Is ignorance in Hip-hop music the reason why the ghetto is the way it is?

superior
superior
Region: North East
Affiliation: Neutral

Is ignorance in Hip-hop music the reason why the ghetto is the way it is?

Postby Fake Deleted » February 5th, 2015, 12:21 am

I believe so. They promote that ignorant shit all the time misleading the young & misguided. Is there any Hip-hop music out there that's not about drug dealing & gang bangin'?

oog
oog
Region: South
Affiliation: Cuauhtemoc, everybody wanna burn the feet off him

Re: Is ignorance in Hip-hop music the reason why the ghetto is the way it is?

Postby 1Million » February 5th, 2015, 12:23 am

I don't think so. The ghetto has existed way longer than hip hop has. And there's some ghetto ass places in the world where people don't even listen to hip hop.

underboss
underboss
Region: Midwest

Postby bar up » February 5th, 2015, 12:24 am

Not if u listen to positive shit like Oj da juiceman

oog
oog

Postby 1Million » February 5th, 2015, 12:26 am

bar up wrote:Not if u listen to positive shit like Oj da juiceman

OJ's music was the soundtracc to the most ignorant year of my life :whaat:

ooog
ooog
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: I-95

Postby BluntedUp » February 5th, 2015, 12:29 am

hell yea, if you look at half these lil niggas they whole mannerism is based off chicago niggas next year it'll be the next new wave :2cents:

superior
superior
Affiliation: Money

Postby tony1975 » February 5th, 2015, 12:58 am

The wildest & most violent period was before Hip-Hop & before Hip-Hop was even on some shoot em up bang bang shit tho.

og
og
Affiliation: ...

Postby BkBarclays » February 5th, 2015, 1:06 am

Rap is based off the street...its a story about the streets.

If u ignant already music will influence u to go out n do shit. If u real music is just music...it cant hype a real nigga up to go do shit unless they already about that life.

If u suddenly wanna b a thug bkuz of some rapper/ rap song...u deserve to get wat u lookin for for the fact ur a fake.

boss
boss
Affiliation: you choose it

Postby freddiefourfingers » February 5th, 2015, 4:32 am

the ghetto may be reinforced by hip hop... but the cycle had to have started somewhere, since one came before the other.

ignorance in the ghetto (and outside of the ghetto) is the reason for ignorance in Hip Hop..

:tiphat:

major
major
Affiliation: I'm rollin' wit da "7"18 an da Crescent

Postby BlueYork » February 5th, 2015, 6:13 am

James Brown "The Pay Back" was a big Crip anthem when it came out...Monster was in his book talking about riding on his enemies listening to that an also Bobby Womack an some other oldie.Even Ice T was talking about the Zulu's teaching him about the art of Hip-Hop but when he went bacc to the west them niggas in the streets wasn't trying to hear the Knowledge,then came 6 in the morning an colors{his biggest hits}.So people can't blame hip hop for there actions in the streets.That's like blaming the BX cuz they started it.Hip hop did the stop the violence movement then it went in Cali with that tracc called "Same Gang".It's all luv in hip hop,Peace to Jamel Shabazz from Bacc in the Day.
jamel_still2.jpeg
jamel_still2.jpeg (506.04 KiB) Viewed 2156 times

underboss
underboss

Postby 3nisko2 » February 5th, 2015, 8:47 am

Hip hop music saved the ghetto, alot of these young nikkas would had been hustling in your mamas building or shooting in front of your kids school - that only pushed most drug crews to change up and do music.. Hip hop also stopped alot of murders in the late 70s and especially 90s when everyone was getting it seriously.

Ghetto is thhe ghetto due to poverty and rasicm period..

superior
superior

Postby Fake Deleted » February 5th, 2015, 9:04 am

tony1975 wrote:The wildest & most violent period was before Hip-Hop & before Hip-Hop was even on some shoot em up bang bang shit tho.

So they say. But I get an hence that ignorance in Hip-hop today is keeping the ghetto from evolving outside that lifestyle. Look at the influence G.B.E gave with the Black Disciples every wannabe 300 O-Block popping up all over the place from G.B.E fans, or how Dipset influences reincarnated Bloods bangin' in New York again because the shit was dying down. Only type of people who was joining the Bloods gang in New York was the ones who were in & out of jail, but the Dipset influence had even people who rarely get into trouble joining Bloods gang because they made it seem so cool. What happened in the past should've gave people of present times in the ghetto that "it's not worth it" mentality "let's move smarter". But instead that nonsense music is pumping heads up to keep the same cycle in the ghetto. That's why I say majority of people bangin' selling drugs & all that hot shit is fake wannabes because they do it to look cool.

superior
superior

Postby Fake Deleted » February 5th, 2015, 9:10 am

3nisko2 wrote:Hip hop music saved the ghetto, alot of these young nikkas would had been hustling in your mamas building or shooting in front of your kids school - that only pushed most drug crews to change up and do music.. Hip hop also stopped alot of murders in the late 70s and especially 90s when everyone was getting it seriously.

