Reality of the Southside (Mostly speaking on the black parts but goes for all)

major
major
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: Neutral

Reality of the Southside (Mostly speaking on the black parts but goes for all)

Postby BeboDollaz » May 17th, 2015, 12:50 am

ALot of things keep reminding me of th reality of southside gangbanging or southside living in general..

While people glorify it because of the shit they see in rap music videos and hear on tv or on those "hood" sites like fakeshoredrive and kollegekidd but the reality is alot less glamorous.

And I'm nt a random when it comes to the southside. Almost every job I've ever held was on the SS and I got family and friends on the SS.

The reality is this:
- ALot of the kids banging on the southside are dirt broke living in apartment buildings that are govt funded, throguh social security benefits, welfare, housing projects or just low income . Often wearing thes ame clothes orbuying non brand stuff.. desptie what you see in social and mainstream media.

- No one knows how to manage money . People spend everything they make right away just to buy shit, whether weed, clothes , fake or real clothes, chains, watches, old cars, guns, video games, electronics, etc

-A good chunk of the bangers on the southside are younger dudes who go crazy when they even see 60-75$ in straight cash. I've seen some that are 18 and flashing 40$ total in cash mostly 1's like it was 10 stacks.

- Parenting is non existant. Those few that are fortunate to have both a mother and father seem to still fall for the lure of the streets

- A huge majority of south siders, whether ing angs or not dont go outside past sundown. It's just depressing.

- Gangbangers are getting pimped out bad and in the thousands.. not knowing their value, they fall for the only thing around them that has any influence.. gangbanging.

-There's a huge amoutn of racial tension between blacks and mexicans on the southside. Believe it or not, there's a huge majority that just dont cross over into the hispanic hoods at all.

- A large amount of the community is constantly under the influence of drugs, whether high off weed all the time, crack, heroin, x pills , and even bipolar/psychiatric medications.

-To alot of southsiders there seems to be an invisible forcefield into downtown and to the northside.. ALot of soutshdiers just dont seize the opportunity to venture past and up north. It's like they don't feel comfortable because they're so used to being around nothing but black people.. Again, effects of racial segregation.

-Schools are being closed by the month to save the govt money.. We have thousands of schools in Chicago, and out of all palces they chose to close down themost schools on the southside.

- Girls have it worst than boys. While some of the boys can bang and reel in some cash to at least buy new shit, alot of the girls share clothes with their sisters , buy thrift clothes, cannot afford shaving sticks and sometmes even deoderant. Cheap wigs and cheap weaves are commonn .. Big difference between the weeave and extensions girls are wearing up north. Girls often just become prey because they dont have the same money making opportunities as boys. There's actually music videos of some southside girl rappers that describe what I mean.. ALot of thrift store clothing, bad wigs, badweaves, hairy armpits from lack of shaving sticks.. and im not trying to be funny either.

- Teenagers are poppin out babies over and over every generation. I have a friend whos 24 years old and his mom is 38. I was shocked to see her considering he, his daughter and his mom almost look like their all in the same age bracket considering his daughter is tall for her age (10 but looks more like she's 18)

------------

On the flipside:
-The ones who ignore the gang banging, do good in school and get jobs are the ones who are making the real money and going places. The ones who have better standards not only in decision making and self worth but also in lifestyle and hygiene.

THE CAUSE:
Lack of parenting, Lack of good education standards, Being segregated, not having as many facilities down south and opportunities because those who can create possibilities are afraid of the danger of living or working on the southside. Alot of it is politics, alot of it's poverty, alot of it drugs and alcohol, and alot of it's abuse of govt services/welfare/social system. The govt created a comfort zone for blacks on the southside that is hard to get out of due to the social system.

sergeant
sergeant
Affiliation: No Friends

Re: Reality of the Southside (Mostly speaking on the black parts but goes for all)

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 17th, 2015, 1:07 am

You're a fucking idiot.

major
major

Re: Reality of the Southside (Mostly speaking on the black parts but goes for all)

Postby BeboDollaz » May 17th, 2015, 10:24 am

DOUGLASPARKK wrote:You're a fucking idiot.

The fact that you got mad means that you're probably on welfare too. I mean it's a reality. Nothing I said was falsified. I know all of this for a fact.

Average cost for an apartment even without any benefits or special housing programs is about 200-300$ a month as compared to 850-900$ for tha tsame apartment in good parts of Chicago.

Majority of the southside is 40% below the poverty line. This is reality. If you can't deal with it, go stick to playing video games or w/e the heck you do.

general
general
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: ~

Postby GANJASMUGGLING » May 17th, 2015, 12:19 pm

thanks for confirming what i already suspected about this kid

good to hear it from a real chicago niggas mouth :tiphat:

major
major

Postby BeboDollaz » May 17th, 2015, 2:54 pm

pimpstrosity wrote:

thanks for confirming what i already suspected about this kid

good to hear it from a real chicago niggas mouth :tiphat:

Suspected about this kid? First off, who are you???

and how do you know me, yet no one knows you? That's what you are, a loser/lowlife. Congratulations.

and when I made this thread I knew this would rile up alot of you bummy southsiders who fit into this category. There's alot of southsiders who don't fit into this category.. and they are the ones who won't be mad.

Also, check the unemployment office lines every year on the southside.. 5 mile lines. Nuff' Said.

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 17th, 2015, 4:01 pm

Mad? Bro :lol: :lol: :lol:

Far from broke but that's far from the point. Who writes big ass essays about shit like this? :facepalm:

You making broad ass generalizations about a place you do not live while desperately trying to convince a bunch of strangers your points are valid based off some petty ass reasons. IDGAF where you worked or who you fucked with... living and visiting are worlds apart.

I live on the Southside and pay $1050 a month. What now?

No link card, never collected unemployment and not capable of being pigeon holed by some cornball like yourself.

:killself:

Another dusty ass nikka shitting on the side that gives this city it's reputation. Not the first, nor the last.

No love.

major
major

Postby BeboDollaz » May 17th, 2015, 4:21 pm

DOUGLASPARKK wrote:Mad? Bro :lol: :lol: :lol:

Far from broke but that's far from the point. Who writes big ass essays about shit like this? :facepalm:

You making broad ass generalizations about a place you do not live while desperately trying to convince a bunch of strangers your points are valid based off some petty ass reasons. IDGAF where you worked or who you fucked with... living and visiting are worlds apart.

No link card, never collected unemployment and not capable of being pigeon holed by some cornball like yourself.

:killself:

Another dusty ass nikka shitting on the side that gives this city it's reputation. Not the first, nor the last.

No love.

Yet you took the time out to read the whole thing? C'mon, you're really delusional if you don't think this shit exists. All this shit goes on. The unemployment lines being miles long ain't nothing new. The fact that majority of youth on the southside are banging for scraps isn't anything new either.

Yous aid "I live on the southside and pay 1050$ a month". Shit, now I really know where you stand. You're a complete idiot getting ripped the fuck off. and if you're not, then you're not who I'm referring to in this topic, retard.

Either way, you need to get out your emotions and go spend some time outside to see what I'm talking about. I get the feeling you're one of those white boys whocan't walk through the bad parts of the SS.

major
major

Postby BeboDollaz » May 17th, 2015, 4:24 pm

and btw what is pigeon holed? You're a whiteboy and you have KK in your name. You don't fit this demographic at all so why are you upset? You think you were black and lived in poverty in your past life? What's your issue?

Got a problem with someone who's spent 8 years being on the southside everyday trying to raise awareness about the parts that people don't see? Man. You got issues.

At least tell me which one of the many things I listed you don' agree with.

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 17th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Again wtf does this have to do with emotions??? You acting like it takes more than 60 seconds to read your diary entry.

I came up on the WESTSIDE first and foremost you gump ass nikka. My username shoulda been a dead giveaway. When did I ever say I was a whiteboy? Bro you confusing the fuck outta me.

