Reality of the Southside (Mostly speaking on the black parts but goes for all)

major
major
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: Neutral

Re: Reality of the Southside (Mostly speaking on the black parts but goes for all)

Postby BeboDollaz » May 18th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Cheech wrote:Self segregating aint racial tension dummy. You would think if there was real racial tension word would get around but all i hear from chicago people is them talking about how they arent about race.

Ive been up in nyc and even the puerto ricans got some of their own blocks seperated from black people and nobody is talking about black-pr beef in nyc

The exception is when different races live in one neighborhood. Different races living in tge same neighborhood isnt normal in america

You're not quite getting it my dude. No disrespect, but it's not just segregation. Racial tensions been flaring off . Someting yo won't understand because you're not in Chicago and you can't see what going on in our news. Past few years mexicans and blacks have been fighting in the communties wehre mexicans are closer to black neighborhoods. The real reason the tensions dont boil over into full out violence is because 93% of the southside is black people.. Mexicans aren't even in numbers for there to be serious tension like in Los Angeles, Compton and other places in California. 5% of the southside is mexican. The other 2% is whites and arabs..

The tension is evident by the fact that black people don't go through or pass throguh mexican neighborhoods on foot and vice versa. Yet on the northside any race can go throguh anywhere and they all assimilate.

Like I said, the comparison is between the southside and northside of chcicago. We're not comparing it to missisipi or calfornia.

superior
superior
Region: North East
Affiliation: Cats Are Fucking Cute and Adorable Gang :)

Re: Reality of the Southside (Mostly speaking on the black parts but goes for all)

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 18th, 2015, 7:40 pm

BeboDollaz wrote:
chitowntdawg wrote:I just responded on a more personal level but every single thing you pointed out is right on point...dont know what the true purpose of the thread was ....online drama??

Nah, I don't care for drama. I got enough with my BM. You're mexcian right? See this thread isn't really addressing you guys. It's majority just about the black people in the most poverty areas of Chicago. But there are some hispanics experiencing these same issues as well.

-----------------------------

Answering DouglasPark:
1) Racial tension is real.

Black people and mexican people will never be seen on the same streets just hanging out or in the same park. If you, DouglasPark don't understand that, you really don't understand the reality of the racial tension on southhside. It's often on the news, in the newspaper, in independant articles. The news doesn't broadcast it as much because it gives Chicago a bad name. This stuff has been goign on forever in Chicago. Just because you never heard about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. All the schools are racially segregated too.

It's not like some 1950s racial tension but it's racial tension. The 2 races don't commune in any way. They stick to their own parts and when the ydon't ,it's alot of violence. The schools are segregated too on the southside. There's been tons of cases of violence between mexicans and black but most are so divided they don't really come at each other. There's alot of evidence for this, articles, news, big reports , etc.

We're not comparing the southside to some super racist hicktown in AMerica. We're comparing SOuthside to northside and the racial tension in comparison is more than evident.. If you're not smart enough to understand this, you really don't belong in this thread. (No offense)
---------------------------------------------

2)Southside gets money? Man, are you delusional or do you not see the bigger picture? Southsdie is swimming in poverty. Do you need stats right in your face for you to understand that? We're comparing this to the Northside, not to New Orleans or some really poverty place taht would make Southside lookw ealthy..

3) Northside just as high as South <--- Northside overall? hell no. West side? Yeah. The Northside has alot of diff people, alot of diff races, professions and businesse. In comparison to the southside, it's not even close. Wont' e ven argue this oen any further. Believe what you want.

4)ON this one, yeah I might have been a little biased because I used to work as a youth mentor on SS and seen alot of bad examples but, overall in comparison the northside, yes, the southside has a huge parenting issue considering more than 70% of black people on the southside grow up with only 1 parent. But besides that, there's alot of shit that proves this.

Again, you haven't been able to prove any of what Is aid wrong. Stop trying to speak for the black community which is mostly what this thread is about. The hispanic community is living better in comparison but alot of hispanic areas still have alot of issues, IE: Back of the Yards

and don't try to call me a drake ass nigga when you're net banging with KK in your name, yet trying to brag about getting ripped off on how much you're paying for an apartment down south. Let me remind you, you're white. You've used terms like "pigeon-holed" int his thread. Stop the tough act. This thread wasn't for you to begin with.

aint Moe Town and Crown Town hanging out plus the Latin Kings have black members on the South Side I just don't see the racial tension SDz got Black Members on the South Side too I seen them before I know a SD chief thats black Snowball a White GD member from Tay City some Dragons got Black Members listening to Mexican Music Hellzone GDz are Latino P Rico he a Puerto Rican and Black he a IGDN member you got alot of videos of Bricksquad fucking with Kings and Two Six and MLDz

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Atheist

Postby Neal » May 18th, 2015, 7:42 pm

This thread title is really named wrong. It's really about Black people in Chicago, particularly low-income. After all, all the things you can generalize about Black people in the South side generally hold true for Black people in the West side. Probably the biggest exception to that is heroin use, since 60% of heroin use is on the West side. I've seen a city-map of CPD heroin arrests, a big chunk on the West side.

I doubt there's any racial tension. Maybe there's racial tension if you force Black people and White people to be friends with each other. Because naturally, they don't mix. So many Chicago Public Schools are 99% Black, and 99% Hispanic, so of course people only make friends predominantly within their race.

superior
superior

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 18th, 2015, 7:45 pm

the only racial tension is I see up north with the Almighty Gaylords scaring black/latino people away :lol:

general
general
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: ~

Postby GANJASMUGGLING » May 18th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Neal wrote:This thread title is really named wrong. It's really about Black people in Chicago, particularly low-income. After all, all the things you can generalize about Black people in the South side generally hold true for Black people in the West side. Probably the biggest exception to that is heroin use, since 60% of heroin use is on the West side. I've seen a city-map of CPD heroin arrests, a big chunk on the West side.

I doubt there's any racial tension. Maybe there's racial tension if you force Black people and White people to be friends with each other. Because naturally, they don't mix. So many Chicago Public Schools are 99% Black, and 99% Hispanic, so of course people only make friends predominantly within their race.

"because naturally they dont mix"

:cmon: :cmon: :cmon:

come the fuck on neal. you really think that doesnt have more to do with the radically different environments blacks and whites are socialized in along with the white bourgeoisie historically implanting within the white working class the notion that blacks and whites are innate foils of each other for the purpose of dividing/neutralizing the proletariat, rather than any real inherent differences between the two?

like i really thought you were smarter than this

boss
boss
Affiliation: Almighty

Postby chitowntdawg » May 18th, 2015, 9:52 pm

Is there segregation ya because alotta people prefer to live with their own .....but tension is a diffrent story...idk where u gettin your info from bebo ....and like Dose said we always fuk with moetown and been for years

corporal
corporal
Affiliation: Human

Postby PilseNights » May 18th, 2015, 11:07 pm

BeboDollaz wrote: Past few years mexicans and blacks have been fighting in the communties wehre mexicans are closer to black neighborhoods.

Debating 101 - The moment you state something blatantly false you lose all credibility. Name a hood where this is happening. When I was a shorty the Breeds used to cross over to this side (and vice versa) but it was all gangbanging, nothing racial.

colonel
colonel
Region: South
Affiliation: Neutral

Postby Cheech » May 19th, 2015, 12:28 am

BeboDollaz wrote:
Cheech wrote:Self segregating aint racial tension dummy. You would think if there was real racial tension word would get around but all i hear from chicago people is them talking about how they arent about race.

Ive been up in nyc and even the puerto ricans got some of their own blocks seperated from black people and nobody is talking about black-pr beef in nyc

The exception is when different races live in one neighborhood. Different races living in tge same neighborhood isnt normal in america

You're not quite getting it my dude. No disrespect, but it's not just segregation. Racial tensions been flaring off . Someting yo won't understand because you're not in Chicago and you can't see what going on in our news. Past few years mexicans and blacks have been fighting in the communties wehre mexicans are closer to black neighborhoods. The real reason the tensions dont boil over into full out violence is because 93% of the southside is black people.. Mexicans aren't even in numbers for there to be serious tension like in Los Angeles, Compton and other places in California. 5% of the southside is mexican. The other 2% is whites and arabs..

