Dame Dash - "Biggie was gonna leave Diddy and come sign with Roc a Fella"

oog
oog
Region: North East

Dame Dash - "Biggie was gonna leave Diddy and come sign with Roc a Fella"

Postby UHateOhnosmh » March 20th, 2017, 11:41 am

Music mogul Damon “Dame” Dash may have just dropped the biggest hip-hop shocker of all time. The former Roc-A-Fella Records co-owner revealed late rap icon Notorious B.I.G. planned on joining his record label.

In a recent interview, Dame Dash said Biggie Smalls wanted to eventually leave Bad Boy Records to join longtime pal Jay Z at the Roc.

“Biggie’s plan was to give Puff and them like three more albums because that’s what his deal is, then come sign with us, and we was gon’ do The Commission. We were looking for like a Charlie Baltimore, it ended up being her, that wasn’t our choice that was his. But, you know, that was what was gonna happen, or at least that’s what was talked about very seriously. I think that’s why he did a double album. Then he was gonna do a triple album, and he was gonna be out his contract, and then he was gonna come f*ck with us. I tried to sign The Firm but then Steve Stoute snaked us for that.” (Hip Hop Motivation)

captain
captain
Region: West
Affiliation: Northern Cali

Re: Dame Dash - "Biggie was gonna leave Diddy and come sign with Roc a Fella"

Postby YayArea » March 20th, 2017, 2:27 pm

:ohhh: Damn no wonder puff had biggie killed

prince
prince
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Deez

Postby Deezus » March 20th, 2017, 4:25 pm

:huhwhat: wasn't the commission gonna be under Lance Rivera's shit?

boss
boss
Affiliation: Neutral

Postby Tha7thLetta » March 20th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Yea i thought it was gonna be on untertainment or sum shit...maybe dats y jay had un poked up lmao

boss
boss

Postby JerseyCity201 » March 20th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Tha7thLetta wrote:Yea i thought it was gonna be on untertainment or sum shit...maybe dats y jay had un poked up lmao

It was gonna be under UN I think Dame just fishing for attention again. Unless it was gonna be a collab where it was under both Untertainment/Rocafella but I can't see Diddy being apart of the group and being under other labels when he owns one. Untertainment/Bad Boy would of made more sense and if Big was a live I could see him leaving Diddy eventually for his own label and taking Jay out of Rocafella and under him.

"In the Life After Death track “What’s Beef”, Biggie introduces the members of The Commission before he lays to rest any disillusioned rappers who think ‘real beef’ involves a diss song:

[The Commission]:
Uncle Paulie, P. Diddy, Caesar Leo DeGenero
Charli Baltimore, Iceberg Slim
The most shady, Frank Baby

If you break down the lyrics, “Frank Baby” is a reference to Biggie’s nickname, “The Black Frank White”. The Frank White alias derived from the 1990 crime thriller King of New York, which starred Christopher Walken and featured the story of a drug kingpin. Iceberg Slim was a reference to Jay Z and Uncle Paulie referred to Lance ‘Un’ Rivera. Caesar Leo DeGenero stood for Junior M.A.F.I.A.’s Lil Cease and Charli Baltimore would keep her original rap name and serve as the first lady of The Commission. This is also the first time that Puff Daddy’s other name P. Diddy was first seen in a lyric, before he eventually became P. Diddy in 2001."

boss
boss

Postby JerseyCity201 » March 20th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Nobody seems to bring up anymore Big, Jay and Charlie got unreleased tracks they recorded to this day that probably never will get released. I remember hearing rumors back then Jay stabbed UN over Charlie Baltimore but not cause of the reasons Cam says. Had more to do over the Commission which Jay wanted to happen even after Big death and he didn't like how he was handling Charlie Baltimore album or his plans on releasing the unheard tracks. He felt UN was about to fuck up something historic.... Never heard those rumors online just from other people in the the industry at the time....Have no idea if that was true though

boss
boss

Postby Tha7thLetta » March 20th, 2017, 6:33 pm

The commission would have been ill...big & jay doing a whole album together

boss
boss

Postby JerseyCity201 » March 20th, 2017, 7:37 pm

Tha7thLetta wrote:The commission would have been ill...big & jay doing a whole album together

Would of forced the Firm to step their game up and possibly stick around longer to live up to the potential and hype.

boss
boss

Postby Tha7thLetta » March 20th, 2017, 8:57 pm

JerseyCity201 wrote:
Tha7thLetta wrote:The commission would have been ill...big & jay doing a whole album together

Would of forced the Firm to step their game up and possibly stick around longer to live up to the potential and hype.

Oh yea...the firm could have been dope but tryna bridge east & west working with dre fucked it up imo they should've kept fuckin wit trackmasters

superior
superior
Affiliation: Self-Defense

Postby .X. » March 21st, 2017, 12:33 am

Can anybody explain to me why the hell would Biggie Smalls had signed with Roc-A-Fella from moneymaking Bad Boy records? Why would Biggie go from being President to just a artist lmao
Guns on Deck

underboss
underboss
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: BLACK DISIPLE NATION

Postby DaSuperSavage » March 21st, 2017, 12:53 am

Y'all really believe this nigga Dame??

:lmao: :lmao: :yeahaight: :yeahaight: :comeon:

boss
boss

Postby JerseyCity201 » March 21st, 2017, 1:27 am

Tribe wrote:Can anybody explain to me why the hell would Biggie Smalls had signed with Roc-A-Fella from moneymaking Bad Boy records? Why would Biggie go from being President to just a artist lmao

He wouldnt of signed with Rocafella directly as in him being under them. But I could see him absorbing them into his own label. Still think he would of left Puff though when his contract was up.

Return to Lobby