boss
boss
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: Neutral

Hobos street gang linked to 9 killings

Postby HoodProphet » June 16th, 2016, 10:31 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

Bodied rivals, and a dude from Los Angeles :ohhh:

Thee Hobos street gang earned a reputation for ruthlessness, killing rivals and snitches to spread fear and maintain control of their lucrative cocaine, crack and heroin operations, federal prosecutors allege.

Look no further than Arnold Council, a reputed high-ranking member of the gang who was captured on an undercover recording defending the killing of informant Keith Daniels after he dared to cooperate with law enforcement, according to authorities. Daniels was no ordinary snitch — he was Council's brother.

Prosecutors said Daniels was shot 25 times in a brazen attack outside his home in front of his three young children. Authorities had moved him to the south suburbs in an effort to protect him from retaliation.

With seven Hobos scheduled to go to trial in September, prosecutors alleged for the first time this week that the gang was responsible for nine killings as well as countless shootings, robberies and home invasions. No gang has been charged in a federal indictment with that level of violence since the El Rukns two decades ago.

Arnold Council is a reputed high-ranking member of the Hobos street gang. (U.S. Attorney's office)
Among the fatal victims were two gang rivals who had just attended a funeral, a semipro basketball player who was mistaken for someone else, an innocent bystander from Los Angeles who was visiting relatives and an elderly woman who was killed in a car crash as police chased a fleeing Hobo member.

The killings took place between 2006 and 2013, but the court filing made public Tuesday provides a glimpse at the endemic gang violence that continues to plague Chicago this year with homicides and shootings both rising by about 50 percent.

"I would say they are on par with any level of gang violence from the Latin Kings to any other organization," said Steve Grimes, a former federal prosecutor who headed up the early investigation of the gang. "They were ruthless. Ask anybody from CPD. At their peak, they were running the city."

The 104-page prosecution filing alleged the Hobos represented a new breed of street gang that was made up of members from diverse gangs who were once rivals. Many of the Hobos started in the shuttered Robert Taylor public housing complex from factions of the Gangster Disciples and the Black Disciples street gangs, authorities have said.

The origin of the name is uncertain — possibly a reference to the loss of their homes after the razing of the Robert Taylor complex. But members called each other Hobo during conversations, got tattoos identifying themselves as Hobos and used a unique hand sign, authorities said.

The gang's criminal activity dates to at least 2004, authorities said. The Hobos quickly became so feared for their ruthlessness and violence, particularly on the South Side, that "they felt that they could put their drugs out for sale on any block in the city and nobody would give them problems," the filing said.

Hobos street gang member admits to 3 murders
Hobos street gang member admits to 3 murders
To back up its threats, the Hobos used high-powered guns, including assault rifles and handguns with 30-shot magazines — an unusual arsenal for a street gang, authorities said.

To enhance its street reputation, the gang carried out robberies and home invasions of drug dealers and other well-off targets, including Bobby Simmons, a former NBA player whose white gold necklace worth more than $200,000 was stolen from him at gunpoint in June 2006 outside a Chicago nightclub.

The Hobos had numerous violent disputes with other gang factions as well, tangling with the likes of the Fifth Ward Black Disciples, the New Town Black Disciples, the Gutterville Mickey Cobras and the Row Row Gangster Disciples over drug territory, authorities said.

"The Hobos' violence against rivals increased their reputation and allowed the Hobos to maintain their power on the streets, while decreasing the likelihood that other gang factions would seek to retaliate," the filing said.

Prosecutors will rely on undercover recordings, recorded calls of Hobo members to relatives and associates from state prison or Cook County Jail, and testimony by former gang members who are now cooperating in hopes of winning reduced prison sentences. Snippets of some of those recorded conversations were detailed in the filing.

Many of those witnesses have extensive criminal records — a point that defense lawyers are sure to highlight. At least one was a convicted murderer who was personally involved in much of the violence tied to the Hobos.

One key informant told authorities that the Hobos used multiple cars in robberies or shootings to block police if necessary and wore batting gloves or used hand sanitizer to prevent leaving gunshot residue on their hands.

Among those scheduled to go on trial Sept. 6 are Gregory "Bowlegs" Chester, who was considered the overall leader of the Hobos because of his connections to drug suppliers, authorities said. His nickname stemmed from a birth defect, but he ruled with an iron fist, they alleged.

Hobos reputed gang leader Paris Poe's arm tattoo shows the misspelled rank of "Cheif Hobo." (U.S. Attorney's office)
Anyone who dared cooperate against the Hobos during their heyday faced the threat of death. In fact, the first and last homicides charged by authorities involved informants.