I don't need to tell you shit about what I disagree with. You lost any chance of a real response the second you tried to lump me into your fantasyland idea of what my city on. My spot beautiful and I live in the hood but I'm safe and sound. No one getting took ova here G... living the life I live costs money. I avoided moving to the Northside because too many of you goofies be snitching the second shit heat the fuck up. Good enough reason right there.

Using the "emotions" argument don't count when you respond numerous times like a female before I even get a chance to speak my piece. You obviously way more worked up than me Mr. Community Awareness.

:facepalm:

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 17th, 2015, 4:45 pm

If you wanna see what we on let's link up playboy. You can find me in the unemployment line or around the corner copping dope but you'll find me... I'm the black dude that hates beaners and came up with no proper parenting.

corporal
corporal
Affiliation: Human

Postby PilseNights » May 17th, 2015, 6:38 pm

DOUGLASPARKK wrote:If you wanna see what we on let's link up playboy. You can find me in the unemployment line or around the corner copping dope but you'll find me... I'm the black dude that hates beaners and came up with no proper parenting.

You're a black SD that hates Mexicans?

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 17th, 2015, 7:33 pm

You missed it bro :facepalm:

boss
boss

Postby Bel Airs » May 17th, 2015, 7:44 pm

Bebo.....just stop man

superior
superior
Region: North East
Affiliation: Cats Are Fucking Cute and Adorable Gang :)

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 17th, 2015, 7:55 pm

Racial Tension

I disagree cause any mob I can think of had Blacks and Latinos \GDz got Latino Sets
Latin Kings got Black Sets now if it was a rule that Blacks or Latinos couldn't join a mob I could see a problem leading to a race war but most of it seems to be Opp vs Opp beef and case of mistaken identity

corporal
corporal
Affiliation: Human

Postby PilseNights » May 17th, 2015, 7:59 pm

DOUGLASPARKK wrote:You missed it bro :facepalm:

Completely. Hangover sunday :cmon:

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Atheist

Postby Neal » May 17th, 2015, 9:08 pm

That's too easy to say, much harder to show why.

So, if you disagree with something, all you have to do is point it out.

DOUGLASPARKK wrote:You making broad ass generalizations about a place you do not live while desperately trying to convince a bunch of strangers your points are valid based off some petty ass reasons. IDGAF where you worked or who you fucked with... living and visiting are worlds apart.

You can't argue his post is flawed because you yourself are an outlier.

It's great to know you might be rich or have money.

I think this is better off being a statistics argument (which no 1 has yet posted). Say the thread starter exaggerates and says this is true for 90% of Black people in the South side. Then that's too high and too off. And perhaps you argue this only applies to 10%. And someone else can say that's too low.

-

Right now, I live in the South side, by 79th and Halsted, and everything about drugs in this thread I agree, except that it also pertains to Hispanic people, and White people for drugs that are legal such as tobacco and alcohol.

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Atheist

Postby Neal » May 17th, 2015, 9:12 pm

BeboDollaz wrote:- No one knows how to manage money . People spend everything they make right away just to buy shit, whether weed, clothes , fake or real clothes, chains, watches, old cars, guns, video games, electronics, etc

I disagree with this. Or at least, disagree with the reasons.

My version is everyone has an addiction problem, to at least 1 of 4 things.

-Cigarettes.
-Alcohol.
-Weed.
-Crack.

And so as soon as they save up money it goes to 1 of these 4 or more.

It depresses me on the vast majority of people abuse the system by using their Link cards to sell for cash, which in turn goes for drugs.

superior
superior
Affiliation: BAD BOY KINGS

Postby outlawdiamondz » May 17th, 2015, 9:13 pm

IceWoman I ain't know you fuck with the chi

boss
boss
Affiliation: Almighty

Postby chitowntdawg » May 17th, 2015, 9:34 pm

You cant generalize like that and not expect any backlash come on bro ....ss all my life my parents or myself now never been on no gov assistance,im certainly no junkie, i always did and continue to do dirt n biz the smart way.... im always downtown and all over the city with the fam and when i get the chance we fly out.... im certain i make money than you and i own 2 homes ....all this coming from the southside....u see why although your statements have some valid points you cant aim at the whole ss .....its ridiculous

major
major

Postby BeboDollaz » May 17th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Neal wrote:

That's too easy to say, much harder to show why.