Old Hip-hop saved the ghetto. Not this new shit. This new shit influencing heads to do dumb shit. Look at Bobby Shmurda. Dude was on his way to Hollywood but because he couldn't live that gang bangin' lifestyle and or had to prove to the World he was about that life it got him facing charges.

superior
superior
Region: West

Postby jayxsavage » February 5th, 2015, 9:20 am

Partially... even dumb niggas on this site claim going to jail multiple times makes them a thug and not an idiot. smh.

You know shit has become backwards when niggas from nice areas lie and say their from the hood.
Niggas used to be ashamed and would lied about where they live, now it's backwards.

music has made it cool, when we all know getting locked up, losing loved ones, etc isn't shit to brag about.. but put it over a beat and niggas eat it up.

underboss
underboss

Postby 3nisko2 » February 5th, 2015, 9:39 am

Black Wall ST. wrote:
3nisko2 wrote:Hip hop music saved the ghetto, alot of these young nikkas would had been hustling in your mamas building or shooting in front of your kids school - that only pushed most drug crews to change up and do music.. Hip hop also stopped alot of murders in the late 70s and especially 90s when everyone was getting it seriously.

Old Hip-hop saved the ghetto. Not this new shit. This new shit influencing heads to do dumb shit. Look at Bobby Shmurda. Dude was on his way to Hollywood but because he couldn't live that gang bangin' lifestyle and or had to prove to the World he was about that life it got him facing charges.

But bobby did change his life tho, you think son was really pushing that work?
The thing is once u become famous you're a target, so of course nikkas are rolling around strapped
But this new hip hop still brings hope to a community that never had none, creating jobs, giving dudes education on buisness. Hip hop became an outlet the thing is your attitude is on a hundred when you got money but i doubt they were in the game as deep as they were after they got on

superior
superior

Postby Fake Deleted » February 5th, 2015, 11:07 am

3nisko2 wrote:
Black Wall ST. wrote:

But bobby did change his life tho, you think son was really pushing that work?
The thing is once u become famous you're a target, so of course nikkas are rolling around strapped
But this new hip hop still brings hope to a community that never had none, creating jobs, giving dudes education on buisness. Hip hop became an outlet the thing is your attitude is on a hundred when you got money but i doubt they were in the game as deep as they were after they got on

Bobby Shmurda & his team was good rolling around with bulletproof vest & armed bodyguards if that's the case. I'd be damned if I become a celebrity & move around with a Gun knowing I don't have a license for it... That's another thing, why does Hip-hop bring some much drama even from people you never even met in your life wanting to kill you all in which are from the ghetto just like them? GS9 vs GBE already. GBE vs NJ Crips. Hip-hop beef ain't even what it use to be. Before it was just friendly mic beef I could spit better than you, I'm a shit on you with this track. Nobody dying over it. The minute a GS9 or GBE member see each other I bet there's gonna be some kinda shoot out or big brawl. All that goes through the eyes of the ghetto viewers straight to the streets because how their all rowdy up now. Majority in the streets nowaday is fake that just have either the heart to be that kinda player or just that stupid :shrug: Had people wanting to kill Kendrick Lamar because he said he was the King of New York. I don't like Kendrick for that statement because I feel he's a smart dude & definitely knew what he was trying to do when he said that, he wanted another Cali vs New York/Biggie & Pac thing to flare up which was corny to me.

underboss
underboss

Postby 3nisko2 » February 5th, 2015, 11:29 am

Yeah you right, if you're a street artist that rap about that life - its like joining a gang so many different crews gonna test you just to call u out as a fake. Its like even after you get signed you're back on the street beefing shit sux

superior
superior

Postby Fake Deleted » February 5th, 2015, 12:39 pm

3nisko2 wrote:Yeah you right, if you're a street artist that rap about that life - its like joining a gang so many different crews gonna test you just to call u out as a fake. Its like even after you get signed you're back on the street beefing shit sux

That's another thing. Hip-hop is suppose to be entertainment. It's a shame even after you get signed you have to watch your back for people from other hoods testing your G & seeing if you about what you rap. The ghetto need to learn how to keep shit real, know when to be real & realize what's fake. I could totally understand them making thug music just to entertain people or whatever kinda music but what I can't stand is the wannabes that bring it to reality/let it have an true influence on their lives.

boss
boss
Affiliation: you choose it

Postby freddiefourfingers » February 5th, 2015, 1:31 pm

music is and has always been tuned-in to a cultural pitch and therefor has been a reflection of the people whom create the music. a reflection of the people, the environment they come from, the familes they represent, the values they hold so on and so forth. its also a metaphorical drum line for holding standards and defining things like love, heartbreak, manliness, machismo-- gangsterism and the like.

we've evolved to be receptive to music. we sang songs going into war, we beat drums to prepare ourselves for wars, our military trains to music (in some cases.. like chanting), our calvary during the civil war used music, music was used to galvanize soldiers during vietnam, the list goes on... and on..

if anybody don't think music has anything to do with the actions of the streets, then they got another thing comin.

:tiphat:

prince
prince
Affiliation: Beta Levi שבט לוי Forever And Always Coon Kila

Postby BlackMetroCard » February 5th, 2015, 2:27 pm

MAAANNEE Hip Hop came from the baddest Ghetto THE BOOGIE DOWNN :dance: soo why we acting like this was never Street lolol?

oog
oog

Postby 1Million » February 5th, 2015, 2:41 pm

BlueYork wrote:James Brown "The Pay Back" was a big Crip anthem when it came out...Monster was in his book talking about riding on his enemies listening to that an also Bobby Womack an some other oldie.Even Ice T was talking about the Zulu's teaching him about the art of Hip-Hop but when he went bacc to the west them niggas in the streets wasn't trying to hear the Knowledge,then came 6 in the morning an colors{his biggest hits}.So people can't blame hip hop for there actions in the streets.That's like blaming the BX cuz they started it.Hip hop did the stop the violence movement then it went in Cali with that tracc called "Same Gang".It's all luv in hip hop,Peace to Jamel Shabazz from Bacc in the Day.
jamel_still2.jpeg

Why did everybody look like French pimps bacc then? I look at old pictures of people all over the country, it looks like NY was the only place where they was dressing like that.

superior
superior
Affiliation: NSP

Postby 1800blk » February 5th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Black Wall ST. wrote:I believe so. They promote that ignorant shit all the time misleading the young & misguided. Is there any Hip-hop music out there that's not about drug dealing & gang bangin'?

no its the ignorance n the ppl that listen that fuck us up i might listen 2 some ignorant shit but im smart enough that 4 1 i know that them niggas aint really bout that n 2 what will happen if i try 2 do the shit they talkin bout its niggas that dont want no better 4 themself or aint got no sense that take that bs n run wit it :2cents:

superior
superior
Affiliation: NSP

Postby 1800blk » February 5th, 2015, 3:00 pm

TWENTY74 wrote:old Atlanta rappers will jack 60% OF THESE ONES NOW EXCEPT BAMBINO TROUBLE ALLEY N FEW MORE :lol:

DATS 1991 ^^ IT SOUNDS JUST ABUOT GANGSTA AS NY MUZIK 1991 AND CALI'S :ohhh:

^^ so play them, PLUS GHETTO MAFIA, OUTKAST, DUNGEON FAMILY ,KILO ALI= REAL STRUCTURE OF ATL MUZIK NOT NO YUNG THUG N DA SHIT YA'LL KALI N CHI NIGGAS BE SAYIN .
[/quote]

u betta listen 2 old tennessee rappers three 3 8 ball mjg thats just a kouple niggas tenn was turnt up b4 niggas even thought bout sayin turnt up :lol:

superior
superior

Postby Fake Deleted » February 5th, 2015, 4:52 pm

1800blk wrote:
Black Wall ST. wrote:I believe so. They promote that ignorant shit all the time misleading the young & misguided. Is there any Hip-hop music out there that's not about drug dealing & gang bangin'?

no its the ignorance n the ppl that listen that fuck us up i might listen 2 some ignorant shit but im smart enough that 4 1 i know that them niggas aint really bout that n 2 what will happen if i try 2 do the shit they talkin bout its niggas that dont want no better 4 themself or aint got no sense that take that bs n run wit it :2cents:

Definitely the ignorance in people for letting it influence them. But Hip-hop of today also has a fault in what's going on in the streets & not just people telling the story about how it was in the streets. Back in the day Hip-hop music wasn't as violent as what we have today & back then they threw out a lot of positive messages. Nowadays Hip-hop music seem like it's promotion the crazy lifestyle if you really listen to the songs like that "I'm in love with the Cocoa" bull-shit & a couple of others. They making it seem very cool to drill, trap, shmurda or whatever they calling it now. Even with the outburst of females becoming strippers once songs like "bands a make her dance" came out. Almost every female went in to be a stripper.

superior
superior

Postby Fake Deleted » February 5th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Like Twenty74. You can tell he's poseur the way he's to into Chicago gang politics like he actually Rambo'd out that bitch & the way he go hard to post them ignorant ass videos. He definitely been influenced :comeon:

ooog
ooog
Region: Nationwide
Affiliation: I-95

Postby BluntedUp » February 5th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Next

Return to Lobby