NFL season is almost here fellas

godfather
godfather
Region: North East
Affiliation: avoiding nonsense

Re: NFL season is almost here fellas

Postby Q. » September 16th, 2016, 4:44 pm

murksiderock wrote:Revis has played longer than both, so based on resume right now, he's had a more productive career, but only slightly. Peterson and Sherman are only slightly behind him...

The 3 best corners of the 2010s so far, and all 3 of these niggas got a little ways to go to reach Woodson/Bailey status. It's looking like it's over for Revis though, if his best years are behind him, it's hard to say he was an all time great for the long haul. Nigga only 31... :facepalm:

His knee injuries is what slowed him down....he can still convert to zone..me personally i would put him in the slot now...he says hes looking forward to moving to safety though

boss
boss
Region: South
Affiliation: memories on corners with them Hunnas and Rus

Postby murksiderock » September 16th, 2016, 4:49 pm

Not a good argument, @Q!

That link is 4 years old, comparing a 2-year Sherman career to a 6-year Revis career. Clearly, Sherman's game has elevated (All-Pro every year since '12, truly elite 2013 and 2014, etc). We need to find a more modern comparison of both careers through 2015!

godfather
godfather

Postby Q. » September 16th, 2016, 4:53 pm

The article i posted was during revis best years though..everything after that is iffy (due to injury)

boss
boss
Region: South
Affiliation: memories on corners with them Hunnas and Rus

Postby murksiderock » September 16th, 2016, 4:55 pm

Q. wrote:The article i posted was during revis best years though..everything after that is iffy (due to injury)

Thats what im saying. That article can't mention Sherman's best years cause he didn't have them yet...

godfather
godfather

Postby Q. » September 16th, 2016, 5:01 pm

I found this article fron last season(2015)

--------

NFL.com

Who's better: Darrelle Revis or Richard Sherman?

Around the NFL will look at one compelling matchup or comparison each day leading up to Super Bowl XLIX. Today: The top best cornerbacks in football.

Darrelle Revis and Richard Sherman both earned first-team All-Pro selections for their efforts in 2014. Now we get to see them share the field in Super Bowl XLIX.

Their shared involvement in the biggest game of the season deserves a closer look at both players:

How they differ

Sherman and Revis are in their own class at cornerback. What makes a comparison interesting is that they attack the job in very different ways.

This can be traced back to scheme. Sherman is lined up almost exclusively on the left side of Seattle's tremendous secondary. ESPN's Field Yates wrote that Sherman played on the left side in 847 out of 928 defensive snaps this season, that's 91.3 percent of the time. While this is often cited as a strike against Sherman in discussions of the game's elite corners, the reality is that Dan Quinn's defense doesn't require a corner who will follow around a single receiver for three hours. Sherman could probably do that, too, but that's not what's asked of him.

Revis operates as a shutdown corner in a more traditional manner. It began over five standout seasons with the Jets and continued in his first year under Bill Belichick. (Revis' lone season in Tampa is best forgotten by all involved.) The Patriots have used him in the Revis Island role (locking on, and erasing, a single target) and as a floating entity who covers multiple receivers over four quarters. According to Yates, Revis lined up against five different receivers in Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

"We play the game two different ways," Sherman said last Wednesday. "He plays it more, I guess, meticulous. More conventional. People say his technique is a little more conventional and mine is more unorthodox, which means it's more difficult to replicate what I do on the football field. So everybody is going to make comparisons, but it's two different styles to compare. I play my way, he plays his way, and both of them are effective."

Personal history

Sherman drew the ire of Revis in early 2013 by hosting a video segment for Bleacher Report in which he asked tourists on Bourbon Street if he was better than Revis. The act was deemed disrespectful by Revis, who made the uncharacteristic move to hit back on Twitter.

Revis added more barbs before Sherman fired back.

Several months later, Revis again spoke critically of Sherman's boastful ways.

"He needs to quit attaching his career to my career," he said.

Things have calmed down in the time since, and Revis -- now collecting checks from Patriot Way -- is unlikely to say a peep. Can Sherman help himself?

Health factor

Revis earned a Pro Bowl nod in 2013, but it's hard to say he was all the way back from his September 2012 ACL tear. He appeared to regain pre-injury form with the Patriots, and enters Sunday with no known injuries.

The same can't be said for Sherman, who suffered a sprained elbow in the conference title game win over the Packers. Sherman said he's playing Sunday, but it remains unknown how much the injury might affect his play. Don't be surprised if we Sherman wearing a Gronk-like elbow protector.

Who's the better player?

Sherman is long and lean with great instincts and excellent ball skills that can be traced back to his days as a wide receiver at Stanford. Revis is shorter and thicker, with impeccable instincts, body control and speed that can keep up with even the swiftest of receivers.

Revis gets the edge for his proven ability to thrive in a variety of roles. Sherman is the perfect fit for what Seattle does, but his responsibility isn't at the same level. Sherman is also helped by having the greatest free safety in the planet in Earl Thomas playing next to him every Sunday.

Both players likely are headed to Canton, but give me Revis in a big spot. The Super Bowl certainly qualifies.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast reacts to Super Bowl Media Day and breaks down the storylines nobody is talking about. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

og
og
Location: #ChoppaZone ABK #Barnone III's Folkks, yakutan monoply,Dinero Los drogas del lujo
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: los zetas,farc,DIIIE-5,cali & CDL Kartel

Postby @][][]['s » September 16th, 2016, 5:14 pm

:umhm: big niggas kan get hit with this or I pull out the 9 or .40 :umhm: the bigger u are in life beefin with niggas like me, the worse your out-come is for u :shoot: I.E rudy rangel Jr aka latin krank kato :stoned: :lmao:

sk.jpg
sk.jpg (101.55 KiB) Viewed 290 times

^^ u kan get hit with that handsome or i'll pull out the small 9mm glock with 30 shots :lmao:
Attachments
glock 9.jpg
glock 9.jpg (81.62 KiB) Viewed 290 times

og
og
Location: #ChoppaZone ABK #Barnone III's Folkks, yakutan monoply,Dinero Los drogas del lujo

Postby @][][]['s » October 3rd, 2016, 5:03 pm

:umhm: DIIIE- pats :shoot: cheating asses loss, and da cowboys be lucky as hell tho :cmon:
great win for the steelers last night

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: Neutral

Postby Schultz718 » October 3rd, 2016, 5:12 pm

The Giants 2-1 that's a good start. they playing the Vikings tonight.

underboss
underboss
Affiliation: FUCK THE OTHERSIDE NO DISRESPECT

Postby Right Dope Boy » October 3rd, 2016, 5:15 pm

T Ochoa ™ wrote::umhm: big niggas kan get hit with this or I pull out the 9 or .40 :umhm: the bigger u are in life beefin with niggas like me, the worse your out-come is for u :shoot: I.E rudy rangel Jr aka latin krank kato :stoned: :lmao:

sk.jpg

^^ u kan get hit with that handsome or i'll pull out the small 9mm glock with 30 shots :lmao:

twenty that look like brick weed fam

og
og

Postby @][][]['s » October 3rd, 2016, 5:59 pm

KNOWN SHOOTER wrote:
T Ochoa ™ wrote::umhm: big niggas kan get hit with this or I pull out the 9 or .40 :umhm: the bigger u are in life beefin with niggas like me, the worse your out-come is for u :shoot: I.E rudy rangel Jr aka latin krank kato :stoned: :lmao:

sk.jpg

twenty that look like brick weed fam

it iz but I didn't smoke it , I sold it for $500 and bought dem handgun glocks on the other pic I won't upload :lmao:

superior
superior

Postby HANDSOMEHUSTLER44 » October 3rd, 2016, 7:38 pm

that boy Julio tho :tedthinks:

godfather
godfather

Postby Q. » October 18th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (4.89 KiB) Viewed 224 times

og
og

Postby @][][]['s » November 27th, 2016, 8:29 pm

HANDSOMEHUSTLER44 wrote:that boy Julio tho :tedthinks:

falcons still good and julio was head dumb ass nigga :lmao: patriots suck, new York jets suck, new York giants ain't on shit, cowboys whoopin all they asses :lmao:

og
og
Affiliation: your baby moms

Postby SHANKZILLA » November 27th, 2016, 10:17 pm

T Ochoa ™ wrote:
HANDSOMEHUSTLER44 wrote:that boy Julio tho :tedthinks:

falcons still good and julio was head dumb ass nigga :lmao: patriots suck, new York jets suck, new York giants ain't on shit, cowboys whoopin all they asses :lmao:

Giants got the third best record in the nfc :rosssip: :rosssip:

Previous

Return to Lobby