New Mexican Gangs taking over Brooklyn article

prince
prince
Region: West
Affiliation: Real Nigga Nation

New Mexican Gangs taking over Brooklyn article

Postby KhmerHustla » May 10th, 2017, 7:38 am

In parts of Sunset Park and Brighton Beach, young Mexican-American gangs are taking over the area as gangs from other ethnic groups become less prevalent, El Diario La Prensa reports. Community organizations are stepping in and asking the police for a program to help combat the rise in gang activity. El Diario’s Zaira Cortés delves into their rituals and activities, including second-generation gang members learning to speak their parents’ native language. Her article is translated below from Spanish.

Jail, the hospital, or death: According to ex-gang members, these are the three foreseeable destinies of many Mexican youth growing up in immigrant neighborhoods in Brooklyn.

In neighborhoods such as Sunset Park and Brighton Beach, residents have reported that gangs have become more hostile by increasingly recruiting younger children, engaging in violent fights, extorting business owners, selling and buying illegal weapons, and creating small prostitution rings.

Although the problem isn’t new, community activists say that the new gangs, whose members are Mexican, are “more active” compared with gangs from other ethnic groups that previously terrorized the area.

“The gangs from other communities preferred to change course, like the Ñeta gang, or they’re less visible,” said Samuel Cruz, a sociologist and reverend of Trinity Lutheran Church. Cruz has been an activist in Sunset Park for seven years. “Unfortunately, Mexican youths took over the area.”

What to Do With the Youth?

Cruz said that various Latino and Mexican community organizations are intervening.

Activist David Galarza stressed that the youth need guidance; they don’t need to get arrested. Galarza was referring to the police practice known as stop-and-frisk, a method used to deter criminal activity whereby police officers stop and search people they suspect of carrying weapons or posing risks to public safety.

In 2010, the 72nd Precinct created a workshop for parents on how to recognize young adults with gang problems.

Given the rise in gang activity in this part of Brooklyn, community and religious leaders plan to ask the police for a new program.

The police confirmed the presence of Mexican-Americans in the area’s gangs, and reported that the most active gangs are in Queens and Brooklyn, and distinguish themselves with their preference for knives and machetes. Unlike other groups, they are more territorial and less organized.

In 2009, the 72nd Precinct identified 410 gang members in Sunset Park, 170 of whom were Mexican.

In 2011, the precinct recorded 303 incidents related to gang activity in the city, compared with 228 in 2010.

A Culture of Violence

An Escuadrón-Los Panchitos gang member shows an SDN tattoo, which stands for "Escuadrón." (Photo via El Diario/La Prensa)
The Mexican gang Escuadrón-Los Panchitos of Brighton Beach is the enemy of Los Niños Malos; the two are constantly fighting over territory.

Sunset Park residents said that fights between groups of 30 to 50 young men frequently break out on Third Avenue.

Escuadrón-Los Panchitos is part of La Raza Loca, a long-time rival of La Gran Familia Mexicana.

Mario (not his real name), a 20-year-old ex-gang member, said that the gang’s colors are black and brown, members have tattoos of la Santa Muerte (the saint of death), and their initials are SDN (for Escuadrón) and PCS (for Panchitos).

An Escuadrón-Los Panchitos gang member shows a PCS tattoo, which stands for "Panchitos." (Photo via El Diario/La Prensa)
Mario explained that he joined the gang when he was 14 and his “baptism” consisted of getting beaten up by three rival gang members.

“To join the gang, you have to withstand the blows without falling down. The women have to have sex with everyone.”

Mario said that the gang stands out for its use of machetes and “ice picks” that the gang members make on their own (“ice picks” are pieces of metal with “eight fingers” that they sharpen on the sidewalk), but the gang also uses firearms.

“They buy weapons from other gangs or through their contacts in the street. A shotgun costs $800 and a 9-millimeter revolver is $500 or $600.”

Mario pointed out that although the gang is made up of Mexican-Americans, they only speak Spanish; that is how he learned to speak his parents’ native language better.

Business Owners Living in Fear

Coexisting with gang members has become a normal way of life in these neighborhoods.

A Mexican small business owner who preferred to remain anonymous said that for businesses that have music events, it’s better to be affiliated with Los Niños Malos, a Mexican gang that started in the 1990s and claims Sunset Park as its territory.

According to police, Los Niños Malos are part of La Gran Familia Mexicana, a coalition of gangs that operates throughout the five boroughs and New Jersey.

“I organized dance parties in the neighborhood up until a few months ago,” said the business owner, who has been living in Sunset Park for 18 years. “The gang members contacted me and demanded money in exchange for not damaging my advertising.”

He said that he paid between $150 and $200 for each event so that his advertisements wouldn’t be destroyed.

“I also paid them with tickets to the dance parties. Nobody around here wants to be their enemy.”

Mini-Cartels and Prostitution

The ex-gang member said that the gang earns money by selling marijuana and crack cocaine (a gram costs $20) and charges brothel-owners in exchange for protection.

“The brothels have to pay to operate in our territory,” [Mario said.] “They pay a percentage of their daily earnings. We also exchange ‘old ladies’ (prostitutes) among gangs and businesses.”

Mario said that many of the prostitutes were underage, and that the gang frequently intimidates residents who report criminal activity to the police.

Coney Island residents said that Escuadrón-Los Panchitos used to have more power in their neighborhood, but over the last few years, another Mexican gang called La Raza (no relation to La Raza Loca) has taken over the streets.

https://voicesofny.org/2012/08/new-mexi ... hborhoods/
My problem is... I can't stop roastin Niggaz

prince
prince

Re: New Mexican Gangs taking over Brooklyn article

Postby KhmerHustla » May 10th, 2017, 7:42 am

Although the problem isn’t new, community activists say that the new gangs, whose members are Mexican, are “more active” compared with gangs from other ethnic groups that previously terrorized the area.

:ohhh:

godfather
godfather
Region: North East
Affiliation: Avoiding nonsense

Postby Q. » May 10th, 2017, 8:00 am

Im not to up on bk politics like that..but sunset been had heavy spanish pop for ages...never been to brighton beach but never heard that shit mentioned amongst black areas in bk so im guessing it aint black heavy...any spots in ny where its spanish heads beside the usual ricans & dominicans you bound to catch mexican/el salvadorean crews

prince
prince

Postby KhmerHustla » May 10th, 2017, 8:03 am

Oh ok @q. I just went based off the title I ain't go lie. It's just funny how certain ny and dudes from other areas clowning Cali blacks cuz they can't "fight off" them mexicans

og
og
Affiliation: ...

Postby BkBarclays » May 10th, 2017, 8:39 am

Those areas named aren't black areas.

White and Hispanic

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Neutral/OML

Postby BEDSTUYFLY » May 10th, 2017, 8:45 am

Sunset is a dead hood, shit like that cannot rock where ever it's a high black or carribean population niggas would put a stop to that. We don't share hoods like that tbh

boss
boss
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Neutral

Postby Tha7thLetta » May 10th, 2017, 10:31 am

Da Mexicans & central Americans are taking over hood's dat used be rican & Dominican

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Born Alone Die Alone..Self Preservation

Postby Uno❗️ » May 10th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Last time I was over there I only saw chinese and some south american and mexicans.

Saw ONE Dominican (I assume)
50 left queens
Stack stayed and they bodied him.
Mase left harlem
L Stayed and they bodied him.

FUCK THE HOOD

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Born Alone Die Alone..Self Preservation

Postby Uno❗️ » May 10th, 2017, 12:39 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Last time I was over there I only saw chinese and some south american and mexicans.

Saw ONE Dominican (I assume)

Sunset Park*
50 left queens
Stack stayed and they bodied him.
Mase left harlem
L Stayed and they bodied him.

FUCK THE HOOD

prince
prince

Postby KhmerHustla » May 10th, 2017, 1:39 pm

Tha7thLetta wrote:Da Mexicans & central Americans are taking over hood's dat used be rican & Dominican

prince
prince

Postby KhmerHustla » May 10th, 2017, 2:06 pm

Don't a lotta Dominicans be black though? Or primarily black? Still that's a Mexican on black thing I see it as

superior
superior

Postby Fake Deleted » May 10th, 2017, 2:53 pm

KhmerHustla wrote:Oh ok @q. I just went based off the title I ain't go lie. It's just funny how certain ny and dudes from other areas clowning Cali blacks cuz they can't "fight off" them mexicans

You fiending, boi. Nobody cares about that shit. Everybody that been to So Cal know the African side dominates their side just as the Mexican side dominate there's. Africans get banged on Mexicans get banged on, y'all so sensitive about that shit :lol: Dominicans & Puerto Rican's took over the U.B.N in New York turning it into a fuck boy fest after it was ran by Afro's and taken seriously. Those Mexican gangs you just named aren't even in the Afro side of Brooklyn, they're more or less in the Urban Sub looking areas.

superior
superior
Affiliation: 1

Postby 123 » May 10th, 2017, 7:50 pm

BEDSTUYFLY wrote:Sunset is a dead hood, shit like that cannot rock where ever it's a high black or carribean population niggas would put a stop to that. We don't share hoods like that tbh

so ya'll b racist?

og
og
Affiliation: ...

Postby BkBarclays » May 10th, 2017, 10:12 pm

It has nothin to do with racism 123...just our hoods out here r majority black and hispanic(ricans and domicans) we share same hoods.

The Central American hispanics r equivalent to the Chinese in the hood...they don't hold any weight and are the minorities in the hoods.

They both tend to have their own areas in the burbs and in the more non violent areas quiet areas and they do their thing out there.

If u ask a hood nigga from bk about ms13 they ain't seen one or know where they are because they r nowhere near the hoods. U go to the burbs somewhere in the nicer areas and those people might tell u they r their active.

godfather
godfather

Postby Q. » May 10th, 2017, 10:14 pm

.X. wrote:
KhmerHustla wrote:Oh ok @q. I just went based off the title I ain't go lie. It's just funny how certain ny and dudes from other areas clowning Cali blacks cuz they can't "fight off" them mexicans

You fiending, boi. Nobody cares about that shit. Everybody that been to So Cal know the African side dominates their side just as the Mexican side dominate there's. Africans get banged on Mexicans get banged on, y'all so sensitive about that shit :lol: Dominicans & Puerto Rican's took over the U.B.N in New York turning it into a fuck boy fest after it was ran by Afro's and taken seriously. Those Mexican gangs you just named aren't even in the Afro side of Brooklyn, they're more or less in the Urban Sub looking areas.

:lmao: @"fuckboy fest "

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Neutral/OML

Postby BEDSTUYFLY » May 10th, 2017, 11:53 pm

BkBarclays wrote:It has nothin to do with racism 123...just our hoods out here r majority black and hispanic(ricans and domicans) we share same hoods.

The Central American hispanics r equivalent to the Chinese in the hood...they don't hold any weight and are the minorities in the hoods.

They both tend to have their own areas in the burbs and in the more non violent areas quiet areas and they do their thing out there.

If u ask a hood nigga from bk about ms13 they ain't seen one or know where they are because they r nowhere near the hoods. U go to the burbs somewhere in the nicer areas and those people might tell u they r their active.

That's a fact, the only time I hear about ms13 is on the news and apparently they in Queens and LI. Blacks (afro carrib, afro latino), Dominicans and Ricans in NYC all grew up with each other in NYC so with the exception of the spanish gangs like 3ni n LK which have black members also just like Blood n Crip have spanish niggas there isn't gonna be much of that shit like how its going on in Cali. These little central american gangs aint terrorizing shit but they own n if they were to try to start pushing that shit in the hood they would get smashed off rip.

superior
superior

Postby Fake Deleted » May 11th, 2017, 12:30 am

Crazy thing about N.Y.C is there's a lot of African hoods shared with Hispanics, but every Hispanic hood isn't shared with Afro's :lmao: I literally been to nothing but Hispanic hoods from Dominicans to Puerto Ricans with not one single Pan African (and I ain't mad at that), but we share every single hood with them :lmao: Black people hold no weight in N.Y.C unless you're Haitian.

godfather
godfather

Postby Q. » May 11th, 2017, 12:54 am

.X. wrote:Crazy thing about N.Y.C is there's a lot of African hoods shared with Hispanics, but every Hispanic hood isn't shared with Afro's :lmao: I literally been to nothing but Hispanic hoods from Dominicans to Puerto Ricans with not one single Pan African (and I ain't mad at that), but we share every single hood with them :lmao: Black people hold no weight in N.Y.C unless you're Haitian.

You wasnt of age to see how Haitians was getting treated early to mid 90s in some spots in ny was you?

Ontop of that nobody living in the hood is actually in control of who they want living there alongside them

prince
prince

Postby KhmerHustla » May 11th, 2017, 4:00 am

so this shit right here aint black hoods then i guess? still though i thought there were no surs out there

ooog
ooog
Affiliation: I-95

Postby BluntedUp » May 11th, 2017, 1:17 pm

Ayo its a nigga in that video that i recognize :ohhh: look exactly like a nigga i know who was sur too.

But yea, they most definitely out here its just that they irrelevant. Niggas dont really know about them lol. Round my way we do share hoods. Its more mexicans than ricans/dominicans. But the mexicans keep tothemselves and so do the blacks. Every now and again niggas might jump or violate a paisa. Couple years ago island latinos and blacks was attacking mexicans (surs and homegrown crews) to the point where nypd dished out extra officers for they safety. Had mexicans wanting they own police force out here.

I got a mexican homie who basically day 1 so son brought me around them type of mexicans. It may be 1 or 2 real dudes who can hold they own anywhere but most them niggas paisas and burnouts who dress like them surs out west. But they not built like them in any way shape or form. :lol:

superior
superior
Affiliation: 1

Postby 123 » May 11th, 2017, 2:32 pm

BluntedUp wrote:Ayo its a nigga in that video that i recognize :ohhh: look exactly like a nigga i know who was sur too.

But yea, they most definitely out here its just that they irrelevant. Niggas dont really know about them lol. Round my way we do share hoods. Its more mexicans than ricans/dominicans. But the mexicans keep tothemselves and so do the blacks. Every now and again niggas might jump or violate a paisa. Couple years ago island latinos and blacks was attacking mexicans (surs and homegrown crews) to the point where nypd dished out extra officers for they safety. Had mexicans wanting they own police force out here.

I got a mexican homie who basically day 1 so son brought me around them type of mexicans. It may be 1 or 2 real dudes who can hold they own anywhere but most them niggas paisas and burnouts who dress like them surs out west. But they not built like them in any way shape or form. :lol:

They r obviously not real 13s. Especially if they're not terrorizing ya'll or at least retaliating.

superior
superior
Affiliation: Los hombres se dedicaban A La CafeBustelo!

Postby SuperSweet » May 11th, 2017, 3:31 pm

BEDSTUYFLY wrote:Sunset is a dead hood, shit like that cannot rock where ever it's a high black or carribean population niggas would put a stop to that. We don't share hoods like (With other races)that tbh

That's why I love brooklyn :tiphat:

Tha7thLetta wrote:Da Mexicans & central Americans are taking over hood's dat used be rican & Dominican
:2cents: :2cents:

This^

prince
prince
Affiliation: Deez

Postby Deezus » May 11th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Was bound to happen. But they all in gentrified/white areas. Like in the Bronx you see them in lil italy lol. Doing a lot of wall banging and beating each other up in drunken rages. In East Harlem they got one block, the most peaceful block in East Harlem. No diss. But they don't bother nobody but theyselves. Like I said, no diss. I respect that more than these niggas that slice random people.

godfather
godfather

Postby Q. » May 11th, 2017, 5:38 pm

BluntedUp wrote:who dress like them surs out west. :

So thats how they are on s.i .......all them niggahs i see dress like niggahs who work in them small fruit stand/small caribbean supermarkets ....baggy tee shirts.offbrand jeans & some cheap sneakers( that same look outside of the 1s who dress up)

ooog
ooog
Affiliation: I-95

Postby BluntedUp » May 11th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Nowadays u dont really see the dickies and chucks shit but back when i was in school thats what they was on. Niggas was confused at how them niggas dressed. :lol:

Next

Return to Lobby