Cardi B in trouble with people for old tweets calling Black women burned roaches

HarlemWorldATL
oog
oog

Cardi B in trouble with people for old tweets calling Black women burned roaches

Post by HarlemWorldATL » August 11th, 2017, 8:05 am

HA! Typical.....

With increased stardom comes increased controversy, and that’s exactly what the ascendant Cardi B‘s found herself enveloped by after one Twitter user pulled up older tweets of Cardi using the term “roach,” believing she was referring to dark-skinned Black women. Now, Cardi’s stepped forth to defend herself. Peep what she’s got to say in the video and gallery below.

According to Cardi, “roach” is simply a slang term she and others from the Bronx have been using for years. The first part of Cardi’s response came in the form of a tweet containing a video of her using the word to describe herself. In the vid, she does, indeed, refer to herself using that term, saying she blossomed from “a roach to a butterfly.”

“I called MY OWN self a reach before so stop it !its a word I use ALOt Bronx bitches use a lot stop trying to make it into some racist shit,” Cardi says in the tweet attached to the video. In a few tweets before and after she posted the video, she also claims people are simply out to ruin her moment, which has been fueled by her hit single, “Bodak Yellow.”

“Motherfuckers been trying to fuk my shit up all day,The devil really working but yaa and the devil ARE invited to this DICK,” Cardi wrote in another tweet. Of course, this controversy caused the resurfacing of another, specifically speaking, a time when Cardi used the word “tranny” to describe members of the trans community. She wasn’t having it, though, because she says she’s already apologized in the past.

“I did along ass time ago ,I’m not going to be getting crucified every time nikkas want to defame me fuck outta here,” she wrote in a now-deleted tweet

Read More: Cardi B Defends Her Use of the Word 'Roach' - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/video/2017/08/car ... ck=tsmclip

Quiet-Q
godfather
godfather

Re: Cardi B in trouble with people for old tweets calling Black women burned roaches

Post by Quiet-Q » August 11th, 2017, 8:10 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 8:05 am

“I called MY OWN self a reach before so stop it !its a word I use ALOt Bronx bitches use a lot stop trying to make it into some racist shit,”

"Roach" is actual a diss i used to hear non puerto ricans call them (puerto roaches)

HarlemWorldATL
oog
oog

Re: Cardi B in trouble with people for old tweets calling Black women burned roaches

Post by HarlemWorldATL » August 11th, 2017, 8:31 am

I never liked cardi b.she's a bird.but I do feel she's being attacked now that she's in the industry.she doesn't quite understand "the rules" :umhm:

Time for her to see what this music shit is really about :yeahright:

1Million
oog
oog

Post by 1Million » August 11th, 2017, 8:40 am

I don't get this one. How does roach mean dark skin?
Am I enjoying some kind of delight or bath?

1Million
oog
oog

Post by 1Million » August 11th, 2017, 8:41 am

But who does shit like this though? There gotta be a team of people who get paid to dig through 7 year old tweets to find something bad.

HarlemWorldATL
oog
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » August 11th, 2017, 8:46 am

1Million wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 8:40 am
Well roaches aren't a light color unless u talking bout albino roaches(I've seen those before)

Quiet-Q
godfather
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » August 11th, 2017, 8:47 am

1Million wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 8:40 am

It doesnt mean darkskin if you had white compelxed new york ricans being called roaches

HarlemWorldATL
oog
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » August 11th, 2017, 8:47 am

1Million wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 8:41 am
But who does shit like this though? There gotta be a team of people who get paid to dig through 7 year old tweets to find something bad.
She's a target in the industry plus she's in the limelight now.this is what happens :umhm:

Deezus
prince
prince

Post by Deezus » August 11th, 2017, 9:12 am

Ncki behind this

HarlemWorldATL
oog
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » August 11th, 2017, 10:20 am

Deezus wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 9:12 am
Ncki behind this
:umhm:

BluntedUp
ooog
ooog

Post by BluntedUp » August 11th, 2017, 10:48 am

Lol dej loaf literally came at black people aint nothin happen.

1️⃣
underboss
underboss

Post by 1️⃣ » August 11th, 2017, 11:25 am

I got older family members who say roaches in Spanish...When they use that they are referring to all the local hood bitches outside sitting on beach chairs in front of building all day and all night and having girl fights etc....Black, Rican and Dominican girls...Basically low class sinverguenza (Shameless) rats to them... Like a Cardi B would be to them.

1Million
oog
oog

Post by 1Million » August 11th, 2017, 12:29 pm

BluntedUp wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 10:48 am
Lol dej loaf literally came at black people aint nothin happen.
Yeah she went strangely hard. She was saying some real weird shit.

.X.
foot soldier
foot soldier

Post by .X. » August 11th, 2017, 12:43 pm

A group of black women teamed on me in her defense claiming Cardi B was black... That bitch a fucking Mexican.

1Million
oog
oog

Post by 1Million » August 11th, 2017, 12:51 pm

.X. wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 12:43 pm
A group of black women teamed on me in her defense claiming Cardi B was black... That bitch a fucking Mexican.
According to you, Mexicans are black ain't we?

She ain't Mexican, she's prolly closer to black than Mexican.

FRAUD
lieutenant
lieutenant

Post by FRAUD » August 11th, 2017, 3:11 pm

.X. wrote:
shes trini and dominican :lol:

.X.
foot soldier
foot soldier

Post by .X. » August 11th, 2017, 3:17 pm

1Million wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 12:51 pm
.X. wrote:

I was talking about brown skin Mexicans, but duck y'all :shrugs: Especially them since they don't wanna claim the black card.
FRAUD wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 3:11 pm
.X. wrote:
She ain't a brown skin Dominican nor Trinidad, so once again fuck that bitch ain't black. Plus her talking shit proves how she feels about darker skin. Prejudice sick pussy ass bitch.

HarlemWorldATL
oog
oog

Post by HarlemWorldATL » August 11th, 2017, 6:39 pm

.X. wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 3:17 pm
1Million wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 12:51 pm
.X. wrote:

I was talking about brown skin Mexicans, but duck y'all :shrugs: Especially them since they don't wanna claim the black card.
FRAUD wrote:
August 11th, 2017, 3:11 pm
.X. wrote:
She ain't a brown skin Dominican nor Trinidad, so once again fuck that bitch ain't black. Plus her talking shit proves how she feels about darker skin. Prejudice sick pussy ass bitch.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 💯

1Million
oog
oog

Post by 1Million » August 11th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Look pretty black to me

townbizzEa$T O
prince
prince

Post by townbizzEa$T O » August 11th, 2017, 7:35 pm

i thought cardi b was part black
NEVER ASK WAT MY SECTION DO
IF IT AINT BOUT MONEY I AINT CHECKED FA U