Africa’s biggest Jesus statue’ unveiled in Nigeria

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Africa’s biggest Jesus statue’ unveiled in Nigeria

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 2:48 pm

http://abiyamo.com/africas-biggest-jesu ... n-nigeria/

Nigeria on Friday unveiled a nine-metre tall statue of Jesus Christ carved from white marble, thought to be the biggest of its kind in Africa.

Standing barefoot with arms outstretched, the “Jesus de Greatest” statue weighs in at 40 tonnes.

More than 100 priests and hundreds of Catholic worshippers attended the nine-metre (30-foot) statue’s official unveiling in the village of Abajah in southeastern Nigeria.

It was commissioned by Obinna Onuoha, a local businessman who hired a Chinese company to carve it and placed it in the grounds of a 2000-capacity church that he built in 2012.

In his homily at a Mass before unveiling the statue, presiding bishop Augustine Tochukwu Okwuoma said it would be a “very great symbol of faith” for Catholic worshippers and passers-by alike.

“It will remind them of the importance of Jesus Christ,” said Okwuoma.

The cost of the statue has not been revealed.

Earlier in the week, Onuoha told AFP it would be “the biggest statue of Jesus on the continent.”

The 43-year-old boss of an oil and gas distribution company timed the statue’s unveiling to coincide with his parents’ 50th wedding anniversary.

Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country with 170 million people, is split between a more prosperous Christian south and a poor Muslim north — an occasional source of tension.

More than 17,000 people have been killed in Islamist group Boko Haram’s six-year quest to create an independent state but the violence has been mainly confined to Nigeria’s Muslim-majority north.

And even as Nigeria rings in 2016, the ever-present threat of violence by Boko Haram hangs heavy over the country, despite official claims that the battle against the Islamist group has been “technically” won.

“We think religions can exist side by side,” Onuoha said. “We hope that people can live in harmony.”

He said the idea of building a giant statue of Jesus came to him in a dream nearly 20 years ago.

And when his 68-year-old mother fell seriously ill a few years ago, she made him promise that he would build a church if she survived. -YAHOO

:wow:
they know where to pull this. IN WEST AFRICA. TAKE ALL KNOWLEDGE AWAY AND WHORSHIP WHITE JESUS WHO ISNT ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

ReclezzRenegade
prince
prince

Re: Africa’s biggest Jesus statue’ unveiled in Nigeria

Post by ReclezzRenegade » January 3rd, 2016, 2:55 pm

you know...for a nigga that claim too not know the bible but only few passages u quote the bible like a mufucka

ReclezzRenegade
prince
prince

Post by ReclezzRenegade » January 3rd, 2016, 2:55 pm

remind me of some of dem sa neter debating niggas :ohhh:

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 3:10 pm

Universal-God wrote:you know...for a nigga that claim too not know the bible but only few passages u quote the bible like a mufucka

lets just say i know enough to know that the so called Jesus was black and the chosen people were black

but this is White supremacy in the motherland

BluntedUp
ooog
ooog

Post by BluntedUp » January 3rd, 2016, 3:11 pm

Lol I be tellin yall all the bible is is a tool. yall hardheaded fucks dont listen tho. got niggas worshiping a white dude with long hair in the motherland :lmao:

whites would never worship a black god tho. how that go :yeahaight:

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 3:25 pm

I want to know what my nigga spit and bomber thinks about this. before they say some slick shit, just know the game is cold and them Hamites will bury you niggas if yall tried to confront that white Jesus model.. oh yeah Its a Wrap it would really be Its A Wrap for you, go over there trying to punk that model, ur done!! faneto :lol: :facepalm: :wow:

http://www.legalizejesus.com/2011/12/13 ... ther-of-5/

“I FOUND GOD… WHILE POSING AS JESUS”: MODEL TURNS TO CHRIST AFTER PLAYING HIM IN AFRICA PHOTO SHOOT — THEN FINDS LOVE WITH A MOTHER OF 5

Jesus works in mysterious ways…

‘I found God… while posing as Jesus’: Model

turns to religion after playing Christ in Africa

photo shoot (and finds love with a mother of five

too)

By MARK DUELL

Six years ago this man met a woman in a bookshop – and the encounter ended up changing his life.

As a result in that chance meeting, Phillip Miner, of Provo, Utah, went on to travel to Lusaka, Zambia, to model as Jesus Christ – and during his time out there he found the Saviour himself.

While in Africa he also met Kathy Headlee, a single mother of five from Cedar Hills, Utah. They ended up marrying and merging their families – her five children and his two sons.

a Young BluntedUp :lol: :killself:
Awakening: Phillip Miner, of Provo, Utah, travelled to Lusaka, Zambia, to model as Jesus Christ, and while he was out there he found the Saviour himself

Happy kids: Mr Miner flew out to Africa to an orphanage for children whose parents had died of AIDS

Jumping for joy: The children were overwhelmed and tearful at Mr Miner’s appearance among them
Mr Miner’s story began in a Border’s store in 2005 when he was mistaken as another model used by artist Liz Lemon Swindle, reported the Deseret News.

Before then he had left the Mormon church aged 14, got married, became a father aged 19, had another son and divorced his wife.

Mr Miner had no interest in religion but a lady who worked with Ms Swindle noticed him in the bookshop and said he could be an understudy for a model of Jesus, named Christopher Crofts.

‘I knew this Jesus guy really didn’t mean anything to me, but I got that he was a big deal in a lot of people’s lives,’ he told the Deseret News, so he decided to help out.

Lovely photos: Mr Miner had gone out to Zambia on a photography trip – but he got more than expected

Holding hands: Many of the children photographed had lost their parents to AIDS – or had AIDS themselves

Posing: The idea of the project was for artist Liz Lemon Swindle to capture Mr Miner as if he was Jesus
His big break came when aid organisation Mothers Without Borders asked Ms Swindle if she could create paintings of Jesus interacting with African children – and the charity would take the profits.

‘I told one 12-year-old girl that I was there to remind her that Jesus knows and loves her. She started sobbing, weeping and wailing’

Phillip Miner

So in 2007 they flew out to Africa to an orphanage for children whose parents had died of AIDS. The children were overwhelmed and tearful at Mr Miner’s appearance among them.

‘I told one 12-year-old girl that I was there to remind her that Jesus knows and loves her,’ he told the Deseret News. ‘She started sobbing, weeping and wailing.’

Then one day in Africa he could not get out of bed, feeling flu-like symptoms, dehydrated and emotionally broken. A young volunteer gave him a blessing in an attempt to make him feel better.

Happy couple: During the trip he met Kathy, right, who founded Mothers Without Borders 11 years ago

The family: (left to right) Bottom row: Luke Drake, Mary and Moses Banford (in the giraffe suit); Middle row: Adam Barker, Heather and Wiley Barker (in leopard suit) Phillip Miner, Kathy Headlee Miner, Christopher and Matthew Banford (in the zebra suit); Top row: Carlin Miner, Jackson Miner, Elena Drake, Lizz and Steven Martin
‘Until then, I was on a paid vacation having some interesting experiences,’ Mr Miner told the Deseret News. ‘Then a stranger laid his hands on my head – it became clear that these weren’t his words.’

‘This Jesus guy is really kind of a big deal to a lot of people. I just happen to be one of those people now’

Phillip Miner

It was then that he decided it was time for the actor Jesus Christ to follow the real Jesus Christ.

In addition, during the trip he met Kathy, who founded Mothers Without Borders 11 years ago. He went back home and broke up with his girlfriend. Two months later they married and merged their families.

‘I go back to where I started,’ Mr Miner told the Deseret News. ‘This Jesus guy is really kind of a big deal to a lot of people. I just happen to be one of those people now.’

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 3:31 pm

:lol: im tripping out over here. any nigga on this site if u even dare shove that white model amongst them africans it would quickly turn into that scene from Resident Evil 5

i dont know if i should laugh or shake my head

1800blk
superior
superior

Post by 1800blk » January 3rd, 2016, 3:32 pm

BluntedUp wrote:Lol I be tellin yall all the bible is is a tool. yall hardheaded fucks dont listen tho. got niggas worshiping a white dude with long hair in the motherland :lmao:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Jesus was black damn sure shitted on that argument fast u wanna try again :comeon:

BluntedUp
ooog
ooog

Post by BluntedUp » January 3rd, 2016, 3:37 pm

1800blk wrote:
BluntedUp wrote:Lol I be tellin yall all the bible is is a tool. yall hardheaded fucks dont listen tho. got niggas worshiping a white dude with long hair in the motherland :lmao:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Jesus was black damn sure shitted on that argument fast u wanna try again :comeon:
what are you even saying. Did it look like I was debating what race Jesus was? Reading comprehension boy :cmon:

1800blk
superior
superior

Post by 1800blk » January 3rd, 2016, 3:40 pm

BluntedUp wrote:
1800blk wrote:

what are you even saying. Did it look like I was debating what race Jesus was? Reading comprehension boy :cmon:
ok lets make this really simple you said "whites would never worship a black god tho" but Jesus is black n the savior of the biggest religion in the world and was considered 2 have the spirit of God so pretty much what i was saying is white ppl do worship a black God no debate just facts thats all :tiphat:

1800blk
superior
superior

Post by 1800blk » January 3rd, 2016, 3:41 pm

1800blk wrote:
BluntedUp wrote:
1800blk wrote:

ok lets make this really simple you said "whites would never worship a black god tho" but Jesus is black n the savior of the biggest religion in the world and was considered 2 have the spirit of God so pretty much what i was saying is white ppl do worship a black God no debate just facts thats all :tiphat:
plus u did mention he was white so it seems like my reading comprehension aint the prob u just thought i wasn't paying attention i guess :shrug:

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 3:42 pm

1800blk wrote:

:2cents: :salute: :approve: :approve:

BluntedUp
ooog
ooog

Post by BluntedUp » January 3rd, 2016, 3:43 pm

:facepalm: stop playin foolish what image do they worship. A white jesus right?

Yet niggas dont worship the so called black jesus they worshiping what the whites worship. So move along with that, my point is still valid. :cmon:

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 3:49 pm

BluntedUp wrote::facepalm: stop playin foolish what image do they worship. A white jesus right?

Yet niggas dont worship the so called black jesus they worshiping what the whites worship. So move along with that, my point is still valid. :cmon:

without knowing the whites are whorshipping a black Christ so hold this my nigga

BluntedUp
ooog
ooog

Post by BluntedUp » January 3rd, 2016, 3:52 pm

chillidog wrote:
BluntedUp wrote::facepalm: stop playin foolish what image do they worship. A white jesus right?

without knowing the whites are whorshipping a black Christ so hold this my nigga
Lol fuck up

At the end of the day the man they worship in they image is white. At the end of the day the Africans worship that same dude.

Yall 2 can claim son is black. And Jesus can really be black. Dont change the fact that most the Christians in the world(including niggas blacker than yall 2) claim white jesus. :321: :lol:

ReclezzRenegade
prince
prince

Post by ReclezzRenegade » January 3rd, 2016, 3:53 pm

:lol: im takin dat gif

1800blk
superior
superior

Post by 1800blk » January 3rd, 2016, 4:03 pm

:whaat: nigga he was born n the middle east lived n Africa shit the Bible said the man is black they know hes black even if they dont admit it so no ur point is not valid if it was i wouldnt have said nothing like i feel u should do but thats just my :2cents:

1800blk
superior
superior

Post by 1800blk » January 3rd, 2016, 4:04 pm

on a completely unrelated note when did they take the affiliation of our profiles?

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 4:04 pm

BluntedUp wrote:
chillidog wrote:

Lol fuck up

At the end of the day the man they worship in they image is white. At the end of the day the Africans worship that same dude.

Yall 2 can claim son is black. And Jesus can really be black. Dont change the fact that most the Christians in the world(including niggas blacker than yall 2) claim white jesus. :321: :lol:

Its all White Supremacy at its finest. take a black man history and make it their own, but its still black history

u got the game fucked up. if u taken a bulldoser to that White Jesus statue them same africans which are of the same complexion as you will snatch u out of that bulldoser and bury u, or just set u on fire.. tell me if im lying :yeahright: they ride for the white man :facepalm:

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 4:06 pm

giving blunt a lil history lesson

The name of this west African town is historically called Judah. I wonder why

Ouidah/ˈwiːdə/, historically also called Whydah/ˈhwaɪdə/, Juda,[2]Juida by the French[3] and Ajudá by the Portuguese,[4] formally the Kingdom of Whydah

The called it the kingdom of Judah

And it's located in the area called negroland
On today's modern maps the place is called Ouidah, which means Whydah or Judah.

The first slaves were brought to the America's in 1510 - Notice: in the above map, the kingdom of Judah became. or were renamed "Whidah (Judah) Slave Coast

1800blk
superior
superior

Post by 1800blk » January 3rd, 2016, 4:07 pm

BluntedUp wrote:
chillidog wrote:

Lol fuck up

its intelligence over emotions white ppls emotions want Jesus 2 b white but they're intelligence tells them hes black the only reason they continue 2 push the bs kuz they think niggas 2 dumb 2 ever figure it out its just like slave days they pushed Christianity on us but aint teach us how 2 read kuz they never wanted us 2 find the power that lies n the bible plus it would b hard 2 b a slave owner if we actually knew what the bible said in those days

BluntedUp
ooog
ooog

Post by BluntedUp » January 3rd, 2016, 4:09 pm

chillidog wrote:
BluntedUp wrote:
chillidog wrote:

Lol fuck up

Its all White Supremacy at its finest. take a black man history and make it their own, but its still black history

u got the game fucked up. if u taken a bulldoser to that White Jesus statue them same africans which are of the same complexion as you will snatch u out of that bulldoser and bury u, or just set u on fire.. tell me if im lying :yeahright: they ride for the white man :facepalm:
White supremacy? They did that on they own friend.

All it is is the Bible. They sent white missionaries over there who brought with them they white jesus. Thats who Africans believe is they lord and savior :whaat:

They never were introduced to no black jesus cause that concept didn't exist to them so therefore it aint they history :whaat:

@1800 They still worship a white jesus regardless of who he really was or what yall think he really is. And the Africans do the same. :hmm:

Only people who worship a black jesus is black americans who claim everything is black cuz they have no true identity that they themselves can hang on to :whaat:

BluntedUp
ooog
ooog

Post by BluntedUp » January 3rd, 2016, 4:12 pm

1800blk wrote:
BluntedUp wrote:
chillidog wrote:

Lol fuck up

its intelligence over emotions white ppls emotions want Jesus 2 b white but they're intelligence tells them hes black the only reason they continue 2 push the bs kuz they think niggas 2 dumb 2 ever figure it out its just like slave days they pushed Christianity on us but aint teach us how 2 read kuz they never wanted us 2 find the power that lies n the bible plus it would b hard 2 b a slave owner if we actually knew what the bible said in those days
Do you really belief that bullshit you just typed?

We wasn't even concern with what ever was in the bible in the first place. They converted us from islam and other religions that they deemed savage and barbaric. They didn't want us to read because why encourage a slave to do anything other than slave. Niggas who did know how to read and write in those days didn't give a fuck about a bible. :whaat:

1800blk
superior
superior

Post by 1800blk » January 3rd, 2016, 4:16 pm

BluntedUp wrote:
chillidog wrote:
BluntedUp wrote:
chillidog wrote:

Lol fuck up

All it is is the Bible. They sent white missionaries over there who brought with them they white jesus. Thats who Africans believe is they lord and savior :whaat:

They never were introduced to no black jesus cause that concept didn't exist to them so therefore it aint they history :whaat:

@1800 They still worship a white jesus regardless of who he really was or what yall think he really is. And the Africans do the same. :hmm:

Only people who worship a black jesus is black americans who claim everything is black cuz they have no true identity that they themselves can hang on to :whaat:
look im just going off the evidence thats all if anybody tells u Jesus is white they mentally retarded if anything he was middle eastern or arab but theres no way he would b white and if he was they def wouldve killed him kuz he wouldve been the only white person within 1000 miles at least but no reason 2 argue bout it kuz i see thats all ur tryin 2 do u got it bruh i worship i white dude from the middle east with nappy hair n a big ass nigga nose :cmon:

The Chosen One
ooog
ooog

Post by The Chosen One » January 3rd, 2016, 4:19 pm

BluntedUp wrote:
chillidog wrote:
BluntedUp wrote:
chillidog wrote:

Lol fuck up

so would them Africans kill u or not for knocking down their white Jesus? :yeahright: