Gaylords, Simon City Royals, Insane C-Notes, etc.

360 Degrees
foot soldier
foot soldier

Gaylords, Simon City Royals, Insane C-Notes, etc.

Post by 360 Degrees » June 17th, 2016, 6:43 pm

Did these White gangs actually bang bang and slang and get down poverty style in the streets of Chi or were they like greaser gangs that mostly had fist fights and rumbles..a knife fight every so often, etc. I thought these were like the old greaser White gangs but I been seeing some places online talk about them like they were really carrying some real weight and respected and or feared by the larger Latino and Black gangs?

40 OUNCE FEVER
underboss
underboss

Re: Gaylords, Simon City Royals, Insane C-Notes, etc.

Post by 40 OUNCE FEVER » June 17th, 2016, 8:49 pm

360 Degrees wrote:Did these White gangs actually bang bang and slang and get down poverty style in the streets of Chi or were they like greaser gangs that mostly had fist fights and rumbles..a knife fight every so often, etc. I thought these were like the old greaser White gangs but I been seeing some places online talk about them like they were really carrying some real weight and respected and or feared by the larger Latino and Black gangs?
They all started as greaser gangs. In the mid 70's the SCR's and GL's grew in numbers and were both 2-3,000+ deep when the real bangin shit started getting serious. They had some sets in poor hoods that were feared and respected like Southport/Fullerton, Paulina/Cornelia, CP/Wilson, Koz Park, Albany/School... for the Royals. Moffat/Campbell, Palmer St, Lawndale/Altgeld, Kilbourn Park, Sunnyside/Magnolia,.. for the GL's. C-Notes were always relatively small.

The SCR and GL's both went to war with one another in the early 80's while holding their shit well into the late 80's/90's when they both started unraveling from PR gang pressure, drugs and other factors.

The C-Notes became more of a factor on that gangbanging shit in the mid 90's when they started recruiting latinos and they been holding their shit to this day in the Ukrainian Village. Royals mostly latino now too and got some numbers. GL been holding KP for damn near 60 years.

gtae74
fresh meat

Post by gtae74 » June 18th, 2016, 1:31 am

I never seen a Gaylord but I bought weed from plenty of times from cnotes and royals like one time so I guess they slang bang lmao

360 Degrees
foot soldier
foot soldier

Post by 360 Degrees » June 18th, 2016, 10:33 am

I see, preciate the feedback. I watched a youtube video claiming GL were 25,000 deep at one time. Kind of hard to believe, those are massive numbers for ANY gang to hold. Hard to picture White guys in an all White gang claiming Folks and really being about that life..but it was different times and in different city than what I am familiar with so it is what it is.

40 OUNCE FEVER
underboss
underboss

Post by 40 OUNCE FEVER » June 18th, 2016, 10:39 pm

25,000... NO. They maybe had 4, 5,000 at best. GL's united with people nation, SCR's were folks.
Attachments
GL LA 4.jpg
GL LA 4.jpg (36.6 KiB) Viewed 4407 times

_brolic_
superior
superior

Post by _brolic_ » June 18th, 2016, 10:45 pm

:lmao: Some fuckin cornballs

40 OUNCE FEVER
underboss
underboss

Post by 40 OUNCE FEVER » June 18th, 2016, 11:15 pm

_brolic_ wrote::lmao: Some fuckin cornballs
I can see why you'd say some shit like that... Them "cornballs" discombobulated multiple sets of their #1 adversary, and sent many individuals packing... And now they're down in MS running the drug trade and serving meth to you and your doped out family. :lol:

_brolic_
superior
superior

Post by _brolic_ » June 19th, 2016, 10:45 am

:lol: I live outside Atlanta now and Royals ain't shit in MS. If it wasn't for GD protection inside they'd be leaving corrections in body bags on the regular, and they literally hold no turf outside of run down trailer parks. Royals down there are only slightly less of a joke than those North Side Royals in the Chi paying kids to flip and get face tats

40 OUNCE FEVER
underboss
underboss

Post by 40 OUNCE FEVER » June 20th, 2016, 7:31 pm

_brolic_ wrote::lol: I live outside Atlanta now and Royals ain't shit in MS. If it wasn't for GD protection inside they'd be leaving corrections in body bags on the regular, and they literally hold no turf outside of run down trailer parks. Royals down there are only slightly less of a joke than those North Side Royals in the Chi paying kids to flip and get face tats
Damn, ATL huh. I been out there a couple times and it's too humid for me. Probably better than the sip though, in that aspect. But damn, with the way you put it, them royals sound sorry as fuck down there. I was under the impression they held more weight in the system and that they had a grip on more than just trailer parks.

HoodProphet
boss
boss

Post by HoodProphet » June 20th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Show a pictures of the Royals now and you might see one white dude

_brolic_
superior
superior

Post by _brolic_ » June 20th, 2016, 10:38 pm

They talk big, a lot of them in MS call themselves "Mississippi Combat Legion" or MCL but they're numbers in the pen are about even with Aryans and Aryans ain't shit down there. They fam up with any latin Folks they can find in the joint real quick, but really any Latin Folks or SCRs in the Sipp operate at the mercy of the GDs

Fuckcambodians
og
og

Post by Fuckcambodians » June 20th, 2016, 11:19 pm

latin kranks in the 60s :umhm:

^^ latin ckounts in the 60s

40 OUNCE FEVER
underboss
underboss

Post by 40 OUNCE FEVER » June 21st, 2016, 5:55 pm

_brolic_ wrote:They talk big, a lot of them in MS call themselves "Mississippi Combat Legion" or MCL but they're numbers in the pen are about even with Aryans and Aryans ain't shit down there. They fam up with any latin Folks they can find in the joint real quick, but really any Latin Folks or SCRs in the Sipp operate at the mercy of the GDs
MCL :smh:

Fuck that Aryan bullshit. What kind of latin folks down there? Just the usual chitown drop outs and rejects?

_brolic_
superior
superior

Post by _brolic_ » June 21st, 2016, 9:23 pm

Ambrose is probably the biggest currently but La Raza had a fairly large presence in the '80s and '90s until most of their heavy hitters got knocked or killed. They're not all dropouts, a lot of guys from up north rotate through because it's so easy to get guns in MS

chitowntdawg
boss
boss

Post by chitowntdawg » June 23rd, 2016, 1:58 am

Ambrose big in MS really ?

_brolic_
superior
superior

Post by _brolic_ » June 23rd, 2016, 9:19 am

Big relatively. Latin gangs in MS aren't that big to begin with

360 Degrees
foot soldier
foot soldier

Post by 360 Degrees » June 27th, 2016, 7:45 am

Did these White gangs have lit and violations? Did they function like Black and Brown Folks and Peoples gangs or was the structure different?

Neal
underboss
underboss

Post by Neal » June 27th, 2016, 11:45 am

360 Degrees wrote:Did these White gangs have lit and violations? Did they function like Black and Brown Folks and Peoples gangs or was the structure different?
They all had to, in order to be considered a gang in Chicago.

All this shit started from the Stateville prison in the mid-'70s, due to Lord Gino and BK for the Hispanic, Chief Malik and Prince Larry for the Black side.

What did these 4 invent?

-People and Folk Alliance.
-Drive-by shootings, for gang initiation.
-The concept of filled versus unfilled teardrop tattoo, on either left or right side of face.
-Gangs having 2 colors, usually black and another. La Raza are the only Hispanic gang with 3 colors, to match the Mexico flag.
-Gang constitution, prayer, etc.

These 4 are to blame, and whether or not the Hispanics copycatted the Blacks, I don't know, I'm not 1 to say. And for some Black gangs, they were inspired by the Romans and Sicilians.

40 OUNCE FEVER
underboss
underboss

Post by 40 OUNCE FEVER » June 27th, 2016, 7:24 pm

360 Degrees wrote:Did these White gangs have lit and violations? Did they function like Black and Brown Folks and Peoples gangs or was the structure different?
White gangs did and still have initiation rituals and discipline involving V's. Back in the day the structure was much tighter but nothing compared with most black and tino gangs, many sections didn't even really have official leaders, just a few seniors on the block that would randomly call the shots. Most members were usually allowed to fade out of the life without repercussions, which lead to a lot of the decline in members. Besides mainly the royals, most could easily catch V's for using/selling dope until nation veterans became addicted- exceptions were then made. However, ALL have a strict and common creed not to leave their brothers hanging throughout ambush or intense moments of combat. If you did, you better have been reputable and have a good story, but you'd still catch some sorta V. If you was a pee-wee, or junior, most knew they'd get that smashed when they came to the hood, and just kept running until they ran into the arms of another mob or left the gang life altogether.

Crooked$ipp
captain
captain

Post by Crooked$ipp » June 28th, 2016, 5:55 pm

@ 360Degrees

Brolic right about the MCL but the rest is more or less his opinion.

SCR have a renegade offshoot called Insane Knights and I don't know what the issue with that. The Royals deepest in the 228 ( Gulf Coast, esp Biloxi) then 601 and 662. They in a small 228 town banging on GDs n somebody else. They in the JackTown surburbs , Hattiesburg, & Laurel too. They making $ and laying a few bodies down & organized too. Numbers wise , they suppose to be the 3rd deepest mob in the State and LKs really outnumbered. LKs be low key too.

The ABM ( AB of Miss) isn't plug to the original Cali AB but is trying tho. The be on the $ and low key. They not about quantity but quality so they got 100 or so members in the state.

40 OUNCE FEVER
underboss
underboss

Post by 40 OUNCE FEVER » June 30th, 2016, 7:53 pm

Crooked$ipp wrote:@ 360Degrees

Brolic right about the MCL but the rest is more or less his opinion.

SCR have a renegade offshoot called Insane Knights and I don't know what the issue with that. The Royals deepest in the 228 ( Gulf Coast, esp Biloxi) then 601 and 662. They in a small 228 town banging on GDs n somebody else. They in the JackTown surburbs , Hattiesburg, & Laurel too. They making $ and laying a few bodies down & organized too. Numbers wise , they suppose to be the 3rd deepest mob in the State and LKs really outnumbered. LKs be low key too.

The ABM ( AB of Miss) isn't plug to the original Cali AB but is trying tho. The be on the $ and low key. They not about quantity but quality so they got 100 or so members in the state.
:tiphat: Thanks for coming through and shedding some light on the topic. Sounds like SCR's have really established themselves down in the sip.

_brolic_
superior
superior

Post by _brolic_ » June 30th, 2016, 10:34 pm

They in the JackTown surburbs
Because they can only hold down blocks out in Clarion and shit. You talking them up like they're bigger and badder than they are

Allinyourhood
underboss
underboss

Post by Allinyourhood » July 2nd, 2016, 1:51 am

I have respect for the old school white gangs of Chicago cause they started and banged before Mexicans and Puerto Ricans immigrated here and also how the blacks from Mississippi and Alabama migrated north by the thousands and we were all placed in all white hoods and our cultures clashed .
My point is this was all planned to get more demecratic votes and to build more prisons and put more money into politicians which were bribed by a certain religious people to integrate for profit.
Isn't it weird how when the minority came to chicago ,all of the sudden major supplies of armed weapons and drugs became available and some how the new resident of this city had more and just became into gangs due to protecting there selves in the new land .and the white gangs getting invaded by new cultures not knowing ow to deal with a new America changing.

Crooked$ipp
captain
captain

Post by Crooked$ipp » July 2nd, 2016, 10:40 am

_brolic_ wrote:
They in the JackTown surburbs
Because they can only hold down blocks out in Clarion and shit. You talking them up like they're bigger and badder than they are
I don't know about holding down blocks but they're hustling . I'm not trying to talk them up to be big n bad just recalling the arrests of them by police here n there. In JackTown a bunch of royals got locked up for chop shop n dope charge.

Crooked$ipp
captain
captain

Post by Crooked$ipp » July 2nd, 2016, 10:52 am

@Neal

Those 4 leaders wasn't the sole group to kick start the 5/6 , it's White leaders too. It took an effort to pull those leaders under a banner plus street politics.

They didn't "invent" drive bys for initiation nor for it. The fill / unfill tear seems more of a individual standpoint. There's more history to it obviously prior to the 70s.

@Allinyourhood

I think you meant next to white hoods. It's been drugs n guns before and during the migration into the city by blacks. It's just a combination of events in the future that lead to the present .