So, if you disagree with something, all you have to do is point it out.

DOUGLASPARKK wrote:You making broad ass generalizations about a place you do not live while desperately trying to convince a bunch of strangers your points are valid based off some petty ass reasons. IDGAF where you worked or who you fucked with... living and visiting are worlds apart.

You can't argue his post is flawed because you yourself are an outlier.

It's great to know you might be rich or have money.

I think this is better off being a statistics argument (which no 1 has yet posted). Say the thread starter exaggerates and says this is true for 90% of Black people in the South side. Then that's too high and too off. And perhaps you argue this only applies to 10%. And someone else can say that's too low.

-

Right now, I live in the South side, by 79th and Halsted, and everything about drugs in this thread I agree, except that it also pertains to Hispanic people, and White people for drugs that are legal such as tobacco and alcohol.

Ty Neal. Seriously, I get why he's upset but getting emotional over this thread when you bothered to read the whole thing instead of just stop halfway through and click away is just wack.

chitowntdawg wrote:You cant generalize like that and not expect any backlash come on bro ....ss all my life my parents or myself now never been on no gov assistance,im certainly no junkie, i always did and continue to do dirt n biz the smart way.... im always downtown and all over the city with the fam and when i get the chance we fly out.... im certain i make money than you and i own 2 homes ....all this coming from the southside....u see why although your statements have some valid points you cant aim at the whole ss .....its ridiculous

I hear what you're saying but all of this is from pure experience over 8 years being on the southside consistently throughout each of those years and still today.

But granted, my perspective may be a bit biased because alot of it's based upon years I worked as a youth mentor with kids who were 12-18 and got a chance to meet some of their families and parent(s). I mean the rest comes from straight up just hanging on the southside with friends and people I know from work and family who live out there.

I mean yeah I was born and raised on the northside but the southside has been a huge part of my life.

Another thing about the southside I forgot to mention is rape is more prevelant on the southside, especially gang related rapes than the northside.

Just trying to bring awareness to this shit, and despite people thinking its exaggerated, and if it may be or may not be, the point is it makes people think.

sergeant
sergeant

Postby DOUGLASPARKK » May 17th, 2015, 10:24 pm

An "outlier"??? Hardly bro! I'm in my 30's and been Southside living my whole life outside of where my original block lies.

The Southside so massive that for anyone to generalize thousand of blocks especially ones with such a diverse demographic is just the type of shit only outsiders do. You can live here all you want but your view points prove you not from ova here.

Neal saying alcohol and tobacco is what applies to whites on the SS shows he not outside.

I can go through the list but I'll point out a couple points you far off on to start...

1. Where is this racial tension? Where are the bullets flying daily since nikkas never needed no reason before to gun eachother down why aint mexicans and blacks killing eachother on the daily? Where is all this happening at cuz it aint happening in my district. Yeah nikkas blow at OPPz but not based off no race.

2. Southside gets money!!! You making it sound like these nikkas is broke and the Northside steady caked up? Shortys flip over having a little change no matter what... that's called growing up. In time you either realize what real money is or you just dgaf.

3. The Northside just as high as down South. You telling me nikkas up there aren't 24/7 off weed, molly and coke??? You a damn liar.

4. Parenting aint nonexistent. Down South aint just boarded up blocks with single crack head moms. You got whites, latinos, asians, blacks, africans, etc. doing they thing. A lot of the most stone cold killers I knew came up in normal homes, they just wanted to get it in.

The main difference is we like gangbanging and aint scared to shoot, yall need 40 nikkas behind you to up your shit.

Again, ZERO EMOTIONS here. I just seen you basically lie 24/7 on here about a bunch of shit that don't matter to me and I guess your bored ass picked my side to speak on today so you got my :2cents: right back.

Drake ass nikka. Pop out and show me what you on!!!

boss
boss
Affiliation: Almighty

Postby chitowntdawg » May 17th, 2015, 10:56 pm

I just responded on a more personal level but every single thing you pointed out is right on point...dont know what the true purpose of the thread was ....online drama??

superior
superior
Affiliation: Cats Are Fucking Cute and Adorable Gang :)

Postby CryBabyAssNigga » May 17th, 2015, 11:01 pm

Neal wrote:
BeboDollaz wrote:- No one knows how to manage money . People spend everything they make right away just to buy shit, whether weed, clothes , fake or real clothes, chains, watches, old cars, guns, video games, electronics, etc

I disagree with this. Or at least, disagree with the reasons.

My version is everyone has an addiction problem, to at least 1 of 4 things.

-Cigarettes.
-Alcohol.
-Weed.
-Crack.

And so as soon as they save up money it goes to 1 of these 4 or more.

It depresses me on the vast majority of people abuse the system by using their Link cards to sell for cash, which in turn goes for drugs.

shit even Caffeine a drug too and the processed foods we eat

major
major

Postby BeboDollaz » May 18th, 2015, 12:22 pm

chitowntdawg wrote:I just responded on a more personal level but every single thing you pointed out is right on point...dont know what the true purpose of the thread was ....online drama??

Nah, I don't care for drama. I got enough with my BM. You're mexcian right? See this thread isn't really addressing you guys. It's majority just about the black people in the most poverty areas of Chicago. But there are some hispanics experiencing these same issues as well.

-----------------------------

Answering DouglasPark:
1) Racial tension is real.

Black people and mexican people will never be seen on the same streets just hanging out or in the same park. If you, DouglasPark don't understand that, you really don't understand the reality of the racial tension on southhside. It's often on the news, in the newspaper, in independant articles. The news doesn't broadcast it as much because it gives Chicago a bad name. This stuff has been goign on forever in Chicago. Just because you never heard about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. All the schools are racially segregated too.

It's not like some 1950s racial tension but it's racial tension. The 2 races don't commune in any way. They stick to their own parts and when the ydon't ,it's alot of violence. The schools are segregated too on the southside. There's been tons of cases of violence between mexicans and black but most are so divided they don't really come at each other. There's alot of evidence for this, articles, news, big reports , etc.

We're not comparing the southside to some super racist hicktown in AMerica. We're comparing SOuthside to northside and the racial tension in comparison is more than evident.. If you're not smart enough to understand this, you really don't belong in this thread. (No offense)
---------------------------------------------

2)Southside gets money? Man, are you delusional or do you not see the bigger picture? Southsdie is swimming in poverty. Do you need stats right in your face for you to understand that? We're comparing this to the Northside, not to New Orleans or some really poverty place taht would make Southside lookw ealthy..

3) Northside just as high as South <--- Northside overall? hell no. West side? Yeah. The Northside has alot of diff people, alot of diff races, professions and businesse. In comparison to the southside, it's not even close. Wont' e ven argue this oen any further. Believe what you want.

4)ON this one, yeah I might have been a little biased because I used to work as a youth mentor on SS and seen alot of bad examples but, overall in comparison the northside, yes, the southside has a huge parenting issue considering more than 70% of black people on the southside grow up with only 1 parent. But besides that, there's alot of shit that proves this.

Again, you haven't been able to prove any of what Is aid wrong. Stop trying to speak for the black community which is mostly what this thread is about. The hispanic community is living better in comparison but alot of hispanic areas still have alot of issues, IE: Back of the Yards

and don't try to call me a drake ass nigga when you're net banging with KK in your name, yet trying to brag about getting ripped off on how much you're paying for an apartment down south. Let me remind you, you're white. You've used terms like "pigeon-holed" int his thread. Stop the tough act. This thread wasn't for you to begin with.

colonel
colonel
Region: South

Postby Cheech » May 18th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Self segregating aint racial tension dummy. You would think if there was real racial tension word would get around but all i hear from chicago people is them talking about how they arent about race.

Ive been up in nyc and even the puerto ricans got some of their own blocks seperated from black people and nobody is talking about black-pr beef in nyc

The exception is when different races live in one neighborhood. Different races living in tge same neighborhood isnt normal in america

Next

Return to Midwest