDE CAME WITH SOME YAKS TO PULL A HIT ON VITTUM PARK EARLY 90S -ILL JUST SAY THEY PICKED THE WRONG NIGHT -LOL-
YEAH BUT THERES A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND US???THEM NIGGAZ BECAME TRAITORS...........SO U CAN'T COUNT THAT..........BESIDES THEE INSANE NORTHSIDE POPES WERE NOT TRAITORS FOR YA'LL...........THEIR JUST LOST.......SO I THINK IS ONLY FAIR FOR YA'LL TO BRING THEM HOME.............THEY NEED TO COME HOME WITH YA'LL.......I MEAN AT LEAST TRY???KNOW WHAT I MEAN

ARCHER-P-
sergeant
sergeant

Post by ARCHER-P- » February 20th, 2011, 1:01 am

WE DONT FIGHT THEM NORTHSIDE POPES WERE TO FAR AWAY FROM EACH OTHER THEY WAY UP NORTH AND TO THEM WERE WAY DOWN SOUTH -----THERE WAS A TIME WHERE THERE WAS TALK OF BEING ONE NATION CITYWIDE POPES AND THE NUMBERS WERE THERE CUZ POPES WERE THE 3RD LARGEST WHITE IN THE CITY AND THE BIGGEST WHITE GANG ON SOUTHSIDE BUT FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD BY OLDER BROS NORTHSIDE BACKED OUT DIDNT SHOW -----NOW THE BRINGING HOME TALK THE NORTHSIDE GOT LOTTA BEEF WITH LK- AND ALLIES AND THERE BEEN SOME KILL SHOTS ON BOTHSIDES I RAN INTO SOME LK FROM LKst LVst AND THEY HATE THEM DUDES FROM WAY BACK -AND IM SURE SOME OF THEM ARE DOWN SO THAT WOULD BE LIKE ASKIN ME FLIP YOLKS ---NEVA ----- IN MY LIFE TIME I RAN INTO 3 OF THEM 1 WAS OLDMAN FROM L-ROCKWELL-COMIN FROM COURT IN THE TUNNELS -THE OTHER DUDE THOUGHT I WAS YOLKS IN BULL PEN WHEN I WAS LIKE IM SOUTHSIDE HE SPUN OFF-AND THE 3RD ONE HE FLIPPED SOUTHSIDE CUZ DIDNT LIKE THE WAY SHT WAS GOIN UP NORTH SO THATS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THEM-WHAT THEY ON -DONT REALLY CARE

Chippo
boss
boss

Post by Chippo » February 20th, 2011, 10:44 am

ARCHER-P- wrote:WE DONT FIGHT THEM NORTHSIDE POPES WERE TO FAR AWAY FROM EACH OTHER THEY WAY UP NORTH AND TO THEM WERE WAY DOWN SOUTH -----THERE WAS A TIME WHERE THERE WAS TALK OF BEING ONE NATION CITYWIDE POPES AND THE NUMBERS WERE THERE CUZ POPES WERE THE 3RD LARGEST WHITE IN THE CITY AND THE BIGGEST WHITE GANG ON SOUTHSIDE BUT FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD BY OLDER BROS NORTHSIDE BACKED OUT DIDNT SHOW -----NOW THE BRINGING HOME TALK THE NORTHSIDE GOT LOTTA BEEF WITH LK- AND ALLIES AND THERE BEEN SOME KILL SHOTS ON BOTHSIDES I RAN INTO SOME LK FROM LKst LVst AND THEY HATE THEM DUDES FROM WAY BACK -AND IM SURE SOME OF THEM ARE DOWN SO THAT WOULD BE LIKE ASKIN ME FLIP YOLKS ---NEVA ----- IN MY LIFE TIME I RAN INTO 3 OF THEM 1 WAS OLDMAN FROM L-ROCKWELL-COMIN FROM COURT IN THE TUNNELS -THE OTHER DUDE THOUGHT I WAS YOLKS IN BULL PEN WHEN I WAS LIKE IM SOUTHSIDE HE SPUN OFF-AND THE 3RD ONE HE FLIPPED SOUTHSIDE CUZ DIDNT LIKE THE WAY SHT WAS GOIN UP NORTH SO THATS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THEM-WHAT THEY ON -DONT REALLY CARE
so yall take popes flippin from the otha side?

ARCHER-P-
sergeant
sergeant

Post by ARCHER-P- » February 20th, 2011, 12:59 pm

DUDE THAT FLIPPED WAS A KNOWN POPE FROM MAYFAIR PARK UP NORTH HE DIDNT LIKE THE WAY SHT WAS HANDLED UP NORTH -HE CAME AROUND THRU SOMEBODY THAT KNEW US REAL GOOD IN THE HOOD AND EVENTUALLY HE FLIPPED SOUTHSIDE CUZ HE SEEN WE WERE ON SOMETHING -FAR AS IF OTHERS WOULD BE ACCEPTED THAT AINT HAPPENED RECENTALY AND AINT IN LONG TIME AND IF IT EVEN DID IM SURE IT WONT BE EASY KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN

Chippo
boss
boss

Post by Chippo » February 20th, 2011, 2:22 pm

ARCHER-P- wrote:DUDE THAT FLIPPED WAS A KNOWN POPE FROM MAYFAIR PARK UP NORTH HE DIDNT LIKE THE WAY SHT WAS HANDLED UP NORTH -HE CAME AROUND THRU SOMEBODY THAT KNEW US REAL GOOD IN THE HOOD AND EVENTUALLY HE FLIPPED SOUTHSIDE CUZ HE SEEN WE WERE ON SOMETHING -FAR AS IF OTHERS WOULD BE ACCEPTED THAT AINT HAPPENED RECENTALY AND AINT IN LONG TIME AND IF IT EVEN DID IM SURE IT WONT BE EASY KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN

yeah i get you 5 :tiphat:

KING-HOLLYWOOD
oog
oog

Post by KING-HOLLYWOOD » February 20th, 2011, 5:25 pm

AND STILL ALKN

G-RED
superior
superior

Post by G-RED » February 20th, 2011, 6:48 pm

LOL MAYNE DEM NS POPES AINT FLIPPIN FIN...DEY LOVE THE FOLKS LIKE THE SS POPES LOVE THE FIN.....SO IT IS WHT IT IS.,...AND THE NS POPES HVE A CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WIT THE ROYALS...DEM NI66AZ AINT BECOMING FIN LOL...AND A NS POPE I KNW TLD ME SUM SS POPES HVE FLIPPED 2 NS.....HE SAID DEY SAW THE BABY BLUE LIGHT :lol: .BUT IM PRETTY SURE SUM NS POPES HVE FLIPPED SS POPE 2.....BUT NS POPES FOLKS.....AND SS FINS....DATZ DA WAY ITZ GNNA STAY.