A drug dealer named Wilbert Moore was gunned down in January 2006 in front of a barbershop in the Bronzeville neighborhood because of his cooperation with authorities. The alleged gunman, Paris Poe, among the seven scheduled to go to trial, was accused of firing at Moore from a car at 43rd Street and Cottage Grove Avenue after being tipped off that Moore would be there.

Eight months later, Chester was shot multiple times at a car wash at 76th Street and Vincennes Avenue. Poe fired back, authorities said, but an innocent bystander, Kevin Thompson, was fatally wounded. Thompson had traveled from Los Angeles to visit relatives here for his 42nd birthday.

Thompson's sister, Anthea Scott, reached by telephone Wednesday, said she knew little more than that her brother had been caught in the middle of a gun battle. She said her family would call police periodically but never was given any details.

Family members traveled to Chicago to see the crime scene in hopes of getting an idea of what happened, Scott said, but someone warned them to leave the area because it was a gang-infested.

"After a while, it just got so depressing for us," said Scott, 53. "We just said we'll leave it to God."

In December 2007, Eddie Moss Jr. had stepped outside the front door of his father's Englewood house early one morning when he was cut down by a barrage of gunfire.

Paris Poe (Handout)
His father, Eddie Sr., told reporters at the time that he made it outside to see his son take his last breath.

The younger Moss, 24, was a semipro basketball player in Portugal who had come home after his mother's death and was waiting to hear from his agent where he would play overseas next.

According to authorities, an alleged Hobo named Byron Brown had ordered an unarmed Moss down on the ground and emptied his pistol into Moss, killing him execution-style. The shooting was in retaliation for the wounding of a Hobos member — a man who is now expected to be a key witness against the gang at the upcoming trial.

It turned out that Moss was killed after being mistakenly targeted as a rival gang member.

Another innocent victim of the gang was an elderly woman who was killed in July 2008 when an SUV driven by a Hobo crashed into her car while being chased by Chicago police.

Tommye Ruth Freeman was driving in the 7600 block of South State Street when the SUV containing Hobos ran a red light. Authorities said the Hobos were fleeing from police after committing a home invasion of a suspect drug dealer.

Brown, the alleged driver, was convicted of murder in Freeman's death in 2012 and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

asweeney@tribpub.com

ooog
ooog
Affiliation: I-95

Re: Hobos street gang linked to 9 killings

Postby BluntedUp » June 16th, 2016, 10:48 pm

let me find out they bodied p money :lol:

boss
boss

Postby HoodProphet » June 16th, 2016, 10:50 pm

This ain't a diss to LA, but I notice when dude from Chicago got whooped on the bus, the interview the piasa and he said he never seen a fight before :ill:

Then in this article dude from LA got bodied and they brought his family to Chicago and they said they had to leave cause it was too depressing and to many gangs.

LA got that suburban look, Chicago got the concrete jungle rundown look like b-more Philly, NY, Nj

ooog
ooog
Affiliation: I-95

Postby BluntedUp » June 16th, 2016, 10:55 pm

it do look suburban but dont sleep, florida basically the east's version of southern cali in terms of looks. Same goes for the hoods but them shits is grimey. they infastrure resemble LA's but look damn near worse than all them spots u mentioned.

some spots in liberty look like a different country :lol:

boss
boss

Postby HoodProphet » June 16th, 2016, 11:00 pm

I know that's how Rogers Park is, looks quiet clean cut, next to the lake, loyola college, nice lawns, but its slick grimey

og
og
Location: in the middle of your gurl's ass with my tongue, licking shit , sticking shit til she's numb
Affiliation: los zetas,farc,Bmf,cali & CDL Kartel

Postby ILick-Queens » June 17th, 2016, 11:47 am

HoodProphet wrote:This ain't a diss to LA, but I notice when dude from Chicago got whooped on the bus, the interview the piasa and he said he never seen a fight before :ill:

Then in this article dude from LA got bodied and they brought his family to Chicago and they said they had to leave cause it was too depressing and to many gangs.