The tension is evident by the fact that black people don't go through or pass throguh mexican neighborhoods on foot and vice versa. Yet on the northside any race can go throguh anywhere and they all assimilate.

Like I said, the comparison is between the southside and northside of chcicago. We're not comparing it to missisipi or calfornia.

Lol bro come on, race violence pops off when one side is way weaker than the other. Look at the black on mexican hate crimes they all occur in the south or nyc. Look at the mexican vs black hate crimes all up in cali.

Youre right i dont truly know cuz im not in chicago but plenty of chicago niggaz set up shop in miami and i never hear about racial tension from them or on here

A better question is what do blacks have to do in a hispanic neighborhood and what do hispanics have to do in a black neighborhood? :shrug:

If the racial tension is that minor where you gotta say its only a little worse cuz up in the northside people mix way better... Why bring it up?

superior
superior

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 19th, 2015, 12:43 am

Cheech wrote:
BeboDollaz wrote:

Lol bro come on, race violence pops off when one side is way weaker than the other. Look at the black on mexican hate crimes they all occur in the south or nyc. Look at the mexican vs black hate crimes all up in cali.

Youre right i dont truly know cuz im not in chicago but plenty of chicago niggaz set up shop in miami and i never hear about racial tension from them or on here

A better question is what do blacks have to do in a hispanic neighborhood and what do hispanics have to do in a black neighborhood? :shrug:

If the racial tension is that minor where you gotta say its only a little worse cuz up in the northside people mix way better... Why bring it up?

did he get banned for this :ohhh:

sergeant
sergeant
Affiliation: No Friends

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 19th, 2015, 2:19 am

This the real:

"Let me remind you you're white" because I used "pigeonholed"? I am starting to see how ignorant and close minded you are as a man. You attempt to come off concerned for a community you are essentially shitting on. A Latino can't speak articulately and get an education? I wish you saw how flawed you is kid.

I'll go through each of your points Drake.

1. Segregation in this city was put in place by the city, not it's residents. We are the most racially segregated major city in my opinion... we a 1/3rd each black, latino and white with other shit mixed in. You acting like the blacks where they at cuz they hate us and vice versa. Blacks been where they at for decades and decades cuz thats where Mayor Daley and other crooked ass politicians decided they would allow them to live. When the projects dropped shit spread out a little but for the most part we where we still at, blacks still where they at and the white neighborhoods where they always been (with few exceptions). Latinos pushed whites out of hoods and Blacks did too back in the 50's through 70's but those racial motives left these streets long ago.

Now you proving again and again how little time you've spent in these streets because it's so many fucking hoods where blacks go and kick it with us and vice versa.

Damenville GDz & TerrorTown SDz
50 Strong GDz & Canaryville SDz
Pilsen LCz & Westside 4z & Lords
Moe Town BPS/Westside BPS & Morgan Street LKz

I can keep going if you need me to bruh. Anytime I hit my block it's Gz out there too showing love. Big ol' rakes. Fuck you talking bout? Playing ball, smoking dope, putting in work.

2. We getting guap down here. The difference is the white people you rent your place from haven't decided down South is worth kicking us out of n gentrifying. Go read about the indictments on every single project housing unit you ol' gump ass nikka. Read about the Taylors. Read about the Dearborns and what just happened within the past few. The Southside got 5000000 crackheads n dopefiends and nobody serving them? It must be the Northside coming down here and talking all our money.

3. You wrong. I walk through Lincoln Park and white boys are blowing blunts. Ukranian Village, Wicker Park, Bucktown, all these hoods that white folks be living in them nikkas off that molly, loud and yayo IDGAF what you think or feel about it because I've seen it with my own eyes 101 times. Every legal 9-5 I had been Northside. My girl from the Northside. The shop I work at now on the Northside. Half my circle on the Northside. I know how they eat. I've ate off those same streets and still do.

I get it... I use two K's, big words and pay too much for a spot that could be a 10-bedroom house for all you know so that mean nothing I say credible. You the first to say you aint scared of no man so I really wish u would slide thru and see what I'm speaking on with your own eyes but a nikka aint holding his breath.

