Most Anticipated Rap Album Of All Time

PmoneY
superior
superior
Region: West
Affiliation: ThuggN

Most Anticipated Rap Album Of All Time

Post by PmoneY » February 24th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Hopefully 2015 is a good year for hip hop homie, But it just seem like tha rap game not popping how it used to be,I know niggaz is waiting on Kendrick 2nd album, Wayne Carter 5 & Dre Detox is now myth so i wanna know what niggaz think was tha most Anticipated album of All time,First week sales, Overall sales today, hearing about it dropping weeks before, The buzz of wanting to hear tha album .....

I got a list of albums in no order but remember tha stupid buzz before it dropped

Snoop Doggystyle
Pac All eyez on me
Jayz blueprint
50 cent get rich or die trying
Biggie Ready to die & Life after Death
Lil wayne carter 3
Makaveli 7 day theory
Eminem marshall mathers
Game documentary
T.i papertrail
Dre Chronic 2001
Drake Thank me later

What's niggaz think ????

Stray-Matter
lieutenant
lieutenant
Region: Midwest
Affiliation: Retired Folks UA, IG

Re: Most Anticipated Rap Album Of All Time

Post by Stray-Matter » February 24th, 2015, 12:33 pm

NWA Straight Outta Compton
Dre Chronic
Mobb Deep....My personal shit I always was waiting for.

Bel Airs
boss
boss
Affiliation: Neutral

Post by Bel Airs » February 24th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Damn no Kanye albums but a drake album :cmon:

PmoneY
superior
superior

Post by PmoneY » February 24th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Kanye album when he went at it with 50 was anticipated but Kanye alone i don't think he had a buzz like Wayne C3 & Drake was a Wayne Co sign so it was big when he dropped :2cents:

Lotta you young niggaz wasnt around to know how big sum of those albums in tha 90z was :tiphat:

Shit Wu tang forever was big,Heard Pac & R kelly was doing tha original best of both worlds,Tha hot boyz debut was big also :2cents:

2wo-G
king
king
Region: South
Affiliation: Rockin a Gold Watch and a Gold Strap

Post by 2wo-G » February 24th, 2015, 1:05 pm

Definitely not Thank Me Later...boys werent taking Drake serious at the time since he was on that corny Young Money album hashtag flow shit. Now I remember EVERYBODY really being into Take Care coming out

Tbh I wouldn't know a lot of these. Im too young to know bout most albums before the early-mid 2000s. The hype for Tha Carter III was fucking insane tho. I quit doing bootlegs for a while by that time but I did it again JUS for that album & made a serious lick off it.

Idk bout no Kanye album tho. Maybe his 1st one I guess.

PmoneY
superior
superior

Post by PmoneY » February 24th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Oh ok i could respect that,Every generation got they're own opinion on the game but you could never re write history, Get rich, Doggystyle, Chronic, All shook tha game up :2cents:

But props to Wayne for selling a milli a week for tha South,Not a top 5 all time but Wayne changed tha game & prolly had more impact than Jay z far as music :tiphat:

2wo-G
king
king
Affiliation: Rockin a Gold Watch and a Gold Strap

Post by 2wo-G » February 24th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Speaking of Jigga I wasnt even old enough to really be into rap or the music scene when it came out but I remember the hype for Jay Zs Black Album was ridiculous. Supposed to be the rap moguls retiring album along w/ all them hot singles he dropped for it :whew:

Bel Airs
boss
boss

Post by Bel Airs » February 24th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Kanye 2nd album was hyped like crazy, way more then drake and t.i. papertrail that's for sure

1Million
oog
oog
Affiliation: O-A-K-C-L-I-F-F, with my niggas or by myself...

Post by 1Million » February 24th, 2015, 1:32 pm

What was that Kanye album where he was competing with 50 Cent and 50 said he'd retire if Kanye sold more but didn't retire?

PmoneY
superior
superior

Post by PmoneY » February 24th, 2015, 1:57 pm

It was called Graduation ,And it's tha same thing i said about it being Kanye most buzz album :2cents:

Kanye in his prime was never a great lyricist like Nas or Gangster rapper like Cube,He opened up a new lane for tha backpack rappers & made it okay to be different, He will be remembered for being Jay little brother & bringing conscious rap to tha forefront in an Era where Gangsta rap was big again due to 50,G unit,Game & Jeezy :2cents:

Tha7thLetta
boss
boss
Region: Nationwide

Post by Tha7thLetta » February 24th, 2015, 3:14 pm

Dmx- its dark & hell is hot album had a huge buzz in late 97-98 when it dropped dats all niggaz was bumping

Bel Airs
boss
boss

Post by Bel Airs » February 24th, 2015, 3:29 pm

I thought 50 cent said he would retire? Kanye single handily brought Chicago to the map and saved New York because during that time DMX was drugged out and Jay-z fell off and to be honest he not even that great of a rapper. Hottest thing in ny was Papoose during that era :discust: Kanye was producing the best beats in the industry to

Bel Airs
boss
boss

Post by Bel Airs » February 24th, 2015, 3:30 pm

50 cent only said he would retire because he knew it would sell more records

PmoneY
superior
superior

Post by PmoneY » February 24th, 2015, 3:48 pm

50 lied about saying it would sell records, he was embarrassed Kanye outsold him & rightfully so,He shoulda retired and kept his word,After that year Kanye blew up & 50 fell off :2cents:

I think Snoop in 92 had crazy buzz kuz of his murder case & how well he performed on tha Chronic, people was crazy to see how hard doggystyle would hit :2cents:

Than Pac all eyez on me was him after getting shot 5 times in new york, Going to prison for rape allegations, Suge bailing him out to sign with Death row,Dropping tha 1st double album in rap history & addressing his east/west beef with biggie ,Stupid buzz right there :2cents: :2cents:

Life after death dropped after biggie got killed so another stupid buzz ,You young niggaz betta learn more on rap history :2cents: