Gangs in Chicago that don't follow normal urban, ghetto standards

BeboDollaz
major
major
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: Neutral

Gangs in Chicago that don't follow normal urban, ghetto standards

Post by BeboDollaz » February 6th, 2016, 10:34 pm

This is something interesting I was talking to with one of my ex co workers from when I worked in the brickyard.

Dude's an oldschool GL who's mad cool and got old vhs tapes of gang life back then and the whole 9.. Everytime I talk to dude, it's like he's straight out of a oldschool gang documentary

Anyways, he was explaining to me how alot of gangs like Royals turned into this " ghetto urban shit" as he described it.. and told me how gangs like Insane Popes don't fall into that shit.. and how you got some modern day popes who are all about punk rock, listen to punk rock and old folk music , get drunk and have bonfires, bbq, pull out boxing gloves and watch tons of hockey. He said he wanted to be a mentor for the popes these days because they remind him of how Gaylords were back in his day. (He's only 41 i believe but looks like 35).

I think he was talking about Southside Popes .. He then mentioned the Insane Deuces from Canaryville .. Same thing .. Lots of white boys who bang hard , go to the gun range, but otherwise live that baseball , hockey lifestyle.. punk rock and rock music, etc.

Some gang called Chi West that he said is still around..Said the were all a bunch of beer drinking jocks who now run bars rather than blocks

He also mentioned a buncha the gaylords that still exist, who he chills with.. But stuff I already knew since I met him.. He hangs with some gaylord set thats 40 heads deep with like 10-15 heads that are inactive but still hang around.

Just something I found interesting.. How most gangs are about that rap , drill shit, ghetto street shit.. and how some whiteboy gangs that still exist are about that pnk rock lifestyle

Forgot to mention he said the only place he knows where white gangs still go at each other

_brolic_
superior
superior
Region: South
Affiliation: IsraeliteK, SurenoK

Re: Gangs in Chicago that don't follow normal urban, ghetto standards

Post by _brolic_ » February 7th, 2016, 9:06 am

So....you're white?

BeboDollaz
major
major
Affiliation: Neutral

Post by BeboDollaz » February 8th, 2016, 2:08 pm

_brolic_ wrote:So....you're white?
Hahhaa hell no. Light skinned but 100% Rican.. Logan Square born and raised .. practically spent my whole life in Humboldt Park tho. Used to be at every bandera bandera / prican day parade

When you worked since a young age though you talk to all different type of people and it changes your outlook. You stop trying to be one thing .. ie: a thug.. ghetto.. You talk different, you grow up. Doesn't mean you cant party and hang with thugs though.

CryBabyAssNigga
superior
superior
Region: North East
Affiliation: Cats Are Fucking Cute and Adorable Gang :)

Post by CryBabyAssNigga » February 9th, 2016, 5:16 pm

BeboDollaz wrote:
_brolic_ wrote:So....you're white?
Hahhaa hell no. Light skinned but 100% Rican.. Logan Square born and raised .. practically spent my whole life in Humboldt Park tho. Used to be at every bandera bandera / prican day parade

When you worked since a young age though you talk to all different type of people and it changes your outlook. You stop trying to be one thing .. ie: a thug.. ghetto.. You talk different, you grow up. Doesn't mean you cant party and hang with thugs though.
what about C Note Folks

Pookie..
captain
captain
Affiliation: 197

Post by Pookie.. » February 10th, 2016, 8:29 am

:facepalm:

I DONT EVEN NO WHERE TO START