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 19th, 2015, 2:25 am

Neal a straight up racist. Some ignorant motherfuckers on this page :facepalm:

general
general
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: ~

Postby GANJASMUGGLING » May 19th, 2015, 2:53 am

^ :2cents:

nigga really said white people dont get high :facepalm:

like they not the main ones on that dogfood nowadays

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 19th, 2015, 3:02 am

...and anybody who don't know that not outchea, period.

superior
superior
Affiliation: Ghost Mob-CENTRAL AVE

Postby Greenghost2212 » May 19th, 2015, 8:04 am

PROBABLY OUT THERE BUT OUT HERE ITS BOUT 3 WHITE AND 4 PR FAMILIES THAT STAY ON MY BLOCK AND AROUND. ONE OF EM SOME IUKZ

underboss
underboss

Postby Neal » May 19th, 2015, 10:19 am

pimpstrosity wrote:
Neal wrote:This thread title is really named wrong. It's really about Black people in Chicago, particularly low-income. After all, all the things you can generalize about Black people in the South side generally hold true for Black people in the West side. Probably the biggest exception to that is heroin use, since 60% of heroin use is on the West side. I've seen a city-map of CPD heroin arrests, a big chunk on the West side.

Most White people in Chicago do not know what it means when someone has a teardrop tattoo, the 2 different types. Most White people in Chicago do not know what it means when someone tilts their cap either way. In Ford City Mall, as well as the Regal Theater, rules are posted that caps must be worn completely straight or completely backwards, and not a tilt to the left or right, and most White people wouldn't know why such a rule exists.

Most White people do not know what LKK or GDK means, or BDN or SDN. Most White and Hispanic people do not know what a Vicky Lou or Glazed Donut is.

Of course I may be an exception to this but so what. And probably the vast majority of White people are tourists, and are new to Chicago. There was an article a few years back that show White people only make up 6% of the Chicago Public Schools.

This is why it's easier for me to approach or strike conversations with random Black and Hispanic girls, and not White women. White women freak out if I approach them. Generally the only kind of White girls I like are the ones who went to the Chicago Public Schools because they're more braver and easier to approach. -_-

superior
superior

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 19th, 2015, 4:22 pm

Neal wrote:
pimpstrosity wrote:

Most White people in Chicago do not know what it means when someone has a teardrop tattoo, the 2 different types. Most White people in Chicago do not know what it means when someone tilts their cap either way. In Ford City Mall, as well as the Regal Theater, rules are posted that caps must be worn completely straight or completely backwards, and not a tilt to the left or right, and most White people wouldn't know why such a rule exists.

Most White people do not know what LKK or GDK means, or BDN or SDN. Most White and Hispanic people do not know what a Vicky Lou or Glazed Donut is.

Of course I may be an exception to this but so what. And probably the vast majority of White people are tourists, and are new to Chicago. There was an article a few years back that show White people only make up 6% of the Chicago Public Schools.

This is why it's easier for me to approach or strike conversations with random Black and Hispanic girls, and not White women. White women freak out if I approach them. Generally the only kind of White girls I like are the ones who went to the Chicago Public Schools because they're more braver and easier to approach. -_-

lol its White people that bang in the city with Latino Mobs tho as well as Black Mobs example Royals they seem to got they bread up

boss
boss

Postby chitowntdawg » May 19th, 2015, 5:45 pm

Neal wrote:
pimpstrosity wrote:

you only know all this from work with the cops and district attorney...right neal?

superior
superior

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 19th, 2015, 5:51 pm

chitowntdawg wrote:
Neal wrote:
pimpstrosity wrote:

you only know all this from work with the cops and district attorney...right neal?

aren't most SDz White as well too I seen WHite boys throw up Kings too

underboss
underboss

Postby Neal » May 19th, 2015, 8:01 pm

chitowntdawg wrote:you only know all this from work with the cops and district attorney...right neal?

No... not at all.

From rooming houses.

As you know, I've lived in 3 different rooming houses, the 1 in Little Village was my 2nd 1, and the next 1 was by Humboldt Park.

But my 1st rooming house was in McKinley Park.

A rooming house is where every hallway has a door to the bathroom shared for everyone in the building.

In my 1st rooming house, there was a bathroom on the 1st floor hallway and another 1 on the 2nd floor hallway.

And there was a room with chairs, and often a T.V. Where people did things like gamble or play poker.

In my 1st rooming house, there was an old Ambrose chief from 18th street/Pilsen, age 54. He was the 1st 1 in my life to teach me about gangs. When I 1st moved there I didn't know anything about gangs, I was just a dumb White kid.

He was the 1 to tell me about the 5-point crown and 6-point crown.

There was also a 48 year-old Latin Queen, 1 time we met on the bus where there was graffiti and she taught me how to read graffiti.

There was also a 59 year-old Puerto Rican former chief from Humboldt Park, however, the whole time I lived there I never knew that and we never talked about gangs. But years later when I lived in my 3rd rooming house full of Humboldt Park old school people he let me know he was a MLD chief.

Prior to living in rooming houses, I lived in studios, which were more expensive. And when I lived in studios, I had no social life, I didn't know anybody in the building, or anybody in the neighborhood, etc.

So rooming houses changed my life completely and I learned a lot. When you live in a rooming house long enough you get to know everybody and their drug dealer, or whoever comes to visit them. And from them you meet people of people. Of course there is often a lot of drama involved in rooming houses too.

My parents have enough money to put me in my own condo if they wanted to. But I liked living in cheaper places. If I never moved into Hispanic/Black neighborhoods I never would have learned about gangs.

So my 3rd rooming house was near Humboldt Park. Now I know a lot of Latin Kings from Motherland but over 50, since rooming houses don't tend to attract younger people. Every time I move to a rooming house I get to know the gangs of the neighborhood and even the homeless people around there.

In my Little Village rooming house, 1 of the people there was a security guard at the parking lot on 26th and Albany, and he introduced me to other security guards that were Latin Kings from a nearby sect.

Ultimately, I lost interest in living in studios.

1 thing I ask when living in rooming houses is what other rooming houses has the people there lived in, and so from that I get to know about other rooming houses and kinds of people that live in them.

I don't know of any rooming houses (also called SROs) in Crown Town, so I may not ever move there.

underboss
underboss

Postby Neal » May 19th, 2015, 8:17 pm

DoseOfTruth wrote:aren't most SDz White as well too I seen WHite boys throw up Kings too

Nah.

But there is a White neighborhood called Bridgeport where it is mixed with some Hispanic and so a lot of the gang members there are White. That neighborhood has a SD sect and a LK sect.

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 19th, 2015, 9:10 pm

It's so many white SDz, 26, Kings, Counts, Ambrose... lets face it every mob but a couple got mad white boys.

It aint just Bridgeport. Stick to square shit and leave the gang shit to gangbangers.

superior
superior

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 19th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Neal wrote:
DoseOfTruth wrote:aren't most SDz White as well too I seen WHite boys throw up Kings too

Nah.

But there is a White neighborhood called Bridgeport where it is mixed with some Hispanic and so a lot of the gang members there are White. That neighborhood has a SD sect and a LK sect.

its Whites in all mobs tho I agree some Yuppies might not know what that stuff is on the Northside

boss
boss

Postby chitowntdawg » May 19th, 2015, 9:58 pm

Neal wrote:
chitowntdawg wrote:you only know all this from work with the cops and district attorney...right neal?

No... not at all.

From rooming houses.

As you know, I've lived in 3 different rooming houses, the 1 in Little Village was my 2nd 1, and the next 1 was by Humboldt Park.

But my 1st rooming house was in McKinley Park.

A rooming house is where every hallway has a door to the bathroom shared for everyone in the building.

In my 1st rooming house, there was a bathroom on the 1st floor hallway and another 1 on the 2nd floor hallway.

And there was a room with chairs, and often a T.V. Where people did things like gamble or play poker.

In my 1st rooming house, there was an old Ambrose chief from 18th street/Pilsen, age 54. He was the 1st 1 in my life to teach me about gangs. When I 1st moved there I didn't know anything about gangs, I was just a dumb White kid.

He was the 1 to tell me about the 5-point crown and 6-point crown.

There was also a 48 year-old Latin Queen, 1 time we met on the bus where there was graffiti and she taught me how to read graffiti.

There was also a 59 year-old Puerto Rican former chief from Humboldt Park, however, the whole time I lived there I never knew that and we never talked about gangs. But years later when I lived in my 3rd rooming house full of Humboldt Park old school people he let me know he was a MLD chief.

Prior to living in rooming houses, I lived in studios, which were more expensive. And when I lived in studios, I had no social life, I didn't know anybody in the building, or anybody in the neighborhood, etc.

So rooming houses changed my life completely and I learned a lot. When you live in a rooming house long enough you get to know everybody and their drug dealer, or whoever comes to visit them. And from them you meet people of people. Of course there is often a lot of drama involved in rooming houses too.

My parents have enough money to put me in my own condo if they wanted to. But I liked living in cheaper places. If I never moved into Hispanic/Black neighborhoods I never would have learned about gangs.

So my 3rd rooming house was near Humboldt Park. Now I know a lot of Latin Kings from Motherland but over 50, since rooming houses don't tend to attract younger people. Every time I move to a rooming house I get to know the gangs of the neighborhood and even the homeless people around there.

In my Little Village rooming house, 1 of the people there was a security guard at the parking lot on 26th and Albany, and he introduced me to other security guards that were Latin Kings from a nearby sect.

Ultimately, I lost interest in living in studios.

1 thing I ask when living in rooming houses is what other rooming houses has the people there lived in, and so from that I get to know about other rooming houses and kinds of people that live in them.

I don't know of any rooming houses (also called SROs) in Crown Town, so I may not ever move there.
but according to youself you also hang out at the police stations and write to DAs ....and you hand out your corny pamphlets against my nation ...correct?

underboss
underboss
Location: Insane Latino Brothers Organization.....KBst.....EvilSide
Affiliation: EVIL5IDE IN5ANE

Postby Allinyourhood » May 19th, 2015, 10:34 pm

DOUGLASPARKK wrote:An "outlier"??? Hardly bro! I'm in my 30's and been Southside living my whole life outside of where my original block lies.

The Southside so massive that for anyone to generalize thousand of blocks especially ones with such a diverse demographic is just the type of shit only outsiders do. You can live here all you want but your view points prove you not from ova here.

Neal saying alcohol and tobacco is what applies to whites on the SS shows he not outside.

I can go through the list but I'll point out a couple points you far off on to start...

1. Where is this racial tension? Where are the bullets flying daily since nikkas never needed no reason before to gun eachother down why aint mexicans and blacks killing eachother on the daily? Where is all this happening at cuz it aint happening in my district. Yeah nikkas blow at OPPz but not based off no race.

2. Southside gets money!!! You making it sound like these nikkas is broke and the Northside steady caked up? Shortys flip over having a little change no matter what... that's called growing up. In time you either realize what real money is or you just dgaf.

3. The Northside just as high as down South. You telling me nikkas up there aren't 24/7 off weed, molly and coke??? You a damn liar.

4. Parenting aint nonexistent. Down South aint just boarded up blocks with single crack head moms. You got whites, latinos, asians, blacks, africans, etc. doing they thing. A lot of the most stone cold killers I knew came up in normal homes, they just wanted to get it in.

The main difference is we like gangbanging and aint scared to shoot, yall need 40 nikkas behind you to up your shit.

Again, ZERO EMOTIONS here. I just seen you basically lie 24/7 on here about a bunch of shit that don't matter to me and I guess your bored ass picked my side to speak on today so you got my :2cents: right back.

Drake ass nikka. Pop out and show me what you on!!!

I agree with SDz post 110%
I can tell by the way he has always spoken on here that he has lived the life of the streets and has mad knowledge about our chicago .
and bebo dollas get your fake as AP mastermind out of here acting like you know the hoods ....stupid ass wanna be ganster.

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 20th, 2015, 9:42 am

Honestly, why lie? What am I accomplishing by telling you all shit that aint true?

This from my experiences. I know my city. Shout out to the other real ones on here.

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest