Roscoe Dash fed up with the music industry... gets exposed for being a Lyft driver now

oog
oog
Region: North East

Roscoe Dash fed up with the music industry... gets exposed for being a Lyft driver now

Postby HarlemWorldATL » June 16th, 2017, 10:45 am

https://youtu.be/5GNjOFQWA9o

The industry will eat u alive. Ain't no money in this shit. N he had HITS! Don't be fooled :yeahright:

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Neutral/OML

Re: Roscoe Dash fed up with the music industry... gets exposed for being a Lyft driver now

Postby BEDSTUYFLY » June 16th, 2017, 2:09 pm

That's fucked up at least he ain't get caught doing no stupid shot that land him in jail

general
general
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: Neutral

Re: Roscoe Dash fed up with the music industry... gets exposed for being a Lyft driver now

Postby Cryptik1 » June 16th, 2017, 3:50 pm

HarlemWorldATL wrote:https://youtu.be/5GNjOFQWA9o

The industry will eat u alive. Ain't no money in this shit. N he had HITS! Don't be fooled :yeahright:

Most jus want some fame
Spotlight time
Meanin they'll take n e deal

oog
oog

Postby HarlemWorldATL » June 16th, 2017, 5:52 pm

BEDSTUYFLY wrote:That's fucked up at least he ain't get caught doing no stupid shot that land him in jail

True but damn he was the goto guy just a few years back. N apparently he's not even a good Lyft driver

underboss
underboss
Region: Midwest

Postby Neutron Nation » June 16th, 2017, 6:29 pm

You can make money being a producer......rappers ehhhh

og
og
Location: in the middle of your gurl's ass with my tongue, licking shit , sticking shit til she's numb
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: los zetas,farc,Bmf,cali & CDL Kartel

Postby ILick-Queens » June 16th, 2017, 6:35 pm

:bored: :lol: soo at the end of the day what's ur advice for me and towns, it seems like this directed at me when u make that :yeahright: face :lmao: ... niggas just kan't give up muzik and go to all acting , movies kan flop. being a producer kan flop if nobody buys your beats or u do what zaytoven be doing and giving niggas the same beat :lmao: ..being an engineer can pay good if u in top 5 studios in that city like atl, new York, chi, L.a I mean it's risks in everything ohno u should know that by now so what u sayin ? :lol:
/|\ gangst3rs Killa TALL Insanek die Kkrowns ][][]['s

superior
superior
Region: South
Affiliation: Merrill gang fuck the opps BDK GDK VLK

Postby CPT » June 16th, 2017, 6:38 pm

:lol: :facepalm: ain even gone say nun

oog
oog

Postby HarlemWorldATL » June 16th, 2017, 6:47 pm

ILick-Queens wrote:

:bored: :lol: soo at the end of the day what's ur advice for me and towns, it seems like this directed at me when u make that :yeahright: face :lmao: ... niggas just kan't give up muzik and go to all acting , movies kan flop. being a producer kan flop if nobody buys your beats or u do what zaytoven be doing and giving niggas the same beat :lmao: ..being an engineer can pay good if u in top 5 studios in that city like atl, new York, chi, L.a I mean it's risks in everything ohno u should know that by now so what u sayin ? :lol:

Man u stopped rapping in 2009 u don't care lol

My advice is don't come in thinking u gonna get big bucks like that. If u in it try to do many different shit as possible cuz u gonna most likely c a few dollars outta other sit besides rapping.

I didn't come back down here to rap. I'm letting niggas know Imma writer Which is my real passion n I rap sometimes. that's how I got that FBG plug :yeahright:

But do other shit while building yourself as an artist. N if u really wanna rap expect to spend 5 figures before u even see 2 or 3 figures. Unless u have a team that will help u

C me I never had a team. When I did when i was producing them two niggas was bullshitting. When I worked in them lhhny offices they told me to ditch them niggas n focus on myself which I been doing ever since

Hell when I had to start rapping I was mad as fuck. But dudes I know was really mad at me cuz they been rapping since 2002 n got nowhere n I just started n had my shit played in clubs etc. They stuck to dictionary music

Bottom line just have more than one hustle. That's y these niggas b getting arrested after they get on cuz they was doing illegal shit before they blew up just to keep food on the table and money to put towards their music

og
og
Location: in the middle of your gurl's ass with my tongue, licking shit , sticking shit til she's numb

Postby ILick-Queens » June 16th, 2017, 6:59 pm

nigga I'm getting back on it ,and ima be staying on McDaniel st. and Cumberland glen in a while :umhm: and near bankhead if my g-aunty family still got that ugly ass house :lmao: ............but nawl I got diff places I kan lay at I don't wanna lay in my homegurl house ,in E.a again sort of ugly ass houses and rough shit over there looking like macon :lmao: :wtf2:

og
og

Postby ILick-Queens » June 16th, 2017, 7:02 pm

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
ILick-Queens wrote:

Man u stopped rapping in 2009 u don't care lol

My advice is don't come in thinking u gonna get big bucks like that. If u in it try to do many different shit as possible cuz u gonna most likely c a few dollars outta other sit besides rapping.

I didn't come back down here to rap. I'm letting niggas know Imma writer Which is my real passion n I rap sometimes. that's how I got that FBG plug :yeahright:

But do other shit while building yourself as an artist. N if u really wanna rap expect to spend 5 figures before u even see 2 or 3 figures. Unless u have a team that will help u

C me I never had a team. When I did when i was producing them two niggas was bullshitting. When I worked in them lhhny offices they told me to ditch them niggas n focus on myself which I been doing ever since

Hell when I had to start rapping I was mad as fuck. But dudes I know was really mad at me cuz they been rapping since 2002 n got nowhere n I just started n had my shit played in clubs etc. They stuck to dictionary music

Bottom line just have more than one hustle. That's y these niggas b getting arrested after they get on cuz they was doing illegal shit before they blew up just to keep food on the table and money to put towards their music

believe me ima be smarter than most of these niggas doing illegal shit this rap is just gonna boost my white people clientel :lmao: ima try to get back in the mdma game I flopped 2014-2015 n sat on 4 grams of ice for 7 months :wtf2: :sad: that I got for trading my percocets and tabs :lmao: u would have been mad and relapse into yo pill poppin days :umhm:

superior
superior
Region: South
Affiliation: Merrill gang fuck the opps BDK GDK VLK

Postby CPT » June 16th, 2017, 7:23 pm

:lmao:

prince
prince
Region: West
Affiliation: EAST OAKLAND

Postby townbizzEa$T O » June 16th, 2017, 9:44 pm

ILick-Queens wrote:

its better 2 stay independent

og
og

Postby ILick-Queens » June 16th, 2017, 10:11 pm

townbizzEa$T O wrote:
ILick-Queens wrote:

that's true ,I wanna stay independent but I an't gonna lie. it wouldn't hurt to have jay-z or diddy, as your a.t.m for musical finances and all :lol: the problem with jay-z, diddy, 50cent, t.i, jeezy & birdman is they hate putting niggas on and they hate spending money on niggas but I understand it now :facepalm: u kan't be spending $500,000 for studio time, video visuals and the nigga don't even make $500,000 back in the next months up to year ..it is hard out here with muzik :lol:

oog
oog

Postby HarlemWorldATL » June 17th, 2017, 12:23 am

ILick-Queens wrote:
townbizzEa$T O wrote:
ILick-Queens wrote:

that's true ,I wanna stay independent but I an't gonna lie. it wouldn't hurt to have jay-z or diddy, as your a.t.m for musical finances and all :lol: the problem with jay-z, diddy, 50cent, t.i, jeezy & birdman is they hate putting niggas on and they hate spending money on niggas but I understand it now :facepalm: u kan't be spending $500,000 for studio time, video visuals and the nigga don't even make $500,000 back in the next months up to year ..it is hard out here with muzik :lol:

Yea its harder being independent but u have the freedom to make whatever music u want

If u just starting off think about how much u paid for studio time. Now with one song if you feel it's a hit,u gotta put at least 15k on that one song to promote it. The average nigga ain't gon have that on hand. N if he does n it goes nowhere he gon b tight and 15k down the drain. that 15k could've went towards other things that you could've benefited from. Spend wisely n make connections but nothing is for free so forget about that. No way around that

Then u gon have to watch out for janky promoters that's gon have u pay hunnits to perform for other artists who found careless bout your shit. Then the jugg and finessers who will take your money n give u nothing in return. I did that to a producer before. I actually got him a placement with a known brooklyn artist n took the money n told him the artist couldn't pay. he was mad n didn't care about the placement which is out there all over. he just wanted the money. When u chase money in this industry it'll never come to u n if it do, u gonna burn bridges depending on how you got it

U wanna know what happened to him?

He couldn't finesse that one major placement which was his first n he hit me up a couple months ago via email asking if I could help him out. He couldn't get no other placement with no other major or known indie artists cuz he wasn't a hustler. U gonna get burned in the industry but it's all about how u bounce back n what moves u can make AFTER your last move

U gotta be a slime ball too in this industry. Not to everyone tho

underboss
underboss

Postby Lalivin23 » June 17th, 2017, 12:31 am

Sounds like when cappadonna when he was driving the cab

og
og

Postby ILick-Queens » June 17th, 2017, 12:55 am

I'm getting back into the industry fast and all but help me out with musical terms and all.. what's placement ? giving the beat to an artist or leasing it ? setting up a studio session or what ? :lol: :shrug: :shrug:

oog
oog

Postby HarlemWorldATL » June 17th, 2017, 1:23 am

When your music is picked up by and artist, or tv show for one particular project

So if u produced 5 songs for future, that's 5 different placements you have with future

prince
prince
Affiliation: EAST OAKLAND

Postby townbizzEa$T O » June 17th, 2017, 2:24 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:When your music is picked up by and artist, or tv show for one particular project

So if u produced 5 songs for future, that's 5 different placements you have with future

that's what I'm tryna do how u send music to artist tho?

oog
oog

Postby HarlemWorldATL » June 17th, 2017, 9:59 am

townbizzEa$T O wrote:
HarlemWorldATL wrote:When your music is picked up by and artist, or tv show for one particular project

Gotta know they managers or a&rs to they label. even then it's a slim chance they gonna holla back at u.u gotta b face to face with niggas and build relationships

boss
boss
Affiliation: CASA BLANCA GRANDE

Postby OldIrish » June 17th, 2017, 11:00 am

HarlemWorldATL wrote:
townbizzEa$T O wrote:

Gotta know they managers or a&rs to they label. even then it's a slim chance they gonna holla back at u.u gotta b face to face with niggas and build relationships

yea for real, and another bad thing about industry people is they be quick to say " dont call us, we will call you " lol and usually that means no, but you know what in the independent game theres definitely a way to make a living , just gotta build a local stronghold then move from there
I dont bang City Stats, Im from One Street, and You aint from It, So You aint Welcome, Unless we accept you.

og
og
Region: Foreigner
Affiliation: $

Postby KOM » June 18th, 2017, 8:57 pm

First of all the music industry ain't for everybody. But you can make a few dollars from it if you in the know and know what your doing. Actually u can make some racks from doing shows regionally if you popping(independently). Or even if you a producer or engineer you can make more money than the artists. All in all the music industry is full of snakes and leeches and you have to invest in yourself and you have to be marketable. I have connects in the industry as well and it aint what everybody think it is thats why i fell back from it.

Like ohno said you have to build relationships and network. But in my opinion to be really successful you have to do it for the love of music and not chase the money in it cuz you wont get far

Return to Lobby