Team Fitted caps in gang culture

archBunker
foot soldier
foot soldier
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: The haves and have nots

Team Fitted caps in gang culture

Post by archBunker » March 18th, 2017, 7:20 am

Was wearing caps with team logos or letters always a way to show affiliation or was it something that started in an area and spread back in the days? one of my homies just got back from LA and said he got pressed every day he was out there for wearing the wrong hat . He got a pass everytime tho luckily

SckanlessNina
boss
boss
Region: West
Affiliation: Neutral

Re: Team Fitted caps in gang culture

Post by SckanlessNina » March 19th, 2017, 6:46 am

Niggas wore hats back then but it was more of a all red or a all blue hat from what I see, like it would b common to see a bulls hat kuz its red and black. I always wanted to know when specific teams came in for specific hoods like when
Did that start

bgcasper
major
major

Post by bgcasper » March 19th, 2017, 11:55 am

team like raiders in the day was wore by all and was kinna considered neutral only the color of the cap was taken into acount ...i always saw ssc with seattle mariners kc for kelly and ny yankees for nutty houston astros or mets for nhcc and detroi tigers for atlantic drive and duccy now the piru wore mostly philly hats and bloods comon one was boston b hat san francisco for ftp and washington national for wsp...i will not talk in detail on south l.a since i dont really know there i guess 60 roc seattle and etg hoyas and hoover astros than u have cliccs with specific teams 92 hoover notre dame ...nothing new can trace it bacc to the 80's tanas used raiders than is bangin sox now than u had team that was used either by bloods only like bulls nowaday crips have a blu version of bulls mostly pjwatts bully side ...and team mostly crips like cowboys dodgers ..i always remember sets bangin teams so i would say its older than the 80's now in the 70's it was less the thang... also pendelton shirt was the shit in the days some set had their official color and model ..i remember bacc than u had phat laces and belt bucle all set would rocc the initials of the set and would let the belt long and hangin that came along with saagin pants .in the 80's clothin were not xxxl all that saagin pants came along with the 90's.. usualy in the days it was mostly 3 initial like ssc or just a s bucle some would wore 3belt buccle to fit their set initials also converse shoes had also the set hit on it and laces with the set color yellow for south or green for kelly or just blue for crips ...now before all that u had also specifik hats in the old days like ace duce brim hat and the little feather on the side of the hat would have a set color not always thaugh .. stacy adams shoes ect that was the og style ...

DConflict2011
underboss
underboss
Region: West
Affiliation: Neutral

Post by DConflict2011 » March 19th, 2017, 8:24 pm

archBunker wrote:Was wearing caps with team logos or letters always a way to show affiliation or was it something that started in an area and spread back in the days? one of my homies just got back from LA and said he got pressed every day he was out there for wearing the wrong hat . He got a pass everytime tho luckily
What team was he wearing?

It would be interesting to know hoods chose certain hats, some are kind of obvious while others aren't.

I wanna know who from 40's just happen to see that Brewer hat and start rockin it.

How did the Yankee hat come to represent Neighborhood? That Tarheel logo makes more sense cause of the NC and it looks like it spells "NHC" the way the N goes through the C.

Swervv 48
underboss
underboss
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: 48st western av /Western 39st/Yawdies Gang

Post by Swervv 48 » March 19th, 2017, 8:54 pm

NFL hats and NBA hats that stand for certain hoods can get your top knocked off

thehoodlessons
major
major
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: yeah i bang now

Post by thehoodlessons » March 19th, 2017, 9:01 pm

DConflict2011 wrote:
archBunker wrote:Was wearing caps with team logos or letters always a way to show affiliation or was it something that started in an area and spread back in the days? one of my homies just got back from LA and said he got pressed every day he was out there for wearing the wrong hat . He got a pass everytime tho luckily
What team was he wearing?

It would be interesting to know hoods chose certain hats, some are kind of obvious while others aren't.

I wanna know who from 40's just happen to see that Brewer hat and start rockin it.

How did the Yankee hat come to represent Neighborhood? That Tarheel logo makes more sense cause of the NC and it looks like it spells "NHC" the way the N goes through the C.
40 hat started from the hand sign and they start sayn glove gang and the brewer logo is a glove throwing up 4 fingers