Black p stones came to cali from chi town which is worst??

Deezus
prince
prince

Re: Black p stones came to cali from chi town which is worst??

Post by Deezus » September 18th, 2016, 7:42 am

murksiderock wrote:So factually, it's not even close, Chicago is the wildest city of the 3, and always has been. It's different reasons for that, but it ain't got nothing to do with age of the city (because New York is older than both LA and Chi but NY has always been safer than both). It ain't got nothing to do with number of blacks in the city (LA used to be 20% black at its peak in the 80s and was still wilder than New York, which was over 1/3 black, and Chicago, which was over 40% black at its peak)...

That's what all the stats say. All this is light and just for the sake of convo, because there's literally dozens of cities worse than all 3. And I ain't just talking about today's era '10s, I'm talking about historically, last 50 years since crime jumped up at the end of the Vietnam War. What yall think was going on in cities like Detroit and DC and NO and Oakland, etc, in The War Years (70s-90s)? The Big 3 at they peak was MUCH safer than those cities and a hell of a lot more. They just the 3 biggest cities, largest media base, so attention naturally focuses on them. But neither Chi, LA, or NY has ever been a true murder capital. They just so big you can only compare them to each other...

End of the day, LA won the popularity contest, because states and countries have followed LA's lead. On an overall scale, LA was the most influential, I don't think anybody can argue about that. LA gangs weren't glamouriced in Hollywood until around '88 (Ice T/Colors/Blood In Blood Out/NWA era). There were Bloods and Crips in Arkansas, Texas, Missouri, the entire West Coast States by that time. There was already MS and 18 in Mexico, El Salvador, other Central America nations by that time. So yes, Hollywood spread LA's popularity, but Hollywood didn't spread the LA gang culture. It was already on the move and LA niggas were already hustling and recruiting in other areas. I think even Pittsburgh had Bloods and Crips in the late 80s, I don't know if it was before Colors, though...

None of that changes that Chicago gangs have been more ruthless and more structured. Chi gangs have a different mentality than LA gangs. They move differently. It is what it is...

The biggest misconception some LA cats have is that people in other cities/states wanted to be like them and are dying for they beef. I've said on here plenty times before, out East, New York has always had, and always will, have the biggest influence. Niggas wanted to Blood and Crip, but cities was killing before they ever heard of Bloods and Crips, and 9/10 times, the cities on the East weren't put on by LA cats (the BH set I ran with in NC was started by a Florida nigga in the 90s). Where he got it from, who fuckin knows, but that was clearly before social media, so he ain't get it offline. It speaks to the spread of the LA gang culture, but niggas in that city always looked up to Raleigh/NY niggas. LA wasn't a realistic factor, niggas just adopted the LA names...

The beefs niggas had in these cities were street and hood beefs that already existed. The Blood and Crip identity just added to it--'--but it didn't start the beefs!

Lastly, I salute all 3 cities for they impact on street culture nationwide. I lived in LA, got family still there and will always be connected to it, because I have no family in NY (Upstate but not City), and have no ties to Chicago. I stick up for LA when needed, but I've seen NY myself, seen they influence, been in the field and the Jails with NY niggas. All 3 of these cities got they place, but as to the topic, Chicago got it!
Facts

Deezus
prince
prince

Post by Deezus » September 18th, 2016, 7:54 am

Uptown Boy wrote:As far as the 3 big cities go, Chicago always been the highest murder rate. That's not taking small sideline cities like Compton and neighborhoods like Englewood into account. Compton and Englewood might be all that and a bag of Doritos, but they a non factor when we talking about the big 3. I don't care if you little city borders a big 3 or your neighborhood is inside one of the big 3, you are an irrelevant maggot in the big sea and need to sit your ass down unless you going to talk about the entirety of the big 3.'s.

Personally, I think the big 3 conversation should be upgraded to the big 4. Niggas seem to forget Houston is the 4th biggest city and been putting down for the south too. And they have a higher murder rate than Chicago.
Just to build in this before niggas start crying. I'm not downplaying Compton and Englewood. Everybody knows Compton influence and Englewoods blood thirst. But it's irrelevant in this convo. If we gonna break everything down into the smallest common denominator, then NYC still has its little pockets of zip codes left where people are getting shot in the same damn block back to back on an insane level that will have niggas like damn wtf. But that shit irrelevant.

murksiderock
boss
boss

Post by murksiderock » September 18th, 2016, 8:13 am

Uptown Boy wrote:As far as the 3 big cities go, Chicago always been the highest murder rate. That's not taking small sideline cities like Compton and neighborhoods like Englewood into account. Compton and Englewood might be all that and a bag of Doritos, but they a non factor when we talking about the big 3. I don't care if you little city borders a big 3 or your neighborhood is inside one of the big 3, you are an irrelevant maggot in the big sea and need to sit your ass down unless you going to talk about the entirety of the big 3.'s.

Personally, I think the big 3 conversation should be upgraded to the big 4. Niggas seem to forget Houston is the 4th biggest city and been putting down for the south too. And they have a higher murder rate than Chicago.
I got time on Sunday,I'm gonna check on Houston. I don't think it's worse than Chicago today, but it might have been. At some point. I know the 80s was a muhfucka out there...

Matter fact, I'm gonna look up all the big cities. After the Big 3, Houston is next, but it's media profile and city status is smaller/lesser than other big cities. I'm throw some other cities in there too...

OLDxENGLISH
boss
boss

Post by OLDxENGLISH » September 18th, 2016, 8:24 am

City wide crime is really nonsense tho cuzz ive met people who aint gone to every spot in there own cities! I go by individual person or individual block, cuzz I dont give a fuk bout all these high murder rate cities and all that because when it comes down to going to my street if you aint welcome your S.O.L and that can be said for any bad hood so all that city shit dont matter, the Nortenos on my block barely run into Surenos and when they do its automatic gunshots or knife shit when they run into there enemy and I cant say the same for every block every where tho ya feel me

Deezus
prince
prince

Post by Deezus » September 18th, 2016, 8:31 am

IrishIsraelite wrote:City wide crime is really nonsense tho cuzz ive met people who aint gone to every spot in there own cities! I go by individual person or individual block, cuzz I dont give a fuk bout all these high murder rate cities and all that because when it comes down to going to my street if you aint welcome your S.O.L and that can be said for any bad hood so all that city shit dont matter, the Nortenos on my block barely run into Surenos and when they do its automatic gunshots or knife shit when they run into there enemy and I cant say the same for every block every where tho ya feel me
I feel u and u make sense, but that's a whole nother conversation. Niggas can compare blocks to blocks, hoods to hoods, cities to cities, but not cities to blocks, hoods to cities, blocks to hoods, etc.

OLDxENGLISH
boss
boss

Post by OLDxENGLISH » September 18th, 2016, 8:34 am

Uptown Boy wrote:
IrishIsraelite wrote:City wide crime is really nonsense tho cuzz ive met people who aint gone to every spot in there own cities! I go by individual person or individual block, cuzz I dont give a fuk bout all these high murder rate cities and all that because when it comes down to going to my street if you aint welcome your S.O.L and that can be said for any bad hood so all that city shit dont matter, the Nortenos on my block barely run into Surenos and when they do its automatic gunshots or knife shit when they run into there enemy and I cant say the same for every block every where tho ya feel me
I feel u and u make sense, but that's a whole nother conversation. Niggas can compare blocks to blocks, hoods to hoods, cities to cities, but not cities to blocks, hoods to cities, blocks to hoods, etc.
yup, and the thing too it be like how can someone from Chicago who live by wrigley field gonna say he harder then someone from a less known city but from a wild ass block ya know what im sayin?

swaporamasfinst
boss
boss

Post by swaporamasfinst » September 18th, 2016, 8:35 am

murksiderock wrote:The US crime rate skyrocketed in the 70s after record lows in the 60s and 50s. I threw New York in here to ger a true comparison for the Big 3. First number is average annual bodies in a decade/second number is comprehensive decade murder rate:

2010s (so far)
Chicago: 443/16.19
Los Angeles: 280/7.35
New York: 415/4.97

2000s
Chicago: 534/18.71
Los Angeles: 489/12.77
New York: 565/7.03

1990s
Chicago: 820/29.11
Los Angeles: 779/22.08
New York: 1,414/19.05

1980s
Los Angeles: 851/26.47
Chicago: 738/25.37
New York: 1,682/23.41

1970s
Chicago: 828/25.86
Los Angeles: 665/23.00
New York: 1,557/20.77

1)@Murdawoodz is right, Chicago has for the last 5 decades always been the most dangerous city of the Big 3. The only decade Chicago wasn't number one was the 80s, but all 3 cities were within 3 per 100k of each other, so they honestly all cancel out. They were all truly equal in the 80s...

2)Besides the 80s, LA has been 2nd every decade, and NY has been last every decade. It reasons to say LA has always, 5 decades running, been a little wilder than NY. The differences are marginal, though. Everybody know NY reputation...

3)LA really put the separation between it and NY in the last two decades (00s/10s). Both cities dramatically have dropped in crime, but New York has completely changed its tune the most...

4)Chicago has had a higher murder rate than both NY and LA since 1993. LA had the highest murder rate in '93...

5)Since 1970--that's 45 years now--New York only had the highest murder rate 4 times (72, 82, 88, 90). LA had the highest murder rate 8 times...

6)Chicago separated itself in the 90s. Both NY and LA peaked in the 80s, and began going down in the 90s. Chicago peaked in the 90s. The 2010s-era Chicago is basically how New York was in the 90s....
dude form the south he aint being bias :tiphat:

swaporamasfinst
boss
boss

Post by swaporamasfinst » September 18th, 2016, 8:37 am

Gravez wrote:Lol niggas these days..

Chicago latino gangs are really biten LA swag these days with the FACE TATTS.. Westcoast started that shit first U got latin kings and all that tatted like some "dirty vatos" :lmao:
face tats been around forever but wow now cali caliming that too :lol: we dont even use face tats like that like i said fucking cali lames talking about shit they dont know only assume :smh:

swaporamasfinst
boss
boss

Post by swaporamasfinst » September 18th, 2016, 8:45 am

IrishIsraelite wrote:
Uptown Boy wrote:
yup, and the thing too it be like how can someone from Chicago who live by wrigley field gonna say he harder then someone from a less known city but from a wild ass block ya know what im sayin?
we aint talking about that bro lets just leave it at Chicago being more grimy L.A with influcing some of the country

Right Dope Boy
underboss
underboss

Post by Right Dope Boy » September 18th, 2016, 8:58 am

why are niggas even arguing about which city is the worst its L for everybody thats actually in the field at the end of the day

chicago on top wit the savageness definitely but they shorties be killing civilians in record numbers

i dont how u could call that ''structured'' just more cutthroat an ruthless....maybe u could call em sturctured when they was moving type militant an when they had leadership and political connects during the 80s-90s an shit i doubt they still have that type of shit now

from an outsider lookin in u chicago niggas arent applying the war tactics that im hearing about in this thread... shooting indiscriminately an shit

at least in this day an age

townbizzEa$T O
prince
prince

Post by townbizzEa$T O » September 18th, 2016, 11:22 am

chicago got it for the big cities but overall then its detroit , Oakland , New Jersey , n Flint those cities have been the widest cities for a long time consistantly

Deezus
prince
prince

Post by Deezus » September 18th, 2016, 11:25 am

Jersey a state bro. But yeah pretty much all they cities is next level savage

PmoneY
superior
superior

Post by PmoneY » September 18th, 2016, 11:27 am

Yeah my nigga Murderside spoke tha real :2cents:

@Uptown,You on tha same point i was making lol N.y had at least 20 years straight of at least 2,000 bodies....Rates play a different factor kuz cities with tha biggest population is always the lowest but overall number's N.y had a really dangerous era from tha 70z-90z ...

And that's why i threw in Compton because Englewood is a neighborhood in Chicago,Just like Florence is in L.A
But Compton is a city right outside the city limits with it's own reputation separate from L.A.....Watts also functions like it's own city but it's a district of L.A,Pop of 24,000
85 murders tha worst Watts ever had,That murder rate is through tha roof....

What city right outside of Chicago city limits was like Compton,Inglewood,Long Beach in tha war years ?

Even New York got cities right outside Manhattan with their own violent reputation,Brooklyn,South Bronx
Queens and got districts like East New York,Flatbush etc

townbizzEa$T O
prince
prince

Post by townbizzEa$T O » September 18th, 2016, 11:28 am

Uptown Boy wrote:Jersey a state bro. But yeah pretty much all they cities is next level savage
:ohlawd: thought i typed camden nj

townbizzEa$T O
prince
prince

Post by townbizzEa$T O » September 18th, 2016, 11:29 am

not camden newark

Quiet-Q
godfather
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » September 18th, 2016, 11:33 am

Not all of the south bronx is wild...thats a myth that i mever got when niggahs on heremention that...same way most harlem niggahs aint fly prettyboy money getting niggahs (another stereotype)

When ny was getting around 2,000 bodies it was pockets not everywhere...the thing now is alotta them pockets shrunk from then to now..& the politics was different...like i always say on here during them times ny was drug crew heavy & laws was different ..policing was different...niggahs was still getting killed by cops but drug crews was wild...when the blood & crip shit came the murder rate dropped every yr ontop of other shit(raisong rent...policing...mayor tactics etc)

Quiet-Q
godfather
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » September 18th, 2016, 11:38 am

Niggahs seem to think ny started getting safera year or 2 ago...shit has been going that way for quite some time...the hot pockets that do tend to wild out now aint touching how they used to be back then.

Everybody has they own opinions on shit but its like niggahs tend to overhype/exxagerate how wild shit really be ...

Deezus
prince
prince

Post by Deezus » September 18th, 2016, 11:43 am

I'm a 80s baby from the heart of the X (border between north and south) and there was a huge difference between north and south. The south and was definitely way more wild on insane levels back then. Unheard of shit like niggas heads being found on top of poles in Crotona park and a gorilla body being found in the street burned.insane shit. North Bronx was cool. These days shit different. South Bronx simmered down and north Bronx got a little Wilder to the point it's almost even.

Right Dope Boy
underboss
underboss

Post by Right Dope Boy » September 18th, 2016, 11:44 am

Q. wrote:Niggahs seem to think ny started getting safera year or 2 ago...shit has been going that way for quite some time...the hot pockets that do tend to wild out now aint touching how they used to be back then.

Everybody has they own opinions on shit but its like niggahs tend to overhype/exxagerate how wild shit really be ...

I don't think it was the blood/crip shit that calmed shit down more the militant police tactics nypd started to employ cuz of the dumb murders happening years after years

Quiet-Q
godfather
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » September 18th, 2016, 11:48 am

I lived in the next jects behind Webster & butler (morris on wash) during the 90s for a short time (when i wasnt living there i was visiting weekly since thats my grandmoms & dad,father side of family hood for 25-30 years)...i remember seeing times when cops has blocks taped off & neighbors would say how they found bodies chopped up & stuffed in gaebage bags & all types of looney shit.

The thing is the northside had pocketa that was wild during the 90s..edenwald..the valley..etc always was wilding...same way every pocket in the south bronx wasnt wild during the 90s...last yr though uptown was definitely the wildest area

Deezus
prince
prince

Post by Deezus » September 18th, 2016, 11:49 am

Bloods and crips def helped in toning shit down. That's a fact. Proof is how niggas wildin now as bloods and crips are phasing out.

Quiet-Q
godfather
godfather

Post by Quiet-Q » September 18th, 2016, 11:50 am

Xantana wrote:
Q. wrote:Niggahs seem to think ny started getting safera year or 2 ago...shit has been going that way for quite some time...the hot pockets that do tend to wild out now aint touching how they used to be back then.

I don't think it was the blood/crip shit that calmed shit down more the militant police tactics nypd started to employ cuz of the dumb murders happening years after years
You young so you really wouldnt know..but the late 90s the policing wasnt as crucial as it is in the 2000s....alotta hoods that would beef over crews became cool off the strength of blooding & crippin

Right Dope Boy
underboss
underboss

Post by Right Dope Boy » September 18th, 2016, 11:53 am

Uptown Boy wrote:Bloods and crips def helped in toning shit down. That's a fact. Proof is how niggas wildin now as bloods and crips are phasing out.
Thing is with that is block crews/homegrown shit making a comeback

Anyways I wouldn't know about that Era because I was young/wasn't active then

But look at it now.... nypd adapted to the heavy violence popping around yalls era and applied militant police tactics and lil by lil stopped the wild murders popping because niggas had to stop being reckless with the gun play nahmean?

Like look at now, every few months seems like the feds come and sweep hundreds of niggas in block crew / blood crip gang if they makin too much noise

Right Dope Boy
underboss
underboss

Post by Right Dope Boy » September 18th, 2016, 11:54 am

Damn I can't type and shit :lol:

Deezus
prince
prince

Post by Deezus » September 18th, 2016, 11:57 am

I dont disagree. Basically I'm saying both u and q right. The bloods and crips and policing both helped along with pricing the most low life niggas out the city.