LA got that suburban look, Chicago got the concrete jungle rundown look like b-more Philly, NY, Nj

that's some lame shit tho, them hobos i been heard about but they went to war with who mickey cobras :cmon: southside black gangs sometimes be <westside ones, hobos wouldn't do dat in no Austin, Lawndale and G.field park tho and then the article said they the most violent and ruthless since the El-rukyns :lmao:

underboss
underboss
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: 11-9

Postby BuffaloCriss » June 17th, 2016, 12:00 pm

Lil 5tar wrote:
HoodProphet wrote:This ain't a diss to LA, but I notice when dude from Chicago got whooped on the bus, the interview the piasa and he said he never seen a fight before :ill:

that's some lame shit tho, them hobos i been heard about but they went to war with who mickey cobras :cmon: southside black gangs sometimes be <westside ones, hobos wouldn't do dat in no Austin, Lawndale and G.field park tho and then the article said they the most violent and ruthless since the El-rukyns :lmao:

southside>

boss
boss

Postby HoodProphet » June 17th, 2016, 12:13 pm

that's some lame shit tho, them hobos i been heard about but they went to war with who mickey cobras :cmon: southside black gangs sometimes be <westside ones, hobos wouldn't do dat in no Austin, Lawndale and G.field park tho and then the article said they the most violent and ruthless since the El-rukyns

Yea the article said just as violent as Latin Kings :cmon: :facepalm: Black gangs the most violent, for spanish gangs kings up there, but for there size not that much, they also the most dropped spanish mob to I was reading

og
og
Location: in the middle of your gurl's ass with my tongue, licking shit , sticking shit til she's numb

Postby ILick-Queens » June 17th, 2016, 12:18 pm

BuffaloCriss wrote:
Lil 5tar wrote:

southside>

so be non bias with me let's convo, was the hobos gdn and bdn mixed up ? and was they 1 of the most feared clicks and mobs on the southside?? if they was u think they kan go vs syndicate 4 outwest the 4oes, souls, gd's n i forgot the other mob :lol:

boss
boss

Postby HoodProphet » June 17th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Not out South so can't speak on it, and I know how the media gets facts twisted and adds fluff. Stillon1 probably know more. This gang similar to the Bum family Maniacs that was warring with other MLD hoods and other mobs around the park

og
og

Postby ILick-Queens » June 17th, 2016, 12:33 pm

HoodProphet wrote:Not out South so can't speak on it, and I know how the media gets facts twisted and adds fluff. Stillon1 probably know more. This gang similar to the Bum family Maniacs that was warring with other MLD hoods and other mobs around the park

when u said kings is 1 of the most latin mobs who get killed a lot, who does the droppin the saints :umhm: the ones who got stillon1 and back of the yards blacks skard :umhm: or is saints considered a white/latino mob :lol:

boss
boss

Postby HoodProphet » June 17th, 2016, 1:17 pm

I posted it on here it was a fbi article, most killed gang in chicago were gds, lords, stones and kings were 4th.

Kings big as hell so they in to it with all the latin folks nearby. by my hood they in to it with mlds, cobras, ylods, ylocs, igs. But them latin folk at it with each other more then kings, mlds and cobras and igs and cobras :whew:

superior
superior
Affiliation: 51st

Postby G Mac » June 17th, 2016, 1:38 pm

Twenty u silly man.the saint been getting drilled by razas lately.saints renegades,they be at kings n vice versa.

og
og

Postby ILick-Queens » June 17th, 2016, 1:57 pm

G Mac wrote:Twenty u silly man.the saint been getting drilled by razas lately.saints renegades,they be at kings n vice versa.

nawl i just say dat, bkuz i hate how ya'll be telling me ,it's segregated and ya'll can't live in some of their hoods :facepalm: :smh:

underboss
underboss

Postby FlexinOnMyCamel » June 17th, 2016, 2:02 pm

lemme find out bums runnin shit like a track meet in chicago :lmao: :ill:

superior
superior

Postby G Mac » June 17th, 2016, 2:08 pm

The hobos from the low end.I remember them being around 47th Michigan (The Rosenwald) and 51st Indiana.they was around when the streets was structured,and was a click of hittas like the bogus boyz n crazy crew.All the gd n bd not a surprise cause low end was majority gds until like 94 when 45 n Champlain n new town flipped bd.so the hobos most likely related.

superior
superior

Postby G Mac » June 17th, 2016, 2:19 pm

Lil 5tar wrote:
G Mac wrote:Twenty u silly man.the saint been getting drilled by razas lately.saints renegades,they be at kings n vice versa.

nawl i just say dat, bkuz i hate how ya'll be telling me ,it's segregated and ya'll can't live in some of their hoods :facepalm: :smh:

I don't know who said we can't live they hoods.Chicago always been segrated depending on where u live.back of the yards southwest side.its black n latino,mostly latino.and here u don't wanna live in somebody else hood,when u can die on yo own block

boss
boss

Postby HoodProphet » June 17th, 2016, 2:25 pm

Chicago is segregated, Humboldt Park half Puerto Rican half black though and Austin a hop n a skip away.

Logan was mostly puerto rican, but now its 40 percent white yuppies and hipsters turning it in to, bucktown wicker park.

I think Back of the yards the Southside version of humboldt though half mexican half black. Other then that its mostly segregated

Return to